What's new

Interesting debate on existance of god, worth a read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagle said:

However, to say that the Universe fell together by coincidence is absolutely absurd. If you've taken a basic Astronomy class you'll start to realize that there are too many coincidences for that to be possible. I just can't belive that its just coincidence that the human body works so perfectly with itself, I can't believe that earth just happens to be inhabited with so many forms life, and I can not believe that creation was not something specifically planned out in extreme detail by some higher power.

Why is it eagle? because you cant comprehend that idea? surley people are equally justified in saying that there is no god as written in the bible... Once life takes hold its a pesky little bugger to shake off... so all it had to do really was form around the heat of lava hitting the seas... of which there are still ameoba to this day... evolution carries the rest... where did this life come from, who knows? maybe an alien sneezed and its germs ended up on earth, i dont know, perhaps there was a creator... but as it is written in the bible i find so very very hard to believe

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
u guys should read the stuff on that link i gave u. it explains many reasons scientifically why there isnt a god, using simple examples, so everyone can understand.

my problem with any belief system is that once u r presented with an axium or truth, the evidence for this truth is explained in a procedure of logical explanations, sort of like maths. yet its the core of the faith system that is almost to disprove - such as the idea of a god is so abstract to both disprove/prove .

although ppl shouldnt be close minded. if someone is really passionate about a faith or wateva, u should check out wat other theories to see, to either confirm ur beliefs or inspire u to see something different. i believe ppl can live a very good and happy life as a muslim, jew, christian, budhist..wateva. its just those who refuse to question can sometimes be too falsely led.

blizz

God is the creation of a world where life was hard, it was a necessary binding force to hold us together as a whole, to bring us past our evolutionary instincts. the human race has no need for a God as a binding force, it holds us back, limits and narrows our views. A religion is a doctrine to enforce order, and not necessarily a force for good

as far as I am concerned you have one life, and what you do with it is up to you, no second chances, no nothing, when you're dead that's it, you cease to be

Method Man

Hadoken!
I'm a Christian and I beleive there is a God and I only worship one God.I'm thankful that Jesus died for me. I love you Jesus!

I am the way and the truth and the life, no one comes to the father except through me - John 14:6

Last edited:

Josep

eyerun4phun
wow, i wish i would have stayed with this thread, but it already makes me want to read the bible:) one more thing, i don't know if this was metioned, look at a dna strand, does it look like that it could have been created by accident? hmmm...something to think about yet another thing i thought was funny just now, look at Slougi's little parody off of the Hamlet qoute, hehe, just funny cause that is refering to kinda what were talking about, maybe i dunno, just got done reading the book for like the 5th time and just thought it was funny:) plus im bored of finals and need to write somewhere else besides all my essays:)

Last edited:

blizz

Josep said:
look at a dna strand, does it look like that it could have been created by accident? hmmm...

the component parts of DNA have an ability to form into a double helix by themselves, the first part of the helix is actually caused by the structure of the four base parts of DNA and the secondary helix is caused by hydrogen bonding (which is just a massive Van der Waals force between an oxygen atom and a hydrogen atom (so big they gave it a special name because it does weird stuff ;) ))

you're attempting an argument from design, the normal example is that of a watch from which you infer a watch maker, and thus you look at the world and should infer a world maker, however you don't look at a tree and infer a tree maker.

Josep

eyerun4phun
blizz said:

however you don't look at a tree and infer a tree maker.

i guess im missing your point, why not look at who the tree maker is? isn't that the whole point of seeking whether or not there is a god? Given that from our knowledge its kinda of impossible, thats where belief and faith comes in. But seriously, do you think that some chemical evolution occured that just randomly started the human race by accident?

blizz

Josep said:

i guess im missing your point, why not look at who the tree maker is? isn't that the whole point of seeking whether or not there is a god? Given that from our knowledge its kinda of impossible, thats where belief and faith comes in. But seriously, do you think that some chemical evolution occured that just randomly started the human race by accident?

I was using one of my teachers favourite ways of shooting down arguments by the usage of language ;)

I do actually think we came about through luck, probably first as a sophisticated chemical chain reaction that gradually became more and more complex before shifting over to a cellular based lifeform, which would have been extremely basic at first,

I think the problem we have is that all cellular life stems from effectively one or two sources, which spun off into Virus's and the variety of cellular structure that we have today, and even the most basic bacteria that are inexistence today are fantastically complicated compared to what was there at the beginning,

Macca

I believe in there being one allmighty and powerful god...

