What's new

Interesting debate on existance of god, worth a read 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josep

eyerun4phun
Hold on, going back to what RPGlover12 was talking about, what test are you talking about? The test for the whole world? Or each individual person? What do you believe or your reliegion believe in after death? Define your term "test" in your context of religion, and that is interesting sk8bloke22, kinda speechless as to what to say to claims like that:)

OP
RPGlover12

RPGlover12

ok sk8bloke am going to give ya a hard challange if ya can find only one thing that is wrong in quran then i will say ok then the torah and bible is wrong if u just give me one thing that the quran is wrong about ok i think its a hard challenge but u goto keep going and if u want my proof for that the bible is wrong well here is something it said that the earth was from 6000 years well thats wrong here is one proof am going to get more ok

sk8bloke22

roll for life
er...how on earth am i havnet studied the koran or bible. i know bits of the torah but still not enuff to damn the whole thing.

ok, instead ill ask u something. how do u think the world was created...

Martin

Administrator
Sorry to off-topic this thread but...did you request that member title sk8bloke22? :)

sk8bloke22

roll for life
i dont really care as long as it isnt 'emulation geek' ... well i didnt request that exact name, hehe...someone changed it to that, i dont really mind - i aint too fussy.

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
Sorry for being off topic as well but why do hellknight and sk8bloke22 get a specail member title ? ???

/me wants one (a decent one :) ) as well

RPGlover12 said:
i didn't say just now that the bible and torah isn't true but can u explain how did the prophet and the quran knew all this

they may not have "known" all that, its just rescently people have twsisted the words to make it seem that way

RPGlover12 said:
if u want my proof for that the bible is wrong well here is something it said that the earth was from 6000 years well thats wrong here is one proof am going to get more ok

if the earth is 6000 years old explain how fossils CARBON DATED ( a mathemetical theory or science), places them far longer than 6000 years ago... explain how trees could rot and become "fossil fuels" in a mere 6000 years when its a known fact it takes millions of years...

can you explain this?

another thing, if i showed someone from 200 years ago a computer they would be amazed having never even heard a radio... our acceptance of technology is not a fair way to judge the influence of god. If i grew up facing a wall in a 4 cornered room and then was released in to the open world chances are i'd be scared... however if i started life in a room with 4 walls... and as i grew up i got used to the world outside id find it much easier to accept.

Claiming that religions knew about scientific discoveries is not only contradictory to the whole idea of religion (its faith its beautiful now believe already....), but its also very open to interpritation. If you twist it far enough you can say the story of adam and eve teaches us never to eat fruit!

Also can someone explain why eating pork is so bad? I mean theyd be killed in the wild, what difference does it make? Cow, Pig, Sheep... the only difference is the importance placed on them by us humans.

OP
RPGlover12

RPGlover12

sytaylor said:

if the earth is 6000 years old explain how fossils CARBON DATED ( a mathemetical theory or science), places them far longer than 6000 years ago... explain how trees could rot and become "fossil fuels" in a mere 6000 years when its a known fact it takes millions of years...

can you explain this?

another thing, if i showed someone from 200 years ago a computer they would be amazed having never even heard a radio... our acceptance of technology is not a fair way to judge the influence of god. If i grew up facing a wall in a 4 cornered room and then was released in to the open world chances are i'd be scared... however if i started life in a room with 4 walls... and as i grew up i got used to the world outside id find it much easier to accept.

Claiming that religions knew about scientific discoveries is not only contradictory to the whole idea of religion (its faith its beautiful now believe already....), but its also very open to interpritation. If you twist it far enough you can say the story of adam and eve teaches us never to eat fruit!

Also can someone explain why eating pork is so bad? I mean theyd be killed in the wild, what difference does it make? Cow, Pig, Sheep... the only difference is the importance placed on them by us humans.
well i didn't believe in that i just said the first proof that the bible is wrong with so i keep on getting another proofs and whatever i post about not true is what i dont believe in
get :)

Martin

Administrator
sk8bloke22 said:
i dont really care as long as it isnt 'emulation geek' ... well i didnt request that exact name, hehe...someone changed it to that, i dont really mind - i aint too fussy.

