Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
what's so special about january 28?

It's my birthday but i bet you won't gimme a present
:plain:

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
I should smack you all for not knowing your emulator release date history.

Didn't you learn ANYTHING in school?

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Redah said:
I should smack you all for not knowing your emulator release date history.

Didn't you learn ANYTHING in school?

NO...
tell me wise redah
what happend on this date
(except for it being my birthday)
it would be great to release it as a present for me that day ;)

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
Okay

Well, some dude smoked a bit too much weed with another dude, and all that weed kinda made them think... ya know, what if we rip the BIOS from a N64, read it, and put the HEX code into a Win32 executable?

And, well, some instructions for the N64 CPU seemed to work on x86 CPUs too...

well, actually that happened on january 27th. But the weed kinda screwed them over, and so they went out and did odd stuff like take baths in kitty litter and make broomsticks from fries...

Accidently, they also released this Win32 executable to someone called TheFox, which they thought was l33t, ya know, being all weed-minded... a fox that does emulation... instead of howl and such... ever seen that? Well, neither did they.

Anyhoo, couple hours later, they didn't have anymore weed and they quickly tried to get the Win32 executable back. And the rest is history... they failed miserably, and the whole world knew.

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
Only if I get an award for knowing so much about emulation history :p

OP
D

deekay2

(NL)Falcon4ever said:
what's so special about january 28?

It's my birthday but i bet you won't gimme a present
:plain:

yours is not the only birthday, also a certain emu.
And how would an emu celebrate a new birthday ...?

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
I think I get what's going on now.

UltraHLE was released on January 28th 1999, so this guy is saying January 28th 2003 would be good release date for UltraHLE 2.0...

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
If they happen to be ready on that date, then they should go ahead! :D

If they're not, they should by all means delay. But still make a news post. ;)

If they're ready before that date, maybe they should keep testing internally until the date comes! :p

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
Took you just about 10 posts to figure out what's on that date, with the clues scattered all around you at first, but then thrown in your face ;)

Seriously, I wonder what this world is coming to sometimes :plain:

Dominator

Just to clear up yhings ...

All the improvements announced a few weeks back (if you've been carefully reading our text, this should be obvious), *ARE* already implemented.
Means multi API support, plugins support and so on.

You just don't know everything about what is already implemented, what is currently being implemented, and also what is gonna be implemented.

But it is just funny (senseless?) to see some guys trying to partially add what we've done months ago when we know that their highest expectations do not reach a third of our current available features.

*eot*

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
well your team is like 8 people, you can do it 8 times as fast as anyone else i guess;

theres nothing wrong with that though, the source is there so if they want to do it (even as a hobby) they can, who knows, they might even be able to surpass uhle 2 some day :eek: however unlikely that may seem.

But it is just funny (senseless?) to see some guys trying to partially add what we've done months ago when we know that their highest expectations do not reach a third of our current available features.

Oh I see,

The point in using the source code is that it can then be turned into a race, and the people with the most advanced emulators should be the only ones to work on them, and all other developers (or whatever phrase you wish to use) should just not even bother.

Thanks for putting me straight on this :)

And now would you like to stop developing please because 1964 and PJ64 are more advanced.

I hope you see my point here, as I'm very disappointed in somebody whose work I've always admired before. :(

mesman00

What's that...?
************ said:

Oh I see,

The point in using the source code is that it can then be turned into a race, and the people with the most advanced emulators should be the only ones to work on them, and all other developers (or whatever phrase you wish to use) should just not even bother.

Thanks for putting me straight on this :)

And now would you like to stop developing please because 1964 and PJ64 are more advanced.

I hope you see my point here, as I'm very disappointed in somebody whose work I've always admired before. :(

well put. agreed

MrTangix

To Be Continued...
*sigh*

The UHLE2 team has put in a lot of work into their version. Of course they may seem a little proud, even arrogant, of their project, but thats natural for anything that you put time and effort into. They have bragging rights.

What struck me as funny and senseless was how everyone rushed to worship ShadowPrince and company after their first release. People don't like their version because of its an awesome high-quality version. They like it because a few features were added (at the cost of others) and its available. When UHLE2 is released, (assuming Shadow's version continues at its current progress) chances are people are going to rush to UHLE2 and begin praising the UHLE2 team. If Shadow's version doesn't show any great progress in the future, no matter how many releases they make, the project will always be overshadowed by UHLE2.

Everyone is entitled to support whatever emu he wants, but not at the cost of the community. We're all here to play games, not gain social status or beta testing positions by kissing up to anyone. What we do not want are a bunch of emulators released by different teams that do the same thing, without making any significant leaps and bounds. I assume that is the reason for any hostility directed towards SP.

As for me, I have more respect for the project that is being slowly, but carefully, developed. Whether or not Shadow's version meets that criteria is up to him.