What's new

Interesting debate on existance of god, worth a read

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
atmosphere in perfect conditions.......that may hav taken years for that to happen, millions of years. if the atmosphere was in different conditions compared to know, how would we live on this planet.

ok about the body and the organs. well if we ourselves are therefore open systems, then surely something most hav tydied us up or wateva. u assume god, but if the thoery of evolution is correct, then surely the placement of body parts is an affect of the natural selection of nature itself. the theory of evolution assumes that other millions of years and through a process of natural selection, life evolves and alters itself, byitself. well, consider that, then we obviously did not just appear on the earth by a magic wand pointed by god, but came into an existance through millions years of evolution. just as early discovered skulls of wat is considered to be early man (often compared to aboriginis) is slightly different in shape to the typical human skull no, as in distinctive differences.

heres some more stuff from that website:

"The Eye
Creationists just love the human eye. It is an amazingly complex organ with hundreds of parts all working together, and our bible thumping friends like to cite it as an example of something that evolution could not have produced. The argument consists of two parts: the eye is too complex to have formed randomly, and natural selection does not apply to it because the eye is useless until fully formed, and would not have been favorable in beginning stages. The creationists are right about one thing. The eye is too complex to have formed randomly. The odds of one forming without any direction are incredibly small, and no one in their right mind would claim otherwise. Fortunately, evolution does have direction. Evolution is not random, because of natural selection. That brings us to the second part of the argument. According to the creationists, natural selection would be of no help because the eye can't be used (and therefore cannot be an advantage to an organism) until it is fully formed. Let's examine different types of eyes and see what exactly "fully formed" means.

When we hear the word eye, we usually think of the large white sphere like objects inside of our skulls. What we don't realize is that complex animals such as humans, frogs, and lizards aren't the only ones fortunate enough to have the ability to see. Frogs, I believe, have the best eyes out of any animal. It is believed that their eyes can actually detect single photons of light. What is important here, though, is whether or not simpler forms of eyes exist. If we find very primitive eyes on ancient organisms, then we know that intermediate stages in the development of the eye would be prone to natural selection because they do work, unlike what the creationists are telling us.

Fish have simpler eyes than us, and they work perfectly fine. Arthropods have simpler eyes than us, and they work perfectly fine. Many mollusks have eyes which are far simpler than ours (except for cephalopods -- they have advanced eyes), and they work perfectly fine. However, the furthest away you can get form the standard definition of an eye, in my opinion, is the eye of a planarian. Planarians are members of the acoelomate flatworms. Flatworms are one of the oldest species of animal, and were the very first to have tissues organized into organs. These tiny creatures, as incredibly simple as they may be, have eyes. Actually, they aren't even called eyes. They're called eyespots. These eyes, really, are just a collection of light sensitive cells connected to the incredibly tiny brain of the planarian. They can't form even the simplest of images. They can only detect large differences in light. The eyes can't even move. They're stationary. These eyes are incredibly simple and underdeveloped, yet they serve a purpose that is definitely prone to natural selection. The same applies to all of the other primitive sight organs in organisms. There are plenty of fully functioning intermediate stages of the eye for natural selection to act upon.

