What's new

Jabo or Zilmar maybe smiff

Glowstick

Could you posable release the betas that came out befor 1.4
I would like to test them out and see if I have any luck with them... it would also be nice to see what the betas were like and how they differ from the final.. woudl it be ok for ppl to post them if you dont have time to update your site.. i bet a few others would like to see them as well....

am I righ guys?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
there is one build with something I'd like to see released (dont think the beta testers have it... I've been meaning to sort out what files I have, though that's only for my personal use heh), just because it was something cool that the public never got to see, its not important, I won't say what because that might cause trouble, however this is totally up to Jabo and I'd be upset beta builds were leaked (breach of trust basically). You can rest easy that what you have in 1.4 is better overall than any other version released or no, honestly, it's just a very few points in a very few games... I can't get specific without causing trouble.. yeah u get the idea.

*offers smiff a cohernece pill*

translation: some betas had some cool features, smiff wouldnt mind seeing them released. the beatas weren't as good as the final pj64 but still cool. :cool:

bodie

wow! smiff is BACK .. i thought you had gone hitch hiking on the moon or something .. glad to seeya back .. you had us all worried there for a while
bodie

zilmar

Emulator Developer
people who contributed to pj64 with time or money got it. It is something special for them as way of thanks .. granted it did mean more at the time .. but I think it is best to leave it that way.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
zilmar said:
people who contributed to pj64 with time or money got it. It is something special for them as way of thanks .. granted it did mean more at the time .. but I think it is best to leave it that way.

aawwwww....guess we'll just hav to wait to pj64 1.5 ;)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
zilmar said:

well, since we cant hav it, can u tell us what it was?

OP
Glowstick

Glowstick

You mean they got the goods... Sounds like those of use who stood by and waited got screwed.... i guess thats why I dont see to many beta testers on this forum any more.... Could it be that there private build dosn't crash... lol
I guess I should of donated.....

Jimbob

i think most people on the board have realised something you havent: that PJ64 is a damn good product, especially for a free product.

stop complaining, these people put a lot of time and effort into it, do you really think they would have released 1.4 as it is if the betas were better than it?

and why would there be beta testers on the board now that the full version has been released??

OP
Glowstick

Glowstick

I am truely sorry, I stated that I thought PJ64 1.4 was good.
I'm just disapointed that 1.3 runs more games with out crashing.. :( and I belive for a finally version, they should all be working.(the games that use to) I would just like to have some betas to test out. So I could find out when the games were broken, and posable build a front end that would play these broken games with a beta build. If thats what it took to make a certain game work that would be cool.. For instance pokemon stadium. or multiplayer in diddy kong racing... PJ64 always stops emulationg or crashes on these games at certain spots. Maybe the beta testers have working beata for these games..

But now I know that the builds have some speacial feature that the public version doesnt have it makes me want to buy it.. Could be nothing special any ways... :( or could it be perfect dark works... Who knows I fell like an idiot not using pay pal.. Its almost like they were selling there emulator to the donators....
Is that ilegal......

Come on Please Give the public one last treat....
please give us some good suport and update the RDB with what games really do work with out hang ups.. I found that this RDB says alot of games are playable but are truely not.. No offence Smiff.

Could just be my system though. Can anybody confirm that every game in the RDB that says compatible works??? I thinks we should all get a list going to find out what games are close to perfect and update the RDB.. What do you think Smiff, that way we could have more help to what problems we are all having.
Would could have a comment that says "should work fine" that way we would know if the game is playable.

My spec's

98se
Geforce 3 64meg ddr
Sound blaster live value
1 gig P3
60 gig HD
Adaptoid.

The games that I am curently unable to get working properly are DKR (multiplayer, frezes entire computerwhen trying to select stage)
Pokemon 1,2 (game selection screen freezing)
Mario Party 1,2,3 (crashing in most mini games)

I couldn't find anything in this message board about simular problems so im not sure if they exist.....
Smif can you help?
Or anybody else?

Is any one else having these problems?

Last edited:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
PD is fully supported in pj64 1.4. the gfx plugin just werent able to do the lens effects.

for most of my games, most of them say that they work, and they do. u might think this is a biased opinion (due to my name), but i feel that pj64 1.4 is better(faster, more compatible, more tweakable;)) then 1.3.

if there are any problems with any games, try tweaking with ur settings. dont u remember when DK64's camera seemed to be unfixable, then someone found a way(copy frame buffer) around it.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Allnatural said:

That's "emulate clear" buddy.:lookaway: :p

ya, oops:blush:

its set frame buffer emulation to emulate clear!

but my point remains, stop complaining and start tweaking:)

bodie

it would be better if you stated specific games that you can't get working(not obvious ones such as banjo tooie) that it states to be playable in the RDB ..
some obvious ones like hydro thunder i can get to work if and only if i use zilmars audio plugin albeit with no sound ...a bit of playing around gets you a long way ..same applies to girls
regards bodie

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Speaking of this, I can't really get Dk64 to work in pj, although they say they found a way to make it playable. I think it was to enable large buffer, but it still didn't work. Well, for what I know, I don't have much games that doesn't work with any emulator. It's just yoshi's story.