What's new

Is Roboreptile any good?

A.I.

Banned
Thinking about buying the new Roboreptile. Juz wondering if anyone has got one and if it is alot better than the previous model, Roboraptor, which looks kinda wonky on juz two legs.

Apparently Roboreptile is x3 as faster and x3 as smarter as Roboraptor but i want to know if there are any cons as well, like short battery life, dodgy AI and all round durability. I've been victim of false advertising before (First generation Furbys anyone?) and I dont want to fork out for something that will end up sitting in my garage 6 months later.

Also wondering how pets, especially cats, react to Roboreptile. I got a 7 month year old kitten who lives in the house and I dont wanna scare her shitless. Then again Roboreptile would be kinda useful in 'guard mode' (I'm assuming its got that function like Robopet) in distracting my cat from chewing on my wires - fibre optical cables aint cheap to replace!

Robosapien V2 also looks cool but at double the price of Roboreptile i doubt i'll open my wallet anytime soon.

Alan!

too cynical to speak
I am ashamed of you people. Roboreptile is obviously the newest robot toy that is only availible in Japan. STRAIGHT FROM POWER RANGERS! Such fools...

OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
O.K. Let me enlighten all you non robotic people. Roboreptile is the latest toy from Wowee. The entire Wowee range are: Roboraptor, Roboreptile, Robosapien, Robosapien V2 and Robopet.

These 'robos' have 'AI': infra red and sonic sensors that detects obstacles, movement and sound which allows them to 'free roam', can be programble and remote controlled. They are essentially toys but with advanced robotics which gives them greater mobility and faster movement than your basic action figure.

Roboreptile is a robotic dinosaur which has a 'fiery personality'. To 'tame it' you need to hood it (Really, I'm not making this up!) or else it will remain in 'beserk mode' and be utterly uncontrollable. You also need to feed it via the remote control to satisfy its indomitable hunger. Grrrrrr!

Wowee recommends that Roboreptile is unsuitable for kids under 8 - guess that counts me out! It comes in white or forrest green and takes (No shit!) 10 AA batteries (Preferably heavy duty rechargables) which (If reports are correct) last only 45mins-1hr of full use.

Oh yeah, Mini-Roboreptile is also available.

Last edited:
OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
LOL! Actually its closest relative is the frill-necked lizard. I read an article about the guy who created them, robotics whiz Mark Tilden who based its movement on them.

Incidently, Australia was also one of the first countries to get Roboreptile so maybe thats why you havent heard of it, though Roboraptor and Co have been out for awhile. Im surprised you havent heard of them.

WhiteX

Im surprised you havent heard of them.

The closest thing i got from a robot is the robot dance i do when i´m drunk on parties!

Seriously, i doubt anyone here can help you on your Megazord purchase.

OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
Thats OK. I've read mixed reviews on Roboreptile but generally people say theyre alot of fun, though whether the price is justified is another story. Interestingly they can be modded, and re-programed to do all nefarious things. One guy put Robosapien on tank treads and stuck a flame thrower on it! Now thats what i call 'not recommended for children under 8'!

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
A toy is still a toy no matter how improved it is, aren't you a little old for toys :D - but if you want it, get it. This thread is not recommended for anyone above the age of 8.

WhiteX

We´re never old for toys, i am collecting every little piece of megaman toys i can get my dirty hands on.

OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
ScottJC said:
A toy is still a toy no matter how improved it is, aren't you a little old for toys :D - but if you want it, get it. This thread is not recommended for anyone above the age of 8.

Dude, juz outta curiosity how old do u think i am?

OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
WhiteX said:
Over 10, under 20.

He he he.:teehee: LOLX100!!! That is the funniest thing ive heard all week! :happy:

Im 34 man! Though you are close. My misses reckons my mental age is close to 13!

Now that i let the cat outta the bag i guess i better fill in my birth details!

BlueFalcon7

For some reason, I dont beleive most of you who say how old you are, I mean, maybe Im one of the youngest at 16, but some of you... I would have never guessed that your as old as you say you are. Especially those of you who dont act your age. Im not talking about just you Blind one, but alot of you.

OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
BlueFalcon7 said:
For some reason, I dont beleive most of you who say how old you are, I mean, maybe Im one of the youngest at 16, but some of you... I would have never guessed that your as old as you say you are. Especially those of you who dont act your age. Im not talking about just you Blind one, but alot of you.

Well, you know what they say: you're only as young as the game system you feel... Ahem! But really i dont feel that old - unless i look in the mirror without squinting and count all the grey hairs i accumlated playn PONG. Those were the days Sonny when we didn't rely on fancy, smancy graphics and surround sound and used the REAL potential of our imaginations and... what am i talkn about? Pong sucks! ;)

Last edited:
OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
With all this amusing talk going on not one person has actually posted to say they got a robo thingy or know someone whose got one. Even if they pretended they had one would be better than sayn they dont exist - they do exist! Ive seen the commercials, ive seen them in their packaging at Kmart, ive even got a mini-roboraptor myself! Damnit, type Roboreptile on Google and you will see what im talkn about! Anyone who likes dinosaurs or Jurassic Park or Sam Neil (He's an old fossil himself) will want one! They look wicked!

And BTW age has nothn to do with toys! Some people say video games is for kids. Are they right?

Last edited: