What's new

It's over...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle

aka Alshain
The downside to this is what people don't seem to realize. The nation is divided, more so than ever now. The Republican party now has the majority in the legislative and executive branches, and will soon have it in the judicial branch. The Republicans are free to pass any law they wish. Why is that bad, well nobody should want this, I wouldnt want any one party to hold the majority in all 3 branches, not Republicans, not Democrats. There are no checks and balances anymore, this could threaten the existance of our constitution and while it may seem unlikely, it is very possible it could lead to civil war. That scares me.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
The only way this could turn into a civil war is if the democrats repeat what they did during the first civil war. It's a bit unlikely with todays democrats.

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

Eagle said:
The downside to this is what people don't seem to realize. The nation is divided, more so than ever now. The Republican party now has the majority in the legislative and executive branches, and will soon have it in the judicial branch. The Republicans are free to pass any law they wish. Why is that bad, well nobody should want this, I wouldnt want any one party to hold the majority in all 3 branches, not Republicans, not Democrats. There are no checks and balances anymore, this could threaten the existance of our constitution and while it may seem unlikely, it is very possible it could lead to civil war. That scares me.
wtf...civil war? That's quite a stretch there. The lead in the Senate isn't wide enough to easily break a filibuster, so there's your check right there.

Besides, it's only two years before the entire House a third of the Senate go up for reelection.

Last edited:

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Eagle you have a pm I suggest you read it.

Also the only reason there would be a civil war is because the dems hate free elections if their guy doesn't win ;)

willljjj

Banned
Orkin said:
First of all, the U.S. is not a democracy, it's a REPUBLIC.

Second, well...you're right, we don't have a free press, they're controlled by the leftists...

Third, umm...give me an example of the free speech one...oh wait, you don't have one, you just made it up...

Fourth, uh...what do you constitute as a "real election"? Oh, let me guess...when a lying idiot like Kerry wins...right? A man that says he's against outsourcing, yet most of his income comes from his wife's company, Heinz - a company with 90% of it's factories outside the U.S. A man that says he's against tax cuts for the rich, yet only pays 12% taxes, while everyone else in is tax bracket pays 30%+. A man that says that Bush's tax cuts do nothing for the economy, but make the rich richer, when he knows that allowing business owners to keep more of their money is good for both the economy, and the middle-class. A man that says we need a "fresh start" in Iraq, yet only suggests what the current administration has already been doing for months. A man that says Arafat is a role model that we should look up to. A man that says a 5.1% unemployment rate is "inexcusable" when his own party used a 5.4% unemployment rate as a sign of a strong economy in 1996. A man that can somehow vote for something before he votes against it. A man with zero integrity, that will change his position whenever he believes it will benefit him politically...

Yeah, I can honestly say I'm happy we won't have that man as a president...

I'm gonna have to slam you here, sorry. Kerry is a douche. I didn't want Kerry. I voted for David Cobb. Find me a leftist news source (besides maybe indymedia.org), and I'll be in shock. CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, TIME/WARNER, FOX, MSN, and others are all major corporations that have effectively paid Bush to ensure that they give very little back to the country that makes their buisness model possible, and sit more in the conservative side on every major issue. Their primary function at this point is to dumb down the populace with stories about J-LO and Brittney's boyfriends rather than to serve any actual news. The Daily Show (which is a comedy show) offers up a higher standard of journalism than any of the "news" shows that currently air like: Bill O'Reilly, crossfire, rush limbaugh, 60 minutes, headline news, and all the regular evening news shows on cbs/abc/nbc/upn/etc. Actually, The Daily Show is probably the only place to get ANY real news, left, right or otherwise, and it comes on right after a show where puppets crank call people. So yeah, the media is fucked, but not in a leftist way. Their corporate right offs smell a little laisse faire to be anything but a neauvo reaganomics, although I have no idea how to spell half of those words.

