What's new

Just a random question about the boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteX

No, you just have to RESPECT ppl before you see that YOU misinterpreted his joke, he is not supposed to be illiterate in english for the sole fact of being brazilian, your post does not only offend him but all the brazilians because we do not have a "native speaker status" we should not "mouth off" so we must be humble and understated, not allowed to draw out jokes just because we come from a portuguese speaking country, it is wrong, preconceptuous and dumb.
Oh, and i am reporting it as a bad post

Last edited:

Miretank

Lurking
I understand that all of this made a big confusion. I'm sorry for all this and ask pardon for the ones damaged. I never wanted to damage or answer bad anyone here including you Jakob, I was kidding with no malice with something I just found funny. But I understand you, you must misinterpreted my post, so then sorry. Don't worry, i'll make no jokes next time :(
btw thanks whitex and please, take it easy :)
and you know Allnatural, my answer was just joking yours ok? ;)

WhiteX

MiretanK.O said:
I understand that all of this made a big confusion. I'm sorry for all this and ask pardon for the ones damaged. I never wanted to damage or answer bad anyone here including you Jakob, I was kidding with no malice with something I just found funny. But I understand you, you must misinterpreted my post, so then sorry. Don't worry, i'll make no jokes next time :(
btw thanks whitex and please, take it easy :)
and you know Allnatural, my answer was just joking yours ok? ;)

That is exactly what i am talking about.

Jakob

evil *******
finally, some entertainment, too bad it's mostly jibberish, anyhow, since this threads been reported, I suppose I should lock it then?

Jakob

evil *******
suppose I should clarify a few things...

first, I have a twisted sense of humour, and I like to shit around with people, trust me, I call my closest friends things far worse, and no, I'm not anti-brazillian, but I do sometimes like to use false racism as a comedic tool, which obviously was entirely innappropriate here, though miretank was being a bit dumb.

As to the term "native speaker status" it means that you are sufficiently fluent in a language to be able to converse without a lot of egregious errors, it's the point at which you don't have to mentally labour in order to speak a language, or atleast have it seem that way to others.

Miretank

Lurking
Jakob said:
first, I have a twisted sense of humour, and I like to shit around with people, trust me, I call my closest friends things far worse, and no, I'm not anti-brazillian, but I do sometimes like to use false racism as a comedic tool, which obviously was entirely innappropriate here, though miretank was being a bit dumb.
Its not sense of humor, its a big disrespect. Racism is crime. You mean you joke with friends far-and-worse, but that is not my problem, and I'm not a closer friend of yours to be treated like you did.
When you say I was dumb, I just stop and think... If its because my english, I may agree with you. I did never had a particular english class, all my english I have learned playing games, and its not my fault if I can't have paid english classes. Now, if you're saying this because my joke, you're the stupid, cause if you have read my ENTIRE post, you should see that I was just KIDDING, never playing with malice.

Jakob said:
As to the term "native speaker status" it means that you are sufficiently fluent in a language to be able to converse without a lot of egregious errors, it's the point at which you don't have to mentally labour in order to speak a language, or atleast have it seem that way to others.
With all your intelligence, you must have know that a lot of people here isn't American or does not come from an English speaker country. So, their english may be basic as mine, and sometimes may be so weak that you can't understand. But then, if you're a person educated enough, you'll ask for the other speak clearer again (as already happened with me). Kind of person that you aren't. You just know to scold and mock the others... poor of you.

C'mon Jakob, try to be a man, try to do things right. You, after do all this mess, you lock the thread. Then you open it again to say that I was being dumb? Oh man, don't try to go back... be honest with yourself and admit you made a mistake.

WhiteX

Jakob, I understand that sometimes we joke around a little too hard and get joked back and all...
However your post was offensive not only to Brazilians or south americans but to all emutalkers who do not speak english, Miretank always typed A-OK we can all understand him and he even got his joke replied so please do not say that he played it dumb.
I also got over my head with this and disrespected you and for this i apologize to you, i am sorry.
I always thought this community to be opened to all kinds of ppl and from all countries so sometimes i give myself the work to decrypt some posts in order to try to help ppl with their emu problems, i mean, basically that is why we are here, so we are not "mouthing off" we are only playing around.
I will not again be harsh or disrespectful with you since disrespect is what made this whole thing get started but as a man and i saw your birth date and i know you are a man as well i ask of you to apologize properly not only to Miretank but to the forum since your attitude, if seen by an observer or someone who does not know your humor, may appear distasteful and offensive, i mean, you as a Moderator have a responsability of not only keep us in line but also to set the example because in our rules it says
DO NOT!
Insult people, advertise or spam.
I felt insulted, Miretank felt insulted, in your reopened thread post you never said "i am sorry" or "i apologize" you explained your sense of humor and reaffirmed that Miretank was dumb and even replaced that he does not have "native speaker status" with "the point at which you don't have to mentally labour in order to speak a language, or atleast have it seem that way to others."
That for me is far worst, if that post satisfy the community, ok, i will not go at it again and will advise Miretank to let it go also, but i´d like to keep in record that for me it was far from the solution that it should be.
Jakob i will not engage a discussion about this with you, this is my opinion and i will not post at this thread again if not to thank you for a proper apology.
Thank you for taking the time to read this,
Leonardo Hingel Costa aka WhiteX

Jakob

evil *******
I used a bit of innappropriate humour, however, it was no racism, racism is distinguished by the intent, not necessarily the words, of course that was a mistake, I knew it even when I typed it, and I had already admitted that, however, you were still being dumb, and I have no intention of refraining from that statement.

WhiteX: everyone has to mentally labour in order to speak a language which they are not fluent in, it is not an insult, it is a statement of fact, a point of progress as well

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
About:

Change your user name: ask and admin, mine has beenchanged twice thanks to Marty

Racism stuff: Jakob was surely joking, it is an usual thing here on ET, I'm getting old here so I'm used to these missunderstoods

WhiteX

i am almost as old as you are and we should never get used to racism.
this thread should be closed for it turned out to be a very unfortunate one.

Jakob

evil *******
whitex: words != racism, intent does, and the thread was closed, of course you complained about that

Status
Not open for further replies.