What's new

Important Question

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Except that ARJs, ACEs and other older compression formats are almost extinct as far as compressed CD images (or actually most compressed formats these days) are concerned.

ZIP, RAR, LHZ and 7-ZIP dominate.

OP
Kakashi13

Kakashi13

Naruto Maniac
MouserX thanks for the help and i apologize for my english i know they suck :(
Anyway i am downloading the game from another torrent and i hope it works...
It's 1,2GB in 27 files...

Mouser X

Yes, that sounds much more reliable. I don't have the game myself, but I do know where to download its audio files (straight from the GCM. I know the guy who uploaded the audio files). That's why I pointed out the size of the audio. Good luck, and hopefully it works for you this time. Mouser X over and out.

OP
Kakashi13

Kakashi13

Naruto Maniac
OMG i don't believe it i downloaded the file i tried to open the second compressed file and i got the same problem but i tried to open the file without open it for second time and it works... lol i didn't know i could open tem that way now i can play the other 3 i downloaded before lol...

Cobrax1884

Banned
to lightnin:well yeah but it's alot bett to open the oo1 files in the 001 joiner.
none of my 001 files worke in wonrar or any other zipping/rarring program..
Oh and kakashi, you're english is not bad at all.

Mouser X

Every file that ends its extension with .001 and up has worked in either WinRAR, or 7zip entirely just fine for me. I've never had any issues, at all, whatsoever. As such, I see no reason to get another utility. WinRAR should, and almost always has, work(ed) fine. If for some strange reason it doesn't, get 7zip. There's no reason to have a progrom that does only 1 thing, when you can get another program that does that function, plus tons more. Mouser X over and out.

OP
Kakashi13

Kakashi13

Naruto Maniac
Well i tried winrar and 7zip and i must say that 7zip packs the files in much lower size than winrar but winrar can open almost every compressed file...
Oh and kakashi, you're english is not bad at all.
Arigato(thanks in Japanese lol,i have seen so much jap anime with naruto first,that i know some words :p)

Mouser X

Fix your settings in WinRAR. Even on WAV files, when I use the best possible settings in WinRAR, the difference between a 7z file and a RAR file is a few megabytes. On a (once compressed) 300mb RAR file, the same files (completely the same, no differences at all) in a 7z were 297-298mb. So, you just need to get WinRAR to be more efficient. Also, in most cases that I've seen, WinRAR will compress (and often extract) files faster than 7zip does.

To optimize settings in WinRAR, make sure you're using "Best" for compression, and that you enable "solid archiving." Solid archiving will make it so that any data that is shared among files will be counted only once. ZIP doesn't do this, but 7zip does (by default) which is probably why you're seeing big differences between RAR and 7z. Hope that helps. Mouser X over and out.

OP
Kakashi13

Kakashi13

Naruto Maniac
Ok thanks :)
btw does anyone knows where i can download the music from naruto 4?only the music i mean in songs...
I think MouserX you said something about it that you know where to download the music?(naruto 4 has some very good songs :D)