Here's a glaring example of how the constitution (not just free speech) is infringed, compromised, no longer a legal issue for fascists in this country to worry about: Right to assemble and right to free speech are often lumped under the crime "inciting a riot". Describe the right to assemble and the right to speak freely in any other terms, it'll still carry hefty fines and or jail time. Here's another example:
FUCK
What I just did is indecent, immoral, and illegal. Technically I could go to court for it, though it's not likely to happen because 90% of the population is doing it, so FUCK again.

"A man that says that Bush's tax cuts do nothing for the economy, but make the rich richer, when he knows that allowing business owners to keep more of their money is good for both the economy, and the middle-class." This idea ties back to "Laisse Faire" which is why the French Revolution happened, possibly the bloodiest peasant uprising in history. Need more examples of how that ideology has failed EVERY time it has been tried? Here ya go:
Pre-civil war economics: Laisse Faire
Pre-WWI economics: Laisse Faire
Post WWI German economy (and the subsequent rise of Hitler): Laisse Faire
The Great depression: The planet starved (millions literally) while a few key figures increased their net worth beyond recognition.
All of these things lead to:
WWII, where half the planet was trying to kill the other half so that people could afford bread.
The Reagan era: Laisse Faire (preceded the biggest stock market crash in history other than the start of the great depression, during Bush Sr.'s term when baby jessica was in the well.
The current dictatorship that came to power under a false election in the year 2000: The economy has lost more jobs than in all of american HISTORY, the deficit is completely out of control, our trade deficit is too, and all of our children will be paying for this indefinitely.

Simply stated: Laisse Faire doesn't work, never has, and is a very bad economic idea put forth by a few wealthy individuals who can use it to gain even more money and power, and live on parts of the planet generally uneffected by the ravages of war. Dress it any way you want, read some history, it's a STUPID IDEA. People starving on any part of the economic spectrum is NEVER good for the economy, that is until war finally breaks out, which is VERY good for the economy, but is that price really worth a few extra bucks in the Rockefeller/Blue blood accounts? Not in my mind.

The rest of your paragraph slams Kerry, who was in the same fraternity as Bush, and by and large is just as much of a douche bag as Bush is, except of course that he is not retarded and can form and finish complete sentences, something that eludes our current Daddy's boy. I think it's hillarious that the democrats would try to push somebody as unelectable as Kerry. What real MAN would vote for a guy who's had cosmetic surgery (barring a guy who maybe had half his face burned off or something)? Kerry is a douche though, I agree with the rest of your paragraph. The two party system is completely broken, this is NOT a democracy, and hence it's ridiculously hypocritical for bush to look in the camera and say "They hate freedom." When clearly he has NO interest in it himself (Patriot act and police state anyone?).

The only real solution is (maybe) IRV which will never happen because the same corporations that control BOTH major parties and all the news media will never LET it happen, they have way too much to loose.

PLEASE PLEASE, if you're going to at all address me in a political debate at least read what I've already written. Furthermore, you'd do well to study a little HISTORY, as all of this is a repeat of what's happened in other countries before, and to disastrous effect.

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
So half of your "slam" was bitching about the media, seems more like random directionless bitching than a slam to me.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
willljjj said:
I'm gonna have to slam you here, sorry. Kerry is a douche. I didn't want Kerry. I voted for David Cobb. Find me a leftist news source (besides maybe indymedia.org), and I'll be in shock. CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, TIME/WARNER, FOX, MSN, and others are all major corporations that have effectively paid Bush to ensure that they give very little back to the country that makes their buisness model possible, and sit more in the conservative side on every major issue. Their primary function at this point is to dumb down the populace with stories about J-LO and Brittney's boyfriends rather than to serve any actual news. The Daily Show (which is a comedy show) offers up a higher standard of journalism than any of the "news" shows that currently air like: Bill O'Reilly, crossfire, rush limbaugh, 60 minutes, headline news, and all the regular evening news shows on cbs/abc/nbc/upn/etc. Actually, The Daily Show is probably the only place to get ANY real news, left, right or otherwise, and it comes on right after a show where puppets crank call people. So yeah, the media is fucked, but not in a leftist way. Their corporate right offs smell a little laisse faire to be anything but a neauvo reaganomics, although I have no idea how to spell half of those words.

