What's new

January 28 2003

ShadowPrince

Everyone is entitled to support whatever emu he wants, but not at the cost of the community. We're all here to play games, not gain social status or beta testing positions by kissing up to anyone.

This is just make me sad . Do not talk for "all", not
everyone here is just "for playing games". I strongly believe
most of the people here are loving emulation,and excited to see things from other systems running on their computers.If all that u looking here is to play games,go download some Pc warez .

I have a big respect to Uhle2 team work, and i do know what progress it has made .
But some of Uhle2 team members obviously not have even a little respect to others people work. Dominator,don't make yourself seems worse than u are. It maked for you sense and wasnt funny
to waste 3 years on hacking original Uhle binary ,didnt it ?
What u must understand,it's not a competition for me,i just doing
what i like and learn programming meanwhile .
About speed of the releases,some prefer that wips are coming as frequently as possible,others prefer working months or years on each release,this is all matter of personal preference .
And last, but not least,thanks for support of all people who enjoyed my work till now.

mesman00

What's that...?
Re: *sigh*

MrTangix said:
The UHLE2 team has put in a lot of work into their version. Of course they may seem a little proud, even arrogant, of their project, but thats natural for anything that you put time and effort into. They have bragging rights.

What struck me as funny and senseless was how everyone rushed to worship ShadowPrince and company after their first release. People don't like their version because of its an awesome high-quality version. They like it because a few features were added (at the cost of others) and its available. When UHLE2 is released, (assuming Shadow's version continues at its current progress) chances are people are going to rush to UHLE2 and begin praising the UHLE2 team. If Shadow's version doesn't show any great progress in the future, no matter how many releases they make, the project will always be overshadowed by UHLE2.

Everyone is entitled to support whatever emu he wants, but not at the cost of the community. We're all here to play games, not gain social status or beta testing positions by kissing up to anyone. What we do not want are a bunch of emulators released by different teams that do the same thing, without making any significant leaps and bounds. I assume that is the reason for any hostility directed towards SP.

As for me, I have more respect for the project that is being slowly, but carefully, developed. Whether or not Shadow's version meets that criteria is up to him.

It has nothing to do w/ worshiping ShadowPrince, or anyone for that matter. I agree that they do have the right to be proud about their progress, as i know i would, but what i do not, and repeat absolutely DO NOT agree with is what Dominator said:

Originally posted by Dominator
But it is just funny (senseless?) to see some guys trying to partially add what we've done months ago when we know that their highest expectations do not reach a third of our current available features.

Does it matter if you have already added it? No, they are doing it for their entertainment, just as you are. So what if they are far behind you, and don't have as high expectation as you do. It's unfair to laugh at some one for trying. If they were a lamer who was ripping off code (eg. l@g), it would be a different story, but ShadowPrince's work seems to be genuine. Your words are very discouraging, and really unecessary. I really don't think you meant it this way, as you appear to be a respected member of the scene, but it sounded like that.

Last edited:

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
This is one sad, sad thread

I, for one, am happy to see the continuation of UHLE. It wasn't really a "nice" emulator, but it worked. But I am very disappointed at what I've read here.

I happy to hear the UHLE2 has some awesome features, but why do you have to post that here? Should shadow completely stop his development because you people think that the features he has added are a waste of time because you already have them?

What if he has coded them in a faster way then you have? It could speed up your emulation project, even if he releases the same feature that you have 2 or 3 months down the road.

Also the fact that anyone would take a source not created by themselves and try to edit and advance it is an achievement of its own.

Is anyone stealing source here, yes, you're stealing source from the original authors. BUT are the two teams stealing source from each other, no. Both of you are doing something that isn't creditable, even the SupraHLE wasn't credible. Why you may ask? Because you’re taking someone else’s code and editing it, without their permission.

The authors didn't GIVE you their code, you STOLE it. So in fact neither of you should be flaming each other here, because both your projects are morally wrong.

Buy as I stated above I am happy to see these kind of project progress. Just remember that any project using illegally obtained source isn't a morally justified program, and that everyone has free access to that source, being able to modify the source as they see fit.

That’s all I got.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Everyone ... Keyword #3 : CHILDISH

Come on Guys Malcolm couldnt have said it any better.

There is no need for this my Toy is better then your Toy Crap.

Who ever is doing what, where & when, good luck to you's.

But dont inflict this childish display in public :plain2:

It looks sooo {}:{

Even {}:{'r is that i have felt so ashamed that i had to say something.

UHLE2 team all the best.

ShadowPrince All the best to you.

Anyone else doing anything to this old Emus Stolen Source.
Goodluck to you too.

lets keep some self pride & dignity on the Boards :)

bodie

nice one gent .. i agree with you and malcolm here *edit* and mesman ;) .. and lmfao@KEYWORD 3

Last edited:

mesman00

What's that...?
i was the first one to say something, why doesn't anyone agree w/ me? :plain2:

haha, i agree w/ myself, as well as malcom! :!!!:

MrTangix

To Be Continued...
I wonder what the world record is for holding one's bladder... :blush:

I've gone 8 hours, can anyone beat that?