What's new

It's over...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Eagle said:
What I was talking about was the dangers of a one party system in the United States and you start complaining about the Democrats being at fault if it happens and I find that offensive.

Actually he has quite a point with that. If you think about it, the democrats made an attempt to tell everybody how bad they think Bush was, so they raised this huge hate campaign, yet they had nothing better to offer. What they didn't realize is that they antagonized larger amounts people who otherwise don't vote.

People like Michael Moore, Bruce Springstine, Al Franken, and every Tom Dick and Harry that ever believed in the "anybody but Bush" idea are what cost Kerry the election. They are anti-american for the most part, and most people clearly saw that, so they vote for the party that looks more pro American. Larger voter turnouts almost always favor republicans, and most people aren't even aware of who is running for the house or senate, so they just vote for their favorite party when they select those.

Moral of the story is like I have always said; never vote against somebody, only vote for somebody.

The anti-Bush crowd handed the GOP an even bigger victory than it could have ever hoped for.

Last edited:

Flash

Technomage
DuDe said:
Yeah, if you're living in the fucking Matrix. Wake up weirdos, there's no Big Brother, and there's no grand conspiracy.
You knocked at the wrong door. I don't believe in conspiracy theories and all that Illuminati/shadow governments stuff. But globalization with all it's bad and good sides is a real thing. And corporations influence decisions of the governments quite openly. All that software patents crap for example.

You have no one to blame for your incompetency but yourself.
Blah-blah. Can you fly a jet fighter ? Can you resolder BGA chip without special equipment ? I can. I can't brew a beer :D But it's remotely connected with politics

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
willljjj said:
All of these comments are pointless, wrong, and spoken more out of emotionality rather than logic (except for Alphawolf's which took a specific incident and blew it up to be a network policy).

That is one of many incidents, albeit the biggest one. The only network that has ever favored Bush is Fox news. If you don't know that by now then you've been living under a tinfoil hat for way too long.

Last edited:
OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

/me hands vamp a tall glass...

It's over man, the Matrix has us. There's only one choice... *slurp*

;)

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Oh whatever...enough politics. My man won, the doofus lost...it's time to get back to what's really important...programming!

You all do realize it's not the multinational corporations you have to worry about it...no sir, it's the programmers...they're the ones taking over the world!

aprentice

i think we should invade india and fight the war on outsourcing.
the indians can't put out half decent code :p

Eagle

aka Alshain
aprentice said:
i think we should invade india and fight the war on outsourcing.
the indians can't put out half decent code :p

I'll get started on a program to destroy all of india's high tech computers............ah DAMN!

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Flash said:
Blah-blah. Can you fly a jet fighter ? Can you resolder BGA chip without special equipment ? I can. I can't brew a beer :D But it's remotely connected with politics
Ah, but my E-Penis is that |--------------------------------------------------------------------| big!

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Eagle said:
I'll get started on a program to destroy all of india's high tech computers............ah DAMN!
You mean their 486's? ;) shouldn't be too hard...

willljjj

Banned
ScottJC said:
You mean their 486's? ;) shouldn't be too hard...

Yeah, Win95 is REALLY easy to crash. Jesus, I didn't want to start a lame flame war with anyone.
:whistling

I was just pointing out the obvious: Our "democratic" system has been overturned completely by Mass multimedia corporations. One of the mediums is clothes, one is food (look at all the coke mcdonald's commercials!!), one is cars, one is TV, one is a magazine, one is the movies, and one is the packaging on every single one of those items. The forefathers never envisioned a way to counter this and allow for checks and balances and ensure our future liberties, and hence we've started losing them, and don't mind, because LOOK THE BACHELOR'S ON........

My canary in this cavern is hardly related in any way to mass suicide or conspiracy theories. WALK DOWN THE FUCKING STREET and you'll see it right in your face. Look around your room, at the viewsonic monitor, logitech speakers, sharp TV, microsoft mouse, apple ipod, linksys antenna, nike shoes, old spice deoderant motorola cell phone levis jeans van de camps fucking pork and beans. The constitution is not holding up under stress from the new mass production society, and it's media monster. The valuable things that our forefathers (who were quite brilliant) attempted to attain for their children's heritage (life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness), are all falling under the jack boot of starbucks, wal-mart, and cingular. It's not in the papers it's in the halls, it's in your room, and it's on your body. They won and we never even knew we were fighting.

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Say whatever you want, but don't bash Cingular...I couldn't have talked to my girlfriend on the phone for nearly 1500 minutes and sent and received over 100 text messages to her last month without it (am I obsessed? just a little). At least for me, Cingular is actually helping in the "pursuit of happiness" area...

Anyway, I'm done in this thread. I'll leave with some words of wisdom:
Always remember that too much self love makes you jealous of those who envy you.

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Well, now is as good of time as any to find a place outside the US to live...

I wish for once folk like you would use actions instead of words, I've heard it time and time again that people are going to leave the country and guess what? They never do.

By the way nobody can outdo me because I'm a space marine who shoots evil monsters and I have my own traveling orchestra to play dramatically inspiring music while I wade through rivers of monster blood.

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

vampireuk said:
By the way nobody can outdo me because I'm a space marine who shoots evil monsters and I have my own traveling orchestra to play dramatically inspiring music while I wade through rivers of monster blood.
unilateralist warmonger... ;)

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
willljjj said:
My canary in this cavern is hardly related in any way to mass suicide or conspiracy theories. WALK DOWN THE FUCKING STREET and you'll see it right in your face. Look around your room, at the viewsonic monitor, logitech speakers, sharp TV, microsoft mouse, apple ipod, linksys antenna, nike shoes, old spice deoderant motorola cell phone levis jeans van de camps fucking pork and beans.

Right, and what is wrong with that?

If you really don't like it, then why don't you just strip the brand names off of all of your stuff and write your own name on it if it makes you happy? Or better yet, why don't you build your own TV's and ipods instead of buying them from the evil corporations?

Last edited:

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
My canary in this cavern is hardly related in any way to mass suicide or conspiracy theories. WALK DOWN THE FUCKING STREET and you'll see it right in your face. Look around your room, at the viewsonic monitor, logitech speakers, sharp TV, microsoft mouse, apple ipod, linksys antenna, nike shoes, old spice deoderant motorola cell phone levis jeans van de camps fucking pork and beans.

He says while sat on a computer....

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

Perhaps if every product we used were wittled from a piece of wood by two Amish guys in Ohio. Then willljjj would be happy. ;)

Wait, could two Amish guys be considered an evil corporation?

Status
Not open for further replies.