Here's a glaring example of how the constitution (not just free speech) is infringed, compromised, no longer a legal issue for fascists in this country to worry about: Right to assemble and right to free speech are often lumped under the crime "inciting a riot". Describe the right to assemble and the right to speak freely in any other terms, it'll still carry hefty fines and or jail time. Here's another example:
FUCK
What I just did is indecent, immoral, and illegal. Technically I could go to court for it, though it's not likely to happen because 90% of the population is doing it, so FUCK again.

"A man that says that Bush's tax cuts do nothing for the economy, but make the rich richer, when he knows that allowing business owners to keep more of their money is good for both the economy, and the middle-class." This idea ties back to "Laisse Faire" which is why the French Revolution happened, possibly the bloodiest peasant uprising in history. Need more examples of how that ideology has failed EVERY time it has been tried? Here ya go:
Pre-civil war economics: Laisse Faire
Pre-WWI economics: Laisse Faire
Post WWI German economy (and the subsequent rise of Hitler): Laisse Faire
The Great depression: The planet starved (millions literally) while a few key figures increased their net worth beyond recognition.
All of these things lead to:
WWII, where half the planet was trying to kill the other half so that people could afford bread.
The Reagan era: Laisse Faire (preceded the biggest stock market crash in history other than the start of the great depression, during Bush Sr.'s term when baby jessica was in the well.
The current dictatorship that came to power under a false election in the year 2000: The economy has lost more jobs than in all of american HISTORY, the deficit is completely out of control, our trade deficit is too, and all of our children will be paying for this indefinitely.

Simply stated: Laisse Faire doesn't work, never has, and is a very bad economic idea put forth by a few wealthy individuals who can use it to gain even more money and power, and live on parts of the planet generally uneffected by the ravages of war. Dress it any way you want, read some history, it's a STUPID IDEA. People starving on any part of the economic spectrum is NEVER good for the economy, that is until war finally breaks out, which is VERY good for the economy, but is that price really worth a few extra bucks in the Rockefeller/Blue blood accounts? Not in my mind.

The rest of your paragraph slams Kerry, who was in the same fraternity as Bush, and by and large is just as much of a douche bag as Bush is, except of course that he is not retarded and can form and finish complete sentences, something that eludes our current Daddy's boy. I think it's hillarious that the democrats would try to push somebody as unelectable as Kerry. What real MAN would vote for a guy who's had cosmetic surgery (barring a guy who maybe had half his face burned off or something)? Kerry is a douche though, I agree with the rest of your paragraph. The two party system is completely broken, this is NOT a democracy, and hence it's ridiculously hypocritical for bush to look in the camera and say "They hate freedom." When clearly he has NO interest in it himself (Patriot act and police state anyone?).

The only real solution is (maybe) IRV which will never happen because the same corporations that control BOTH major parties and all the news media will never LET it happen, they have way too much to loose.

PLEASE PLEASE, if you're going to at all address me in a political debate at least read what I've already written. Furthermore, you'd do well to study a little HISTORY, as all of this is a repeat of what's happened in other countries before, and to disastrous effect.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
The one with the most power, money and relationships won...
That's it, we can't do anything against it & and nothing for it too.
Only Osama and his family has done it, but who cares?
Hope Fahrenheit 9/11 Part 2 is coming to cinemas in the next time.
Today I will look Alien Vs. Predator... I only replace all Aliens with Bush and all Predators with Kerry and then should it be fun to look at this movie! :p

2fast4u

i gotta hand it to dude, hes giving the most qualified comments ive ever seen in a thread like this.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Allnatural said:
wtf...civil war? That's quite a stretch there. The lead in the Senate isn't wide enough to easily break a filibuster, so there's your check right there.