So what does it mean, exactly, that natural selection can aid the evolutionary process? It means that the incredibly tiny odds of eyes as complex as ours forming shoot way up into the range of the probable. Creationists love to say, "The odds of random mutations forming a human being through evolution is quite like a monkey accidentally typing an unabridged dictionary". Actually, it's not at all like it. Natural selection lets organisms develop one helpful trait, then pass it on, rather than having to form that same trait over and over again with every generation by random chance. Imagine a monkey randomly punching keys on his type writer. What are the odds of the monkey typing the word "Hello"? There are twenty six keys (twenty seven if you include the spacebar), and there are five letters in the word hello. That means that the odds of the monkey accidentally typing the word correctly are one in twenty seven raised to the fifth power. My calculator tells me that is one in 14,348,907. The problem with this calculation is that it does not take three things into account: natural selection, several monkies, and alternate possibilities. Now, since we are using this as an analogy to demonstrate the evolution of the eye, and the eye is a helpful organ, let us use natural selection to pass on correctly punched letters. Suppose the monkey types the letter M. That is an incorrect letter (or a harmful mutation) and will be thrown out. The monkey tries again. S. Again, that is incorrect. The monkey tries a third time. H. Bingo! Now, in the real world, helpful mutations (or in this example, correct letters) are passed on to offspring. Without natural selection, the monkey would have to type E after H. If he screws it up, then he has to start all over again. If, by some miracle, he manages to type HE, he still has to type the L. If he misses it, he has to start all over again, and it might be a very long time before he punches HE again to win another shot at it. You can see that typing the word HELLO without natural selection can be a very, very long process.

With natural selection, however, the monkey only has to get the right letters once. When he types H for the first time, that's all he has to do, because natural selection lets him pass the H down. If he screws up the next letter, it's no big deal because he'll just go back to H again. The monkey type HE. Now, for L. After several misses, the monkey hits L. Again, after several more misses, our friend hits another L, and finally, an O. This process with one monkey would probably take no more than five minutes. It's really just the amount of time would take for you to hit every letter on the keyboard five times. Actually, it could be a lot less than that because you would only have to hit each key five times until you hit the right letters. A monkey, with natural selection, can easily type the word hello. Unfortunately, we're talking about dictionaries, not single words. One monkey using this method to type a dictionary would take centuries. Luckily, in the real world, there is not just one monkey. There is also not just one mutation a day. There are thousands. Imagine thousands of mutations every day of the year for ten years. For a hundred. For a thousand. A million. A hundred million. How about three and a half billion years? (The oldest fossils ever found have been dated to about 3.5 billion years.) The odds are dramatically more likely now, but that's still not the end of the story.

Creationists make the very false assumption that the way that life is now was the only path is could have taken. They think that after 3.5 billion years of evolution, in every possible scenario, the newest result would be humans -- tall, bipedal organisms that have no hair and the ability to speak. They also think that these organisms would have evolved from chimpanzees, and chimpanzees from simpler primates, and primates from monkeys, and monkeys from other mammals, and mammals from reptiles, reptiles from amphibians, amphibians from fish, and so on. They act as if this evolutionary scenario is the only one that would have worked. They cannot be more wrong. There is an astronomical amount of possible evolutionary paths. The one that we see today is just one out of the radically different possibilities. There is nothing special about it. What does this have to do with the formation of complex organs? Let's go back to our example with the monkey and the typewriter.

Assuming that the word "hello" is the only word that the monkey can type is exactly like assuming that the evolutionary path that we see today is the only one that could have happened. To make things a bit more realistic, let's lengthen the word hello to "hello my name is dave" (for simplicity's sake, I took out punctuation and capitalization). It's going to take a little longer for the monkey to type this sentence because it's significantly longer. But what if we take into account that this is not the only sentence that the monkey could type? The earliest parts of the sentence will remain the same in different scenarios, just as the earliest organisms in different evolutionary paths will be very similar. All life forms are carbon based and all life forms need energy, so the basics won't change much. But as life evolves, a huge multitude of possibilities open up. While the first organisms in different paths will probably all be single celled prokaryotes, the organisms several billion years later will be dramatically different, allowing for more workable paths (and correct words for the monkey). Let me give some examples of what else the monkey could type instead of hello my name is dave.

hello my name is davi
hello my name is davr
hello my name is dklr
hello my name is fiem
hello my name jb dufk
hello my nafu uf gjkn
hello mb jfhu fh ijwn
hello jm dfjh efuhfeu
hello sdfkjiu ehufugg
hello fjigjenbufpwkjdf
hello fhigjkdswjfdioef

And so on. The very basic forms of life (the word hello in our example) will remain the same, while more complex organisms can be completely different. This increases the monkey's chances of typing a correct sentence dramatically, and speeds up the process by enormous amounts. The chances of the monkey typing one specific combination of letters of those examples are small, but the chances of the monkey typing any of those combinations is actually a very easy task.

