What's new

Is Martin still around?

Xtreme2damax

I am interested to know if Martin is still around, I know it should be a given that the site is still up and the bills are paid but even that is not much of an indicator when it can be assumed the bills are paid via ad revenue and most hosts have an auto pay feature where the money is taken out automatically.

I never have seen Martin online or post anything on the forum the whole time I've been a member here, there is nothing in his profile to give a hint as to when he was last online.

The site seems to have suffered from sporadic issues, such as severe spam issues in the past and downtime. From what I remember the spam issue was somewhat fixed in the end by adding the ip addresses to the blacklist.

I am asking this because I am concerned, any webmaster should maintain an active presence on their forum and his lack of presence makes things seem dull and lifeless in a sense. I like visiting Emutalk, but I have doubt as to the future of this community due to the lack of activity or an active presence from the webmaster.

It was my understanding that not even the regular staff was able to get a hold of him, which is why the ip blacklist was sought to solve the spam issue rather than a more efficient and permanent method.

Is there anyone who can confirm if Martin is still around, a word from the man himself would be much more appreciated. :)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I'm just going to go on a limb here and say that no one seems to know. Well, it's not like Martin's the only admin around. I've seen Gent here, although even spotting him is a very rare occurrence.

Unless admins have begun to hide themselves on the member list on purpose.

Allnatural

He made a couple of posts in the staff forum about four months ago...then promptly disappeared again.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Right, I say its time for a new Martin.

We need to replace the old one or at least mutiny! Mutiny I tells yaaaaa

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Yes, I elect myself as the new leader. You don't have a choice in the matter as I am a dictator... all hail ME.

Seriously though it'd be nice if one of the more active moderators was promoted to admin so they were able to take over martins duties (If he has no intention of ever being active again)

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
the question is, how can mods promote themselves?
i mean sure gent is still kicking around somewhere, however he only pops in once every few months
and does he have the power?

edit: wow its Miretanko