What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Kerb's Mariokart re-texture

OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

More lovely map problems Im going to need to work around. One being this overlaping texture, I can probably work from it using a screenshot and simply moving the texture around to find the happy medium. This other one is just plain tedious especially since I dont know how to render stuff in 3D. The jungle trees could be a problem unsolved untill a skilled modeler stumbles apon my distress call.:alien2:

-Side note: Other than that and Rainbow road with its freakin animations im pretty much done with MK64 with your help it could easily be finished in a matter of days.:bye3:

Vanit

Unfortunately I don't belive those problems can be solved... unless you make all the edges of the pictures exactly the same.

OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

hmmm...interesting you mean ..uh damn whats the word seamless textures this is a interesting concept wonder if it works....:plain: Ok you make me pissed off enough to waste more time to show you how counter productive I can be. Here is a example of the two same texutres...NOTICE HOW THEY DO MATCH UP NOW....and how they dont in game. They are the same textures although they dont look like it because of the games effects and Fu*ked up overlaping withen the map.....wich actually forces my textures to not tile, and evidently making me look like a idiot.

Last edited:

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
Well, with the DK trees thing you could always grab some sprites from DKC on the SNES. It's practically the same thing.
With the overlapping texture thing... well, the textures stretch sometimes and shrink other times. It just means a s**tload of work to fix one texture, so I suggest you just skip it and move one, perhaps finishing it right at the end. Good Luck!

OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

Yea I have all the DK manuals none are even close to what I need....I almost need somone to re-create this scene...so if anyone knows a person with time on their hands to make a simple render send em my way.

OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

Actually I was wondering if anyone had all the dumps....I dont seem to be able to dump them all. I did just finish the rendered scene for it tho:whistling faster I get the jungle scene dumps faster you get screens.:party:

Vanit

Your new renders are great but you don't seem to be too good at producing your own alpha layers. Not to sound cocky, but if you could pass me the picture renders of the ones with bad masking with their transperancy still intact (layers in photoshop), I could make some good alpha layers for you.

Alternatively I could tell you how I do it (I left in all the newby details incase other people want to follow it):

1: Make a layer filled with black (0,0,0).
2: On the layer above that have your picture with its transperanct intact (so you can see around the edges).
3: Now set the second layers Opacity to around 50-60%.
4. On the black layer, take a white pencil (not brush) at maybe size 10 and do a rough trace of the above layer and make it go over the edges, then fill in the middle.
5: Return the second layer to 100% opacity.
6: Go back to the first layer and use a black pencil to line up the white directly under the edges so now you get a perfectly sized alpha layer.
7. Make the second layer 0% opacity and save it over the old low res alpha layer.

Note: If you don't have the old alpha layer, save it as <numbers>_a.png (where the original is <numbers>_rgb.png).

OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

Thanks for the tip I think that might have been my problem with the HUD not having a definent black around the font...wish somone would have told this to me earlier. :p Heres whats required to try to make your own DKJR scenes. Once you make the originals 4X and try to peice them together youll see the problem I ran into..wish it didnt have to be so difficult but oh well.

Last edited:
OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

Vanit said:
Your new renders are great but you don't seem to be too good at producing your own alpha layers. Not to sound cocky, but if you could pass me the picture renders of the ones with bad masking with their transperancy still intact (layers in photoshop), I could make some good alpha layers for you.

Alternatively I could tell you how I do it (I left in all the newby details incase other people want to follow it):

2: On the layer above that have your picture with its transperanct intact (so you can see around the edges).
3: Now set the second layers Opacity to around 50-60%.
4. On the black layer, take a white pencil (not brush) at maybe size 10 and do a rough trace of the above layer and make it go over the edges, then fill in the middle.
5: Return the second layer to 100% opacity.
6: Go back to the first layer and use a black pencil to line up the white directly under the edges so now you get a perfectly sized alpha layer.
7. Make the second layer 0% opacity and save it over the old low res alpha layer.

Note: If you don't have the old alpha layer, save it as <numbers>_a.png (where the original is <numbers>_rgb.png).

Let me get this straight because your steps arent 100% clear to even me. You save a alpha layer mask in.....the channel layers, and name it (Numbers)_rbg.png) that maches the _a.png? Thats what I got out of it even tho you left out the channel thing (might be good to start there) tell me if im wrong or even shine some more light on the subject.

Vanit

Okay, obviously I didn't type it out so well so I'll try again:

Aim: The aim is to use 2 layers to draw a white shadow of the picture to act as the alpha mask.

2: On the layer above that have your picture with its transperancy intact (so you can see around the edges).
3: Now set the second layers Opacity to around 50-60% so you can see through it.
4. Take a white pencil (not brush) at maybe size 10 and trace your picture onto the black layer then fill in the middle.
5: Return the second layer to 100% opacity so now you can see the white bits that go over the edge.
6: In the first layer use a black pencil to line up the white directly under the edges of your picture so now you get a perfectly sized alpha layer.
7. Make the second layer 0% opacity so you can only see your white shadow, and save it as "<numbers>_a.png" where the original picture is "<Numbers>_rgb.png".

I hope thats more clear.

Last edited:
OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

Im having troubles with your tutorial, it might be best if you just show everyone via a psd.
I have been having alpha masking troubles with the hud....if you could mask any of these new hud items, and show everyone (including me) how to do this using my images as a example im sure it would be easier to read. The rar file has everything you would need to show how to do the alpha masking. In advanced thanks for your help improving the quality of MK64.
-Oh and as a side note you pobably dont need nearly as many steps for how to make a mask. As soon as I see how stupid simple this probably is im going to retexture the hud 100% to the original.

Last edited:
OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

You sure you didnt miss a step it didnt load for me....anyone gets it to load tell me how they did it.:huh: