What's new

Just started need help

tempuser4

My friend has project 64 and has games on it, the same games in the faq section. Do they come with project 64 or no? Because when i launch pj64 it has no games or anything i can play, while when my friend launches his he has llots of playable games. And I doupt he downloaded anything but project 64. I don't know why this is. I think i have all nesisere drives to use jp 64. Can someone plz help.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
obviously your friend has looked for games in google then. becoz it is illegal for PJ64 to be packaged with games. even if some third party dude has made the package

NoeOM

Mankind Member
Hi,
tempuser4 said:
My friend has project 64 and has games on it
Your friend has Project 64 and some roms. Project 64 is an emulator. An emulator can load and run roms. If you want to play a game in Project 64, you need a rom of that game. Your friend has these roms, you haven't.

REMEMBER: You musn't ask for or provide roms on these forums (or direct acces to them, pages or methods for obtaining them). Is prohibited by the rules as it can be considered illegal and can therefore be harmful for this page.

Follow the rules and feel free to ask whenever you want to!. Have luck!

JKKDARK

Right, buy the games in your local shops or some site like eBay. And dump them to your computer.

Milo-

I have useless information
That would be quite pointless tough, if you have enough money to buy new games and the necesary set to dump them to your computer, then buy a N64 and play them there. -_-

come on guys, noone actually does that, i know you want to sound like the all-righteous guy and such, but..come on.

WhiteX

That would be quite pointless tough, if you have enough money to buy new games and the necesary set to dump them to your computer, then buy a N64 and play them there. -_-

Than do it, i see no one trying to force you to use an emulator.

JKKDARK

Milo- said:

come on guys, noone actually does that, i know you want to sound like the all-righteous guy and such, but..come on.
1) I have a N64 and 13 games, and I use Project 64. Why? save states, infinite memory cards, better textures.
2) I'm NOT a kid
3) I like emulation

Last edited:

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Links to ROMs are forbidden here, and we will never help you to get ROMs or support any kind of piracy of ilegal stuff. However we can help you to emulate the ROMs you already have, where did you get them is not the business here

Milo-

I have useless information
WhiteX said:
Than do it, i see no one trying to force you to use an emulator.
Please, read my post and get the point because you obviusly didnt get it

KoE_Dae'Loki

Knight of Elisair
That is why every game I have emulated I own the original cart with, plus with emulation you don't have to worry about the system either burning up or oxidizing the original cart. Plus some of my games are in unopened packages.

WhiteX

Milo- said:
Please, read my post and get the point because you obviusly didnt get it

Oh, i got it alright, you think we´re hypocrits for not letting ppl get their roms here because you think that the purpose of emulators is to let you play "free games".

squall_leonhart

what a god damn idiot.!

milo, do you even realise how fast nintendo would shut down production of PJ64 if they distributed roms here?

Allnatural

WhiteX said:
Oh, i got it alright, you think we´re hypocrits for not letting ppl get their roms here because you think that the purpose of emulators is to let you play "free games".
That wasn't his point.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
squall_leonhart said:
what a god damn idiot.!

milo, do you even realise how fast nintendo would shut down production of PJ64 if they distributed roms here?

I agree! Some people at Nintendo would get Project64 shut down!

squall_leonhart

not just that, then you'd be looking at copy right suites against Zilmar, Smiff, all natural, jabo, etc for allowing it to happen, not only that then they would track down the person who originally dumped and uploaded them.

i have got an N64
i have got all the N64 games in cartridge form that i have on my computer.

why do i bother with emulation?

High resolution!, better sound in some cases!, the opportunity to apply a high res texture pack. being able to use my xbox control to play n64 games!

they are ally pretty damn good reasons i thinks.

Last edited:

Typify

Nolife
Arguing over the Internet is like the special olympics; even if you win, you're still a retard.

Allnatural

No one is asking for this site to host roms. Honestly people, read (and comprehend) the posts before responding.