I like that attitude, I'll promote you. :)

sk8bloke22

roll for life
er...u havent once proved either the torah or bible wrong so far. uve just typed various muslim interpretations of them, which of course are gonna be bias. even a creationalist would try to aviod doing that...uve just showed bias views. if u wanna prove the bible wrong, u explain in a neutral way. i.e ur evidence will not derrive from the koran but through logical contradiction. for example noah's ark was recorded in the bible to be contructed using certain measurements, yet earlier i used a pice of writing which explained why those measurements completely contradicted the story of noah, in terms of the amount of animals and the size of the ark.

Josep

eyerun4phun
Another poem that i think refers to sk8bloke22 and Rpglover12:

Friendship

Friendship with the ignorant is as foolish as arguing with a drunkard.

Thats not to take any offense to anyone, but here is another one that plays to that one;)

Ignorance:

In the house of Ignorance there is no mirror in which to view your soul.

Don't get me wrong, i don't read Gibran like a bible, but i'm just pointing out something between your guys' argument lightly. The way you guys interpret this is soley up to you, yet i mean no offense to anyone, just to get a point across about differences in people based on beliefs and bla blah, basically what you guys are talking about, and a bit more:)

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
Another off topic question to Martin :
Why do sk8bloke22 , hellknight get a specail title ?

Isn't this a democracy where everybody is equal (except for the Mods SuperMods and Admins) ???

Pheo

off the topic

if i had as many posts as you do, i would be requesting a special title too

hope i don't get renamed for this;)
:emutalk1: only god, or Martin, can save me now

Josep said:
Another poem that i think refers to sk8bloke22 and Rpglover12:

Friendship

Friendship with the ignorant is as foolish as arguing with a drunkard.

Thats not to take any offense to anyone, but here is another one that plays to that one;)

Ignorance:

In the house of Ignorance there is no mirror in which to view your soul.

Don't get me wrong, i don't read Gibran like a bible, but i'm just pointing out something between your guys' argument lightly. The way you guys interpret this is soley up to you, yet i mean no offense to anyone, just to get a point across about differences in people based on beliefs and bla blah, basically what you guys are talking about, and a bit more:)

ok the constant "poor atheist is blind" treatment does get a bit patronising and hippicritical when you consider you ask us to open our eyes and yet act as if you're right

Josep

eyerun4phun
DUDE!!!!!! sytaylor, i'm just putting those poems because i think they are cool and they are something to consider, im not nailing anyone for not having a reliegion, hell i don't, and you confused me with your last sentence:

you ask us to open our eyes and yet act as if you're right

act like im' right about what? that i think i have a good taste in poetry? Don't know where your going with that, im not trying to convert anyone here, and if thats what it seems like im sorry, cause im not. I'm merely trying to understand reliegions and getting other peoples opinions ABOUT opinions, thats all. im tried to keep this topic laid back, not make people feel guilty for not having a reliegion or whatever...

OP
RPGlover12

RPGlover12

Josep said:
DUDE!!!!!! sytaylor, i'm just putting those poems because i think they are cool and they are something to consider, im not nailing anyone for not having a reliegion, hell i don't, and you confused me with your last sentence:

you ask us to open our eyes and yet act as if you're right

act like im' right about what? that i think i have a good taste in poetry? Don't know where your going with that, im not trying to convert anyone here, and if thats what it seems like im sorry, cause im not. I'm merely trying to understand reliegions and getting other peoples opinions ABOUT opinions, thats all. im tried to keep this topic laid back, not make people feel guilty for not having a reliegion or whatever...
well thnx for the poems and its ok dont worry :)

quoting poems for religion based arguments on a semi constant basis is akin to saying "look at the inspiration provided by religion, look at its bueaty, look how right it is"... or thats how i read it, especially with the semi sarcastic comments hidden in there.... slightly suggesting that atheists are ignorant and do not know friendship... how absurd!

the smileys and conifence in the poetry is what does it... maybe its just me reading too far between the lines, but thats what i saw:blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.