What's new

is n64 emulation still in??

bodie

where do we draw the line when n64 emulation is good enough,
i personally think we are nearly there ,especially where pj64 is concerned ..for the others i can see the personal goals benefit to it .. psx emulation is pretty good now but not perfect ,and quite a few teams are moving on to other projects now ,so maybe that can be seen to be 'good enough' ..again where do we draw the line .Having been around at the time of the ultrahle release and seeing the standard we are now at i am left wondering 'what's left' to do .. BTW i am not anti n64 or scene because i love it (o.k maybe not love but i might give it butterfly kisses on the belly :p )
just my thoughts
regards bodie
p.s audioaxes...you seem to be obsessed with homosexuality ,now i am not homophobic and would gladly listen if you have something you want to get off your chest :)

OP
A

audioaxes

my brother said that he posted something not so nice under my account

-he's just acting like a punk -in real-life he is a pushover wimp

i tried but my pc keeps automatically restoring my password even when deleting all my internet files/cookies/history

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
heck with games like conker bad fur day me and my cuz's still play n64 manily because of multiplyer not to many (if any) games is greater then cbfd (and others) ..... if that made sense to you then give your self a pat on the back and a cookie

Stezo2k

S-2K
bodie said:
psx emulation is pretty good now but not perfect

well i'd consider epsxe perfect, every psx game ive tried on it works flawlessly with petes openGL graphics, its awesome :)
And the compatability is very high :D

Stez

jollyrancher

I would say that N64 and PSX emulation are about 90% done and for some reason about most of that 10% is messed up sports games... I thought I could get Madden 99 and NBA Live 2000 to run better under epsxe because they're so choppy on the real PSX. Madden 99 has messed up gfx and NBA Live has terrible or absent in-game announcer speech. And on pj64 some racing/sports games are still messed up. All Star Baseball, the best N64 baseball game, has no text and is unplayable, the Maddens and QB Clubs have messed up gfx, ISS soccer has these weird shadows, Mario Tennis/Golf still have issues, and Cruisin' USA and Vigilante 8 run way too slow even on the fastest computers. If these are ever fixed I would think that the emulation is practically "perfect."

bodie

actually there is a lot that doesn't work on epsxe ..crash team racing and res evil directors cut to name two but there are lots more ..agreed about petes graphics but again far from perfect ..
a great emulator though but i have yet to see one thats perfection and i never will .. that's fact!

Last edited:

Stezo2k

S-2K
bodie said:
actually there is a lot that doesn't work on epsxe ..crash team racing and res evil directors cut to name two but there are lots more ..agreed about petes graphics but again far from perfect ..
a great emulator though but i have yet to see one thats perfection and i never will .. that's fact!

both them games work fine for me in epsxe, crash racing didnt used to work, but it works fine now in the latest version and latest petes plugin

Stez

bodie

not being funny but they actually don't .. don't you read the epsxe forum .. you should it's a good read ..res evil directors cut worked in a previous version but not the latest ..if you go to the forum and read "games that don't work in latest" <<< simple enough ...it shows that the emulator is not perfect and to say that it 'is perfect' shows you know nothing much about the imperfections of emulation ..it plays loads of games yes and makes them look sweet which is great (and yes i do like the emulator ) but it's not fucking perfect .. do you have a dictionary?

ra5555

N64 Newbie
audioaxes said:
-beyond playing multiplayer modes, n64 emulation got stale for me pretty quick - is interest in n64 emulation dying?

NOt that I know of, just look at the popularity of this forum :D

and
G
A
M
E
C
U
B
E
E
V
E
R
:cool: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64::nemu: :n64: :1964: :daedalus: :apollo: :tr64: :emutalk:

M

mann

i think n64 is dead..i always thought a good pc would make it all fun, but its not really, i guess when you have a below spec pc you want to reach higher fps so badly you forget totally about the game, well thats what happend to me and i dont even play anymore...i sit and talk with people from school and occasionaly watch some movie (of unspeakable content ;) ) sometimes i find my self playing zelda 64 and wondering why the hell i spent so many hours trying to beat that game...but....yeah..lol g2g school tomorrow

Stezo2k

S-2K
bodie said:
not being funny but they actually don't .. don't you read the epsxe forum .. you should it's a good read ..res evil directors cut worked in a previous version but not the latest ..if you go to the forum and read "games that don't work in latest" <<< simple enough ...it shows that the emulator is not perfect and to say that it 'is perfect' shows you know nothing much about the imperfections of emulation ..it plays loads of games yes and makes them look sweet which is great (and yes i do like the emulator ) but it's not fucking perfect .. do you have a dictionary?

when i get back home ill show ya sum pix ;)

Stez

bodie

still doesn't make it perfect ...i have both pal games and they don't work it's also been stated in the epsxe forum that they don't work in the current build ....but you said the emulator is perfect?define perfect? ..no glitches and every game working .. go and look at the forum in games not working in current release and then tell me the emu is still perfect ..like i said previously i use epsxe as my playstation emu of choice but you can reel a list off .. i:e vandal hearts 2,mission impossible,gran turismo simulation disk ..there are loads but if you say it's perfect then go and tell the authors that and they don't need to release another version because this one has not got a thing wrong with it ..
again define perfect

iq_132

Banned
Amen brother!!!!
People shouldn't say things like "it's perfect;" nothing in this world is perfect.

Stezo2k

S-2K
bodie said:
still doesn't make it perfect ...i have both pal games and they don't work it's also been stated in the epsxe forum that they don't work in the current build ....but you said the emulator is perfect?define perfect? ..no glitches and every game working .. go and look at the forum in games not working in current release and then tell me the emu is still perfect ..like i said previously i use epsxe as my playstation emu of choice but you can reel a list off .. i:e vandal hearts 2,mission impossible,gran turismo simulation disk ..there are loads but if you say it's perfect then go and tell the authors that and they don't need to release another version because this one has not got a thing wrong with it ..
again define perfect

i didnt say it was perfect i said it was perfect enough for me, and nothings perfect is true

Stez