What's new

Jabos D3D 1.5 :)

nv30 will obliterate the 9700 though, the step up we're talking is huge AT LEAST 50% making most geforce4 cards instantly redundant anyways... i upgraded at the wrong time :(

Eddy

I Run This
not really sy, i dont think the performance gap will be that good, nvidia's gonna go with the usual improvements, more vertex shaders, and a smaller micron (.13) i dont think that its gonna be a HUGE improvement, i dont think anymore than 50 percent. Remember, ati is still developing its unified drivers...

KingTom

aka "Passion"
.13 is the smallest for them yet? Intel processors hitthat a year ago
(i did a project on microprocessors)

Eddy

I Run This
well .13 for gfx is more significant in gfx since it hasnt been those there yet. .10 is the new micron for intel, i heard their 'prescott' line of chips are gonna be manufactured in .10

Waan2k

Emutalk Lover :)
hi guys me again, Posting some more lovly screens of what pj 64 is able to do :)

first one is monopoly, It's a really fun game and runs perfect :)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
KingTom said:
.13 is the smallest for them yet? Intel processors hitthat a year ago
(i did a project on microprocessors)

I think anyone that knows a thing about a CPU knows about micron technology.

Waan2k

i have a 32mb geforce 2 gts will i see a big difference if i get a geforce 4??

yep you will indeed, you be able to play at high res like me and put on 4x AA on :)

and all your pc games will run 60 fps :)

ok guys I have more screens for ya, here's snowboard kids :)

Waan2k

ok here's another one, one thing about this star wars one is it flickers in this level making the game unplayable. The first level is fine but after that it a pain to play :p

Waan2k

hmmm I love posting screens hehe, I have one that shows of what the gf 4 can do I'l only post one.

This game is Master Rallye it looks great hey :)

Eddy said:
not really sy, i dont think the performance gap will be that good, nvidia's gonna go with the usual improvements, more vertex shaders, and a smaller micron (.13) i dont think that its gonna be a HUGE improvement, i dont think anymore than 50 percent. Remember, ati is still developing its unified drivers...

you mean these unified drivers ati customers have been waiting for, for about 2 years? if they ever turn up they'll need a helluva lot of work to be as fast as nVidias anyway. Some of the pre-specs for the nv30 look simply astounding, theyre both DX9 cards which means they can pump some amazing numbers, but still, you really think that if nVidia have time to make their card amazing they won't?! I'm guessing their 3dFX guys will have helped out on this one as well as their own amazing technicians. Underestimate it at your peril

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Damn! That Master Rallye shot looks great! especially that water!...but how can a card do something if it isn't implemented in the game ???

Waan2k

Damn! That Master Rallye shot looks great! especially that water!...but how can a card do something if it isn't implemented in the game.

the reason that the game can have nice graphics like that is the develpors implented the features so if someone had a card like my one they would get.

Pixel Shaders: The water :)
Enviroment bump Mapping: The tree and sky reflections on the car :)

and the gf4 pushes more polygons then all cards out atm so the cars look bigger and better :)

hope this answers your question.

hmmm time for a screen hehe

Waan2k

ok screen shot is Flying Dragon, very fun game but has a flciker problem when you make contact with your opponet.

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
jvolel said:
i have a 32mb geforce 2 gts will i see a big difference if i get a geforce 4??

no not much difference on emus at all. i had a geforce 2 gts, and now hav geforce 4 ti4200. u can use higher anti-analaising at higher resolutions. but in truth its not that noticeable on emulators. the only real benefit for me is the tv-out. emus are more cpu dependant than gfx card dependant.

Gelon.com

Que pasa neng!
Shots of GT64, good idea but bad game ( the engine is tooooooooooo slooooooow)
Amiga 500 work faster.
World Driver Championship the best....but unemulated :(

Last edited:

Gelon.com

Que pasa neng!
damit, forums dont work well

GT64%20RC.JPG

http://tupadre.50megs.com/GT64 RC.JPG