Besides, it's only two years before the entire House and two-thirds of the Senate go up for reelection.

Thats an awfull small check. Filibusters are long and drawn out and it takes a lot out of people. I can't imagine every bad idea that comes down the line getting a filibuster. Two years is a long time, by that time we could be in an unrecoverable spiral downward. It's not a stretch, I'm not saying it would happen overnight or anything, but some of the greatest nations in the world have ended in civil war and it could happen here.

Eagle

aka Alshain
vampireuk said:
Also the only reason there would be a civil war is because the dems hate free elections if their guy doesn't win ;)

Vamp, you know nothing right? You don't even live in a democratic nation so how can you say that? I don't claim to say how your parlimentary government should be run so why the hell do you think that its all a game between parties. It has nothing to do with democrats and republicans. It has nothing to do with the elections. It has everything to do with law. Laws are passed every day in the US, and there are plenty of stupid ones that are rejected that either the democrats OR the republicans come up with. Without checks and balances there is nothing to stop that. If the democrats held absolute majority, there would be nothing to stop them from passing their laws, regardless of how dumb they are, and with the republicans its the same way. We need to parties for our system to be effective. Vamp I spent most my life in school studying how my government works, I'm sure you did the same for your government. If you want to debate our government I suggest you read up a little on the subject.

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
I know a lot more about the American government than you would like to think, I research before I post my claims Eagle. So you are flat out wrong in saying I know nothing because I quite clearly do. Perhaps I know nothing because my views are not shared with yourself? It's quite a easy way to shrug off anything by saying they know nothing :p

So you should realise that not only American's take a interest in America ;)

Vamp, you know nothing right?

Translation = I'm too ignorant to debate like a adult so I'll talk about how anybody who disagrees with me knows nothing :happy:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
willljjj said:
Find me a leftist news source (besides maybe indymedia.org), and I'll be in shock.

..CBS...

Uh right...CBS, the infamous news source that lost its credibility hard in a scandal when it spread a false report about Bush's service record in an attempt to derail his campaign and push a liberal agenda? Yeah, they sure favor Bush don't they...

You could use a reality check.

Eagle

aka Alshain
vampireuk said:
I know a lot more about the American government than you would like to think, I research before I post my claims Eagle. So you are flat out wrong in saying I know nothing because I quite clearly do. Perhaps I know nothing because my views are not shared with yourself? It's quite a easy way to shrug off anything by saying they know nothing :p

If you research your claims then why is it that you so grotesquely believe that everything in the US is about Democrats versus Republicans and the rivalry between them. Again, what does this have to do with our views? What I was talking about was the dangers of a one party system in the United States and you start complaining about the Democrats being at fault if it happens and I find that offensive. That's like me blaming the british for every bad thing that happens, which is completely groundless.

Last edited:

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
If you research your claims then why is it that you so grotesquely believe that everything in the US is about Democrats versus Republicans and the rivalry between them

I have a sense of humour Eagle that I like to use now and again. Funnily enough you are the first American who has told me I know nothing, which tells me that you simply don't like what I have to say ;)

Also if you find something offensive on the internet I suggest this handy link

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

Eagle said:
Thats an awfull small check. Filibusters are long and drawn out and it takes a lot out of people. I can't imagine every bad idea that comes down the line getting a filibuster. Two years is a long time, by that time we could be in an unrecoverable spiral downward. It's not a stretch, I'm not saying it would happen overnight or anything, but some of the greatest nations in the world have ended in civil war and it could happen here.
Republicans have controlled both houses for the last four years, not counting that brief period after Jim Jeffords jumped ship. I haven't seen any shots fired in your civil war yet. Plus, you're going on the assumption that the Republicans vote in a block, which is simply not the case. There are some left-leaning Republicans that often gum up the works (Arlen Specter comes to mind).

Ugh, I can't believe I'm arguing at all. The notion that American's would go to war with one another over this is ludicrous to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.