....me :p

Ah...i thought i'd bring some humor into this serious topic :D

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
The main argument here for a god is that is seems unlikely that the universe couldn't have turned out like this is there wasn't one. IMO this is a pretty shoddy argument. There may have been universes before this one, or maybe there are other universes existing right now. This could mean that this is the only universe that was made in the right way to form life that could look back at itself.

HostLink

no you are not God!

It's ME!

I am the creator of everything and I access the internet with the HolyNet Internet Services provider. Really high speeds, T5 connection with built-in DirectEden support.

sk8bloke22 said:
i believe ppl can live a very good and happy life as a muslim, jew, christian, budhist..wateva. its just those who refuse to question can sometimes be too falsely led.

amen ;)

blizz said:

I was using one of my teachers favourite ways of shooting down arguments by the usage of language ;)

I do actually think we came about through luck, probably first as a sophisticated chemical chain reaction that gradually became more and more complex before shifting over to a cellular based lifeform, which would have been extremely basic at first,

I think the problem we have is that all cellular life stems from effectively one or two sources, which spun off into Virus's and the variety of cellular structure that we have today, and even the most basic bacteria that are inexistence today are fantastically complicated compared to what was there at the beginning,

life is a pesky little bugger, it has an appititie for survival,its soul purpose is to pass on its dna, we're the only creature who concerns ourselves with other such things as thinking abotu creation vs evolution... the main difference between the two arguments? one is trying to look for how, the other is more concerned why... to me its almost irrelevant why we're here im gonna make the best of it regardless, im just kinda interested how we got here

RPGlover12

u dont get what i said
i didn't mean that there's no diff between religion
what are u guys talking about
of course there is a diff
then why god(allah) made 3 religion
jewish , christian , islam
the last one was islam
if u can read arabic
go read the quran
u'll find all the info that u got about how the world was created
whats the diff bet it and other religion
why is it better
why it wasn't changed
why everybody in isalm like to defend palastene
what happened to jesus excatly
what the true story of moses ( the prophet of jewish)
how earth was created
what happened at the old days
how islam started
why god (allah) prefered islam
why muslims know that there is only one god doesn't have any child or creator or son or anything else except him
etc.....

just read it
and if u dont know arabic try read it in english
its not the same as the arabic one but alot changed cause words have diff meaning
ok just try to
:)

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
This discussion is leading to nowhere. It doesn`t matter if there is or isn`t a God. I mean, you can`t see God, or hear him, or talk with him, so even if he does exist, what difference does it make? Eventually, everyone will find out if God exists or not, since we eventually all die.

RPGlover12

nope there is a diff
then what the use of us
just work
do nothin
hang out with friends
this will be no use
there is a god upthere
moses is the only one who talked to him
nobody saw him
muhammed(may be peace and blessing upon him)
talked to him throw an angel called gebrael(dunno whats his name in english )
he heard what god said and he told him what he heard excatly
and he went to the 7 skies and when he was going to see god
he couldn't cause gebrael refused to
he said "no human will see him except the day that all humans will see what they did good and bad"
only good will see him
and bad wont
so ofcourse there is allah
no way there couldn't be allah

RPGlover12 said:
nope there is a diff
then what the use of us
just work
do nothin
hang out with friends
this will be no use
there is a god upthere
moses is the only one who talked to him
nobody saw him
muhammed(may be peace and blessing upon him)
talked to him throw an angel called gebrael(dunno whats his name in english )
he heard what god said and he told him what he heard excatly
and he went to the 7 skies and when he was going to see god
he couldn't cause gebrael refused to
he said "no human will see him except the day that all humans will see what they did good and bad"
only good will see him
and bad wont
so ofcourse there is allah
no way there couldn't be allah

thats all very nice, but do you have any proof any of this is real? do you know what you are reading? eveything you are taught fits in, but isnt it a little far fetched? why should you believe it "because is written"? dont you ever question it? i dont understand how anyone can blindly accept this stuff:blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.