Between natural selection, the fact that so many mutations occur each day, and the astronomically huge number possibilities, the evolution of complex organs such as the eye is a very easy task for evolution. Once again, creationist attacks fall flat on their face."

medical_guy

the eye.......can never be from an evolutionary origin

the eye, well, i toled u before that i have many other proofs in medicine that evolution is impossible, but i rather wanted to use the simpler law of entropy, u did not seem to reply to me on refining ur model, the entropy did decrese, ths evolution breaks the second law of thermodynamics, so please reply to this point or agree with it, u can't just say evolution did cause that specific arrangment by natural selection if it is LESS likly to occur by thermodynamics.
Now to the eye which in my point of view, appears to be more used by evolutionists than creationists, molecular biologists estimated that the number of bases that contibute to the formation of the eye is about 100 million bases (in human being), and it is also proven that during the assumed course of natural selection, life tends to go to the better form, this can only logicly occur by the process of mutations in the dna bases during DNA replication. Now it is well known that mutations in the line of species for a certain age change by 1 base every 400 years. This means that after 400 years, human beings of that age will most likly have a GENERAL one base diffrent from us.
However ,in a flat worm, the nmuber of bases estimated to make the eye are about 13 million base, ONLY 10 thousand bases resmble what a human has to make his eye, this means that the number of bases that change from flat worm to human is almost a bit less than 100 million bases, if general mutaions take 400 years for 1 base to change in almost all of the species line, then the time it would take for the eye to change from a flat worm to a human is about 400 *100 million= 40 billion years!!! that is more than the age of the WHOLE universe. And this time is calculated without taking into consideration the possibility of the faliure of a mutation to cause a change to the better form (i.e. faliure of natural selection)
This is only one of the examples in medicine that rule out evolution. SO just as u said creationists fell on their faces, well i guess now evolutionists really fell on their faces this time.
If u wish more medical examples i am ready to give to u more. Yet back to the law of entropy, please give me ur response to this one.

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
The Earth is not a "closed system" because it receives energy from the Sun. "Closed system" indicates that it isn't receiving any energy from outside. The sun is so vast (around three hundred thousand times the mass of the Earth) that any increase in order on the sun-powered Earth through living things growing or evolving is far outweighed by the corresponding increase in disorder in the Sun, so no laws of thermodynamics are being violated in the sun-earth system.

Entropy locally decreases (disorder turns into order) in open systems when snowflakes and crystals form, when living things grow from smaller ones. If all decreases in entropy were forbidden, none of these could occur and life itself would be impossible.

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
found this, it helps explain why entropy can decrease locally. hence, why the body can be ordered where a decrease of entropy occurs, rather than an increase of disorder.

"need to clear up something I have seen as a common misunderstanding. There are 3, not 2, common types of systems that classical thermodynamics considers: open, closed, and isolated. In an open system matter and energy (heat conduction or radiation) can cross the boundary into the system (just take a system to be anything with a real or imagined boundary to it, in our case the biosphere of the earth), in a closed system energy may flow into or out of the system but not matter, and in an isolated system nothing gets in or out. Now this is very important... it is only in the last case, isolated, that the common form of the second law applies. That is the entropy, S, must always increase or remain constant for the isolated system. When we move to open or closed systems there are other quantities, or what we call thermodynamic potentials, to consider along with entropy. The second law for a closed or open system is simply an equation with entropy in only one of its terms, and entropy may increase or decrease.

Now clearly the biosphere is an open system, the suns energy may enter, matter from space enters, and energy and matter can and does exit. The isolated system form of the second law just does NOT apply, the entropy of the biosphere can and does decrease locally because it is offset by entropy increases elsewhere, the sun for instance. It is really that simple.

Your statistical analogies are ok, but may serve to confuse this issue. The entropy in the statistical form just goes as the natural logarithm of the total number of microstates available to the system, but again there are other thermodynamic potentials, or quantities, to consider other than entropy for closed and open systems and the macroscopic form of the second law still apply."

so there is no violation.

adi

get out of my house
OK, this forum has started to repeat itself all over again. The words 'boring' and 'repetitive' do not do this thread justice.

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
if u dont wanna read it dont. im finding half the threads on the pj64 boring and repetitive (newbies asking if this does or doesnt work), but the pj64 forum is still very popular. different ppl find different things interesting.

medical_guy

Excellent, i made an Accomplishment

Quote from sk8bloke22:
"found this, it helps explain why entropy can decrease locally. hence, why the body can be ordered where a decrease of entropy occurs, rather than an increase of disorder"
Excellent, u have just admitted that the human body is of a lower entropy due to it's complexity and not a higher one. This is what i have proven so far, u first said it was of a higher complexity and entropy, which means we have moved ONE step in the right direction.
Now the new thing u r trying to explain is how could we have a decrease of entropy in an open system, with increasing complexity without the aid of GOD. Well, i actually know very well that there are other factors that contibute to a reaction to occur other than entropy, and that is what chemical reactions are ALL about.
Now it comes basicly to this point, is the extra ordering that is SO HUMUNGUS in the human being, either is made by energy sources like lightning and the sun, or by GOD. This is what i need to prove with other points like what i have just said about the eye above, so please read it carfully. It shows u how the process of evolution needs so much time, that it may exceed the age of this universe.
Secondly, we are missing a VERY IMPORTANT POINT, that the theory of creation explains and evolution does not. What created this universe. The universe is supposed to be a closed system. it could not simply create itself by itself. Energy cannot be created nor destroyed. All forms of matter are condensed types of energy. So if matter cannot be created nor destroyed, how could energy of a closed system such as the universe be created by ITSELF.
I will alwyas thank u sk8bloke22 for a nice argument. But i showed u many ways of even chalenging such a point of view. So far evolutionists are struggling to show that their theory is plausable , while creationists have no point against them exept that a human simply wants to get rid of the idea of a SUPER POWER. Please read my argument about the eye and reply to it.

ok so medical guy do you absolutley not accept natural selection or what? lets say theres a mutation that leaves ppl blind (prolly are several), now in the wild these people would not have as much chance of surviving to pass on this mutation, but the healthy eyes would continue on. Thus keep ing a species at very least the same.

Then maybe one can see colours very clearly, while the others are colour blind... maybe they would spot predators better, these colour vision creatrues would surley have a better chance of living. Surley this is an evolution. You cannot deny that mutations happen, look at systic fibrosis, thats a bad mutation but we cope with it because of our technology, if it was an extreemlet serious disease those people would not last the test of time as well as those without. Hence not passing on the defunct or, not as good as the rest gene.

RPGlover12

Can God tell what you will do in two days? If yes, then is it possible to do some action contrary to what God wishes within the two days? If you can bend God's will, then you are more powerful than God, and hence, God is not omnipotent. If God can't tell what you will do in two days, then God doesn't know everything, and hence, is not omniscent.
ok i got the answer
there is something that u should know about someguy at the islamic ages called abe laheb he was a leader of a tribe called quaresh that was muhammed's (maybe blessing and peace be upon him ) tribe they hated him and they were agianst islam allah sent down a sorah in the holy quran telling them that abe laheb will die an unbeliever and he did , if he just believed in allah and believed in muhammed then we would be all unbelievers of god and allah and there is another story , about a guy who was written in the quran that he will die with his nouse cut and it did happen .
ok i got another one
"about a red indians came to the prophet and told him that we dont believe in god and the earth came all by it self without being created so he told them do u know the the ship that sailed from india to saudia and gave goods they told him who was on the ship he told them it came all by it self they told him how he told them if u dont believe that the ship has been saled all by it self to here then why dont u believe that the earth has been created all by it self without being ruled by god"
ok thats for now guys more to come soon ;)

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
and that proves wat exactly rpglover...

the human body is an open system. so quite simply there is nothing in thermodynamics that prevents it from decreasing it's entropy, or order if you will. also u seem to be simply trying to say that since the human body is so complex, that has special thermodynamic impliations, it does not, it just means the body is complex. the space shuttle is governed by the same physical reality as a lawn mower. complexity only implies a higher degree of information content, that is all.

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
oh and about the eye. i can get scientific examples too:

"As Frank Zindler (former professor of biology and geology) stated:

"As an organ developed via the opportunistic twists and turns of evolutionary processes, the human eye is explainable. As an organ designed and created by an infinitely wise deity, the human eye is inexcusable. For unlike the invertebrate eyes ..., the human eye is constructed upon the foundation of an almost incredible error: The retina has been put together backwards! Unlike the retinas of octopuses and squids, in which the light-gathering cells are aimed forward, toward the source of incoming light, the photoreceptor cells (the so called rods and cones) of the human retina are aimed backward, away from the light source. Worse yet, the nerve fibers which must carry signals from the retina to the brain must pass in front of the receptor cells, partially impeding the penetration of light to the receptors. Only a blasphemer would attribute such a situation to divine design!
Although the human eye would be a scandal if it were the result of divine deliberation, a plausible evolutionary explanation of its absurd construction can be obtained quite easily--even though we can make little use of paleontology (because eyes, like all soft tissues, rarely fossilize)."

oh and btw. 400 years for a 1-base mutation? Thats insane.
...and besides, your "evolution" between flatworm and human is flawed, because humans didn't evolve from flatworms, we only share a common ancestor.

Last edited:

medical_guy

well, i have eased up the matters abit. U say that evolution of a human from a flat worm and my calculation is insane, well why? how about evolution of a human from a prokaryote, and this value of 400 years is the lowest value possible, because if according to evolution we started as a prokaryote, it would take even more than that, it could reach to up to 3700 years. That is due to the very low amount of numbers of a specie.
Secondly, i never said natural selection is not possible. However evolutionists have made such a big deal out of it, that they think any thing is possible with it. It is possible that a stronger specie may come from a mutation and survive, but if the original specie was already surviving, why would the new specie be the only one to be sustained. To me, having a better specie is something possible, but it would never cause the sequence of events to run from a simple bacteria to a human being. Moreover, it is even less likly to occur that there is a mutation in a specie that would affect it in any way. Let me ask u, do u think that any mutation would make an effect, do u know that most of the DNA of the human being simply does not give code into a protien, it only forms an intron which is then degraded, and if u want a specific value, it is 95% of our dna not coding. Why do u guys think of such.
Thirdly, to tell u the truth, entropy will always be against the evolutionary theory, entropy is used to sustain a chemical reaction to some extent. It is true that a reaction can occur in an open system which would decrease entropy by increasing in some other place, but this only plausable to some extent only for a limited sequence of reactions, entropy cannot decrease for ever, and it can never cause a complex reaction as what is happening in the human being, that is because at some point, entropy will be so low that even a huge energy would never make it any lower, thus it will go the other way round and will start to increase in entropy once again.
Last but not least, do u people realise what u r trying to prove to me, u r trying to say that the energy of the sun, lightning, formed this whole world, instead of a powerfull god. This simply sounds to me like when u say that the whole human civilization is not created by humans thinking brain, but by a bunch of ants that slowly tried to organise every thing over a billion years. What seems more logical to u.
Ah i forgut one thing, what did u say about the creation of the universe. If the universe is a closed system, then energy would not be created nor destroyed within it, secondly all solid matter within this universe is a condensed form of energy, so matter cannot be created nor destroyed, so do u think that this universe was created by itself through another process of evolution, at least when i believe in god, i believe that there is a creator to this universe, please give me a reply about this.

Last edited:

RPGlover12

well u guys are all talking about the science we want to talk about the existance of god ok here is one about the final book of allah the holy quran it got some miracles that even science now just discovered and i'll tell u some of them i dont remember them all
1 - it got every little detail and big one too it even got the attack on america in it
2 - it got somestuff that the new science just discovered now like an e.g " allah said that the embryo in his mother neutress his soul will get down at a certain day(sorry dont remember the day) and there is a scientest who wanted to see this and he even measured it with the hours minutes and he found out that whatever allah wants anything to happen it will
thats another proof for u sk8bloke and many others are coming
3 - the judgement day " allah said that the judgement day wont come unless the minor and major signs shows up " and thats true like allah said that in the quran from 1400 years that when the judgement day comes near these signs will show up
e.g women will look like men and men look like women . e.g 2 : killin will increase e.g 3 : earth quakes will increase e.g 4 : any one who is passing near a grave he will say i wish in ur place , there are more i just dont remember

ok sytaylor and reznor007 before u talk abuot religion and islam first read it from a to z then come to talk to me and u'll see ok so dont just go like that say that religion was created by man maybe some religions like boda but islam jewish christian were the only true ones but now the only true one is islam no other religion so before u talk about religion go study it first cause u dont know anything about it nor any other religion
and reznor007 i've got something to tell u " u lost u're faith in ur religion which is christian because u didn't believe in it because it was changed from the old days and still now changed so u lost u're faith in islam

medical_guy said:
Last but not least, do u people realise what u r trying to prove to me, u r trying to say that the energy of the sun, lightning, formed this whole world, instead of a powerfull god. This simply sounds to me like when u say that the whole human civilization is not created by humans thinking brain, but by a bunch of ants that slowly tried to organise every thing over a billion years. What seems more logical to u.

umm the human brain did not create civilisation, in a clever way you just contradicted yourself... humans like ants slow contributed and built society through hard work. It is still nowhere near the level it could potentially reach. The human brain aided in civilisations arision to its currentl levels but it did NOT create it directly such as an omnipitant being would. As such your example is good proof for my point. theres nothing to say there is no driving force or higher power out there... but personally i think the driving force is life's will to survive. Where this came from i dont know.

Do you accept that surley humans were not the first creatures on earth? There is no evidence of them til VERY rescently... if the history of earth was a day we'd have popped up in the 10 seconds before midnight. As such why would it take so long for an omnipitant being to create this environment for us? Is it that the reason we are here as we are, is because we are veru sucessful at adapting to earth in its current form, however if it was suddenley plunged unerwater surley the fish would survive into the future far better?

RPGlover12 said:

ok sytaylor and reznor007 before u talk abuot religion and islam first read it from a to z then come to talk to me and u'll see ok so dont just go like that say that religion was created by man maybe some religions like boda but islam jewish christian were the only true ones but now the only true one is islam no other religion so before u talk about religion go study it first cause u dont know anything about it nor any other religion
and reznor007 i've got something to tell u " u lost u're faith in ur religion which is christian because u didn't believe in it because it was changed from the old days and still now changed so u lost u're faith in islam

i dont care wether its been changed or not, evertying you have quoted sounds like it was written by man

RPGlover12

cause u didn't read it if u did read it from a to z u'll see and u dont have faith because u can't think of it and u can't proof that there is no god but i can proof it and am sure just if u believed that there is god i can proof the unity of god and islam and u dont want to believe cause u're afraid and u're shyed of islam am sure of that cause u say " why the heck should i read the quran " cause u dont know what does it contain and u know that if u read it u'll believe in it and u dont want that

no you cant proove god exists, thats my whole point, you absolutley cannot! just as i cant proove there is a god, can you accept that? i accept you believe in god, but that is different from knowing god exists, for that you have to be able to proove it to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.