What's new

Important Question

OP
Kakashi13

Kakashi13

Naruto Maniac
lol ok you don't have to get upset nor to show us your system :p we can see that you have a top system by ourselves ;)
Anyway there was no offence man :) after all we all want to play games at regular speed nothing else.

Toasty

Sony battery
Cobrax1884 - is there any chance you might alter your signature to make it occupy less space, and also use the edit function, rather than double-posting? Not trying to nitpick, but I've done a whole lot of unnecessary scrolling on this thread.

To build on the conversation, Gekko is probably the most actively developed GC emulator right now and it shows great promise, but don't expect miracles. Dolphin may not be perfect, but it certainly wasn't written overnight and writing an emulator to match, let alone exceed, its limited performance and compatibility is not a trivial matter. Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to say Gekko's developers can't do better than the current Dolphin release; it's just a fact that emulators are very difficult, time-consuming programs to write, particularly when the emulated platform is as complex and powerful as a Gamecube. That said, I think there's plenty of room now for some pleasant surprises.

OP
Kakashi13

Kakashi13

Naruto Maniac
Well the only thing we can do now is either wait for gekko or cheer the programers of Dolphin who knows maybe the next version of Dolphin can make the miracle we are waiting :)

Cobrax1884

Banned
Ok, the, i'l do domething bout my siggy and yes it's verry hard to make/code etc an emu.
I think that it will kick dolphin's A$$ even though this is the best GC emu but soon enough "is" gon' be "was" :naughty:

OP
Kakashi13

Kakashi13

Naruto Maniac
Well we all hope this but as for me i must congratulate the dolphin team for their awesome work!
And something else if anyone finds a way to speed up the framerate even by a little i beg him to post here to let us know too plz...

BlueFalcon7

Oh there are many ways to boost the FPS, such as dual core support, better instruction set support, and HLE. But you know the dolphin coders, they keep it under wraps, and they also have a life.

OP
Kakashi13

Kakashi13

Naruto Maniac
Yes i understand that.
About dual core support i am afraid i can't do something like this now but about the instruction set and the HLE can you explain plz?

HiReZ92

How would you extract the files if they didn't come in rar files. Say for instance they came without any compression and they were file types with .001 and so on. What do you need to extract them?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Those files are still split RAR archives. Just open the .001 with WinRAR and extract.

HiReZ92

I'm almost there but what action in Winrar do you take exactly when you right click the file? That's where I'm having trouble.

Mouser X

If the files don't open in WinRAR when you double-click it, then open WinRAR, and drag+drop the .001 file onto WinRAR's titlebar. WinRAR should open the file then. Once open, simply hit the big "extract" button at the top. It should ask you where you want to extract it to. Hope that helps. Mouser X over and out.

OP
Kakashi13

Kakashi13

Naruto Maniac
I have a big problem with some games.
I download the games and i try to open them with winrar but it always says the file is either uknown format or damaged!i downloaded the naruto 4 and a file with the ohter 3 and they all got problem i just can't believe all of them are damaged is there any other way to open the files or something?plz help...

Mouser X

What's the extension on the files you're opening, and what size are they, and are you sure you got the whole thing? Often images are distributed in multiple pieces. If you don't download ALL of the pieces, then the image will be corrupt, and broken. Anyway, those first two things I asked would be helpful. What's the extension, and the filesize. Also, how many files does the archive consist of? Mouser X over.

OP
Kakashi13

Kakashi13

Naruto Maniac
The first naruto 4 is 1,4Gb and the other are 1,3Gb(206mb the first 530 the second and 700mb the third)they are both rar files.
Naruto 4 is one file
And the others are 4 files(they have a document about the creators or something in spanish i think)they are compressed twice each one of them.I think their size is ok because i downloaded before naruto 1 and it was compressed the same size as naruto 1 from the file with the other two...

Mouser X

If the Naruto you're refering to is "Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4" then the entire image, even when compressed, should be quite a bit over 511 megabytes. The audio files of that game, when compressed, are 511 MB, so I'm sure the full game + the audio files would be noticeably larger than that. I honestly don't quite understand what you've told me in that post above this one, but it sounds to me like you should look for the game images elsewhere. Unless I misunderstood you, it sounds like you might not have downloaded the entire image, and are therefore missing pieces. If my understanding there is incorrect, I appoligize. Sorry I can't be of more help. Mouser X over.

Cobrax1884

Banned
Um, agozer, i've posted in a thread that 001 files DON'T open in winrar.Open them in 001 joiner.
That should do it

Lightning

Emulator Developer
Actually, 001 could open in Winrar. It depends on what compressed it. Winrar will name files r?? or ??? based on the number of files and the specified extention. However, other compression utils also use a 3 digit number too (arj for instance). As a result, it becomes a guessing game as to what to use if there is no base file to open besides the 001.