What's new

Kirbys Air Ride

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Tagrineth said:
The courses are smaller because they dispensed with the almost unbearably huge-as-fuck Wario Stadium and Rainbow Road. (editor's note: I -love- Wario Stadium, and have a 100% first-place ratio in that race against anyone who does not use the shortcut)

'kay, I was wrong.

Yesterday I unlocked the Special Cup... the game does indeed have some very, very long races, just still not quite to the level of MK64's aforementioned ridiculously long courses.

Oh, and does anyone else think the All Cups thing is more than a little crazy?

2fast4u

Oh, and does anyone else think the All Cups thing is more than a little crazy?

actually my problem with the normal cups was that there is only 4 races to one championship, which is too few imo. granted, you need to free about 40 minutes to race all cups but i found them a lot more fun than just racing one cup at a time.

oh and i think the baby park course kicks ass, especially in multiplayers. i took my cube over to a friends house 2 days ago and basically played the damn game all nite. best multiplayer youll find.

2fast4u

if the welshman would get a godamn freeloader and tell us how kirbys airride works out maybe we could get back on topic ;)

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
2fast4u said:
actually my problem with the normal cups was that there is only 4 races to one championship, which is too few imo. granted, you need to free about 40 minutes to race all cups but i found them a lot more fun than just racing one cup at a time.

oh and i think the baby park course kicks ass, especially in multiplayers. i took my cube over to a friends house 2 days ago and basically played the damn game all nite. best multiplayer youll find.

I agree the normal cups are too short, but the All Cup is *TOO* long. Can't we find a happy medium... say 5 or 6 races? F-Zero X is 6 (IIRC), GX is 5...

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
2fast4u said:
if the welshman would get a godamn freeloader and tell us how kirbys airride works out maybe we could get back on topic ;)

*lol* Yeah, well I haven't yet, OK?!

Been spending too much time on XIII recently. :crazy:

sheik124

Emutalk Member
i got MK:DD shipped to my house by nintendo a day before it came out and it kicked ass!!!
i gotta admit though that wario stadium and rainbow road really are as big as fuck and take forever, and the baby track is the best, especially with gigantic powerups like the giant banana and the bowser shell. MK:DD's handling is like tht of MK:Advance and SMK, Mario Kart 64 still has a special place in my heart since it was the first N64 game and first video game (aside from the cheesey 383487 in 1 atari-like systems with each mario level counting as like 232 games (different sprites bla bla) i used to play at cousins houses overseas) i ever bought let-alone a gameboy pocket with 5 games, and i must say, i was about 7 at the time and i was up till 10:30 playing (which was way past my bedtime lmao). i still have it and am making my portable 64 just for it!!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
DD was perhaps just as good as MK64. They could have placed a little fancier courses, however. Perhaps more harder...have you ever tried racing against buddies on the stages ('cept for most special cup stages)? The winner is based on LUCK and what CHARACTER (hint: the specials) you choose. While playing the special cup, I always won because I was a far better driver than he was.

Otherwise, I think DD is about great...hmmm. The only thing I miss is the ability to break when hiding a bananas on the road...since the computer's crazy about them.

Hyper190

Banned
Hey Jaz what ever happened to you playing mario kart
online through warpipe, playing agianst 2fast4u did you
guys ever get it two work???????

Im interested

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Hyper190 said:
Hey Jaz what ever happened to you playing mario kart
online through warpipe, playing agianst 2fast4u did you
guys ever get it two work???????

Im interested

Not yet, but I've just had my broadband installed, and fitting my network card next week, so it'll be all go soon.

You still up for it, 2fast4u? And anyone else?

I'm sure you'll find a thread with some screenies of the first ET test.

2fast4u

update on the issue: im gonna need to get a new 2nd nic first since my onboard one turns out to be defective (><). just found that out yesterday when trying to use it to connect to my cube via pso.

hrm .. 10/100 nic = 17 bucks

Last edited: