What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Mario 64 Illusion Mapped

Mollymutt

Thank you all for your negative support and some postive support...............

Chin up.. Some people around here don't know how to be critical without being assholes. It's not really my cup of tea, but don't let the flamers keep you down.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
wasnt trying to be mean, but... hmm.. try making the grass more small and textured, its got big brick type objects in it... maybe if you increase the size of the image then itll be smaller (not sure)... try to make it more defined and the castle textures..get the textures and make them transparent to the castle so it looks the same giving it an illusional look ya know...? really just put your time into it and you'll have an awesome pack..
that's all

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Oh, shut up...We have the right to say what we think of it. And to honor that right: It looks like SHIT. That is my opinion, and i would like that to be respected. Sure, there are probably others who think it looks good, and i respect that.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
What exactly makes this "illusion mapped" and what does "illusion mapped" even mean in this context? Or did you just have a hard time thinking up a respectable name for the texture pack?

I have to agree with EmuFan though, the texures look horrible. Somettime simple textures work wonders. You NEED to find some kind of balance between the different textures and the colors, because quite frankly, the whole thing looks like an acid trip gone bad. Believe me, visuals like that don't make a game like Super Mario 64 very appealing. Then again, this is just my opinion.

Last edited: