What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Kerb's Mariokart re-texture

Weatherton

Amazing work Vanit! May I ask, what was your process for replacing the image? Also, is that truely 4X? If so, could you maybe put a bit of a blur on it? It looks a bit pixelated (though MUCH better than before!).

Vanit

It's only 2x because anymore than that and all these funky opcode errors would pop up. The hardest part of redoing the title screen was putting all the pieces back together which took a good 5 hours by itself. Then when I put the 1280x8 pieces back into the game they wouldn't load and errors started popping up. So I cut them back to 640x4 each and still they wouldn't load. I couldn't figure out why so I had to open each dumped file and then paste its high res counter part over the top. It was an extremely grueling process, I can tell you.

Attached is the photoshop psd that has all 120 pieces lined up at the intended resolution (1280x960). Each layer represents one file and is named by the 8 digit number from its original file. If you want to cut out the high res counter part of a layer select the low res image's layer while holding control, then select the high res image and cut it. You'll then have to find the dump for it, make its size 200% and put it over the top and save it.

Though I'd rather you not attempt to do a better job because I earnt this :).

Vanit

I got the Mario Kart text pattern figured out so here's the new text. Also I won't be able to work on any more of it this weekend so I've attached the files for both the new background and the Mario Kart text.

Enjoy :).

OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

The mariokart font doesnt look right to me perhaps add a bevel and a darker shadow. Looks cool otherwise.

klasa

I think he means that the game adds the shadow itself
edit: now ive downloaded it, i've seen that he just added that himself

Last edited:

Vanit

Well I've been doing some thinking and I was wondering if I should tint the sky of the new title screen to a blue similar to the original. Here is a mock up, I really like the way it turned out. I'll almost definitely replace the 'old' one with this one unless there are any objections (Kerber?).

OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

Looks good, but if your gonna re-split the image make sure your resize for 4X I think last time it was 2X.

Vanit

I'll attempt to get a few slices to fit, but I'm not going to do the whole thing again only to find it doesn't work XD.

Gameboy5

I cant get the mod to work.

It got like this:

MarioKart64-6.png

Endless amount of Koopa-shells
MarioKart64-5.png

OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

OMG its like some horriable graphic flaw you better take your computer in to get it checked out. :evil:
Dont worry guys I think ill have it ready this week...I just dont want somthing rushed, and hear nothing but complaints. :)

Last edited:

revl8er

That Damn Good
No rush, release it whenever you finish it, because personally I hate seeing complaints on work that someone put hard work into.

Vanit

I'm getting quicker at editing the sky now, it only took an hour to put the new shade in. Anyways here's the picture. I think it looks way better now the sky is bluer (and if you look at the clouds in the original one its evident that Nintendo also toggled the contrast to get it bluer).

Also I once again attempted 1280x960 and then 960x720 but they both got errors so it looks like we're stuck with 2x.

Last edited:

mongo51983

Zelda Maniac!!!
I was just wondering if I have the correct rom, only some textures are loading for me. Here's my rom information.

image27pf.jpg