What's new

Input problem in Wind Waker

Jcw87

First, I know Dolphin does not support memory cards. When I try to use Wind Waker, i get stuck at the memcard screen where is asks if I want to continue without saving. If i press A, it chooses no and says there is no memory card again. If I press left, then A, same thing happens. I need to select yes but it won't let me.

attachment.php

I did a search and found this topic

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=19898

EDIT: found this later http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=23656

but it did not explain what must be done to select yes so i may continue and be amazed by this awsome emulator. Please tell me what i may be doing wrong.

Last edited:

Tjalian

Oh damn thats so funny.. I just posted the EXACT same thing only a few minutes ago!! Spooky :plain:

EDIT: So uhh.. any-one got any suggestions?
EDIT2: I'll merge my post from my thread into this one, so a Mod or Admin can delete the other one.
----------

Hey.. I searched round the boards but I didnt really see anything that resembles what I'm about to post, and if there is, please forgive me.

Basically I've downloaded Dolphin and the extra plugin on the site, and ran a USA Version of Wind Waker. Now there's a couple of GFX Issues, but thats not the porblem. When i press start where it says press start, it says there isn't a memory card detected, so i press enter, and it says do you want to continue without using a memory card y/n, but there is a selection glow!! I move Left and right, but nothing's there, so I press A, assuming yes is selected first, and it still comes up with there isn't a Memory card!! So I go back and assumably select no because I pressed right once, and it came up with memory Card Message again.

Now I wouldn't of really brought this up, but I've seen screenshots of WW that look in Game... so I was wondering If you could help me!!

BTW, My PC Specs are

AMD Athlon XP 2000+ 1.67Ghz Processor
64Mb DDR Geforce 4 graphics card
512Mb DDR RAM

Not sure about my FSB speeds...and the rest like DVD Burner or w/e isn't really necessary ;)

I'm running me res at 1280 x 1024 if that helps as well. All Dolphin Teaser Settings left to Default.

Well thanks in advance.. if you can help me I'll give you a cookie!! :p

Last edited:

jareg

Just A Guy
Its simply because your GFX card does not support PS2.0
If you have PS 2.0 then you can see the cursor but when you dont have PS 2.0 you dont see the cursor
Well i usually just try to push left and right until it lands on the Yes ;)

OP
J

Jcw87

jareg said:
Its simply because your GFX card does not support PS2.0
If you have PS 2.0 then you can see the cursor but when you dont have PS 2.0 you dont see the cursor
Well i usually just try to push left and right until it lands on the Yes ;)

i figured i couldnt see the cursor cuz of my card but thats not the problem. no matter how much i tell it to anolog stick left it wont choose yes. i know that it wont choose yes cuz everytime i press A after pressing left it goes back to previous screen. unlike some of the other people that may post here, i have the original game and i can normally get by this screen. i could be wrong but personally i think the input plugin is not emulating the anolog stick at 100%. i noticed on the real gamecube i have to press left almost all the way for it to register. but then i begin to wonder: how the heck did others get by this?

V99

pwner
whats the point of this? ok if you get it to work you are only gonna get 4 FPS its alot of fun then :yawn:

OP
J

Jcw87

Jcw87 said:
but it did not explain what must be done to select yes so i may continue and be amazed by this awsome emulator.

I think my point is stated pretty well here. I just want to see how other things look ingame with this cool emulator and my seemingly outdated video card. i dont really care that much about the framerate. i dont expect it to go fast because it's a work in progress. and it's only the teaser. and as in the topic i mentioned, everyone is sliding around the question. Please tell me how others have gotten past the memcard screen or a possible reason of why i cant.

OP
J

Jcw87

ok i figured it out. it was a really stupid error on my part :blush: i had my anolog stick and my D-pad switch around. i figured it out when i got to test mario sunshine. i dunno why i did that i must be too used to ps2 controller. it would be a nice if the input plugin would say what key goes to what button instead of putting the keys as they appear on the controller in a future release