What's new

Just started need help

JKKDARK

Read the first post, PLEASE. He is supporting piracy and you know, 90% of downloaded games will not work. I never had a problem with any N64 emulator/game because I dumped my own games to my computer. Anyway, this is the only way that the people post new threads.

Allnatural

JKKDARK said:
Read the first post, PLEASE. He is supporting piracy and you know, 90% of downloaded games will not work. I never had a problem with any N64 emulator/game because I dumped my own games to my computer. Anyway, this is the only way that the people post new threads.
The original poster is guilty of nothing more than naiveté.

If you really dump your own carts, more power to you. That'd make you one of the few, truly legal users. :)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Typify said:
I do support piracy and never in my life have I downloaded a game which does not work.
Yes. Downloading non-working games is a bannable offence.

Toasty

Sony battery
If this thread were to be locked I wouldn't shed any tears. I think the original question has been pretty well answered and the discussion seems to be degrading. Anyway, I'm just saying...

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
I downloaded the games, that i owned in the first place.

i might not have dumped them, but its not illegal to download them, just immoral.. if i were to be taken to court over the matter i still own the original roms meaning i own them in any format,. even on computer.

Allnatural

squall_leonhart said:

i might not have dumped them, but its not illegal to download them, just immoral.. if i were to be taken to court over the matter i still own the original roms meaning i own them in any format,. even on computer.
Technically you're still liable. The fair use rights allow you to make a backup of your carts, not download someone else's backup.

JKKDARK

squall_leonhart said:

How old are you? Grow up!

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Allnatural said:
Technically you're still liable. The fair use rights allow you to make a backup of your carts, not download someone else's backup.

the fair use rights are not going to bother comparing my carts romid with the dumps. so they can't charge me with anything.

they have no proof that i didn't dump them myself, unless i say it blatantly to them that i downloaded it, and even then, they can't touch me coz i own the original games.

Aus law ain't as strict regarding copyrights.

hell,. i can even download all the music i already own... which btw,,.,! i did once when my mums beauty and the beast sound track cd went missing!

which was then found when i took apart the old stereo :|

Milo-

I have useless information
JKKDARK said:
How old are you? Grow up!
You know you bore me to death, how old are you? im sure you are only a 12 years old.

And in my country is not illegal to download n64 games, however, Is up to you to do anything you can consider inmoral etc.

anyway, i think we are a little off topic now, a mod should close this... anyway i dont know..

K1rby64

Banned
dont you think that the one who made pj64 is guilty because he stealed nintendo work in nintendo 64 system

Toasty

Sony battery
Reverse-engineering is not necessarily illegal, and in the case of Project64, it's perfectly legal. PJ64 imitates the functions of chips inside an N64; no copyrighted data was ripped off an N64 and put into the emulator. (The console itself contains no copyrighted data to rip!)

A.I.

Banned
I reckon there should be a Hall of Shame Sticky for every sod that asks for a fricken ROM! That said i also think a warning DO NOT ASK FOR GAMES OR YOU WILL BE BANNED! be below the Emutalk banner pulsating in a neo glow to get potential perps attention. For all those semi iliterate types(ppl who type in pidgeon english and cant 'speel' more than two words in a row... whoops thats me!) a big logo of a N64 ROM/Game with a large red cross on it. Offenders should not only be banned but sent a life time of SPAM to them.

If all that fails everyone should donate twenty dollars to the Emutalk Hit Squad where the offenders will be hunted down like the vermin they are, shot, skinned and used as seat covers! :gunman: