What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Links House Retexture

OP
C

colindecon

Update

I added some textures borrowed from the community retexture pack as im not to good at making my own..

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Last edited:

death--droid

Very nice colindecon, tho it will probably be better if someone recreated the orginal textures at a high resolution.

The Dave

Yeah you have the shapes down no doubt, not the textures just need to be tweaked up a bit.

Like for example the wall patterns need to be flipped 90 degrees and the brown needs to be more rich like the original.

The floor needs the tree rings. I could possibly help out with some, would there anyway I can view your model with textures and edit them and refresh the view on the fly without really having any experience with modeling or anything? Collaborating could be hard otherwise.

OP
C

colindecon

Thanks for the input guys,

so the origanal textures recreated hmmm, ill see what i can do :)

NINTENDO POWER

OP
C

colindecon

viewing the model with textures i really dont think so as for edditing you would need to have Autodesk Maya installed.

The Dave

Definitely way more in the right direction. Not sure it's a perfect fit, thought it might be a little too large, like the same texture but with the features a little smaller would be better, with that set up link would have a lot of random holes in his floor!

OP
C

colindecon

dont worrie about the camera angle thats the easy part that can be mesaured at the end, i just want correct lighting and likable textures

The Dave

Oh I'm not saying anything about the models, I'm talking about that floor feature. Like the texture needs to be scaled down, zoomed out. The features are too large, close up, etc.

Would you be able to post that exact texture you are using?

The Dave

That's a lot better, that's exactly how it should look, will it be crisp at a very high resolution? Because you're going to want to export out a pretty high resolution jpeg in the end.

Anton

I like beer
colindecon - nice job, but did you pay attention to shadows?
They are completely black, like on the Moon surface )
Does Link has a powerful light source on the ceiling in his house? )
Shadows must be more opaque, more natural - in my honest opinion )

X-Fi6

Can you export this to... hmm, what's the highest resolution a normal consumer would enjoy spending a lot of money on? 1440p? If that's the case, it would be nice if you could export it to 1920x1440. :) I think people have 1600p monitors out there, but 4*1600 is not evenly divisible by 3.

At the very least, please export this at 1600x1200 for people with 1080p monitors, like me; they're getting really popular and really cheap now.

chaoszerox

hires_texture
Can you export this to... hmm, what's the highest resolution a normal consumer would enjoy spending a lot of money on? 1440p? If that's the case, it would be nice if you could export it to 1920x1440. :) I think people have 1600p monitors out there, but 4*1600 is not evenly divisible by 3.

At the very least, please export this at 1600x1200 for people with 1080p monitors, like me; they're getting really popular and really cheap now.
The highest resolution monitors on the market I can find are 2560 x 1600
mind you these monitors are more expensive than most PCs...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824002419
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824002459