What's new

I'm new so be gentle...

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
That didn't sound quite right did it? Anyways, a few quick questions. In all of my games, the far textures dont' show up. IE, in Zelda OoT, in the forest, the sky is all black. What's the problem? Also, in Goldeneye, some of the guns have blue parts to them as do some of the enemies. There also seems to be some problems with the lighting, my screen will get cut in a half for a moment. Do I need to get the Jabo stuff? If so, I tried to find it on this site but couldn't. Help? Here are my comp stats:

Windows XP
2 ghz Pentium 4
256mb RAM
512kb level 2 chache
Soundblaster Live! sound card
32mb video RAM
ATI Rage 128 Ultra video card (I think...)

Thanks!

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
I assume since your posting here you are using Project64? If so what version? And what plugins do you have it using?

Now, and this is not meant to sound mean, but the ATI Rage 128 is a sad excuse for a video card. I have a Dell at work with one and as luck would have it I was able to talk my company into getting me a Nvidia GF4 MX420 (anything was better then that ATI).

My bet here is you have the latest PJ64 and plugins, but that card is causing your issues.

If you can't afford a new video card, you could try using Glide64 graphic plugin with Evoodoo 3DFX wrapper. This was the best solution I had before getting that other video card on my work box. Not the best solution, but things looked much better on Glide64 then any other D3D or OpenGL plugin with that card.

Glide64 plugin homepage
Evoodoo wrapper homepage
http://www.emutalk.net/ Check the bottom of the main page of the forums for downloads to these programs.

OP
GogoTheMimic

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
Yes, it's 1.5 And yes, I can't afford to get a better card. -_-

EDIT: I got those plugins and nothing is different... >_< Also, in Mario64, Mario's face is all black, in the beginning.

Last edited:

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
You are saying "nothing what-so-ever" is different?

1) You installed Glide64 into your plugin folder?
2) You installed Evoodoo in your main PJ64 folder?
3) You ran Evoodoo setup file and adjusted settings?
4) You selected Glide64 as your graphics plugin in PJ64?
5) You setup the Glide64 plugin settings?

And nothing looks better at all? That is very odd. On my work comp it helped quite alot. Yes, some things were still a little screwy (I think portions of Mario's face were black) and quite a few games would not work at all, but Mario64, Paper Mario, Zelda OoT/MM and others all looked pretty darn good in comparison.

Ah well, sry it didn't work for you. I'm still pretty new in N64 emulation so I'm not sure if I'm missing something or not, but sure sounds like video card all the way.

Maybe try some of the other gfx plugins from Emutalk's download section? See if one of those helps out.

good luck.

OP
GogoTheMimic

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
I'll try it again but I'm not sure. Oh, here's one of the pics of what the games look like to me...

OP
GogoTheMimic

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
I put everything where you said to and nothing happened. Not a single thing is better. In my Graphics Plugin options, only RGB Emulation and Direct3D HAL show up. Is that the problem?

MooCowSheep

To fix Zelda, download UltraHLE2064, and use the video plugin. To use the UltraHLE plugin, you have to download ultrahle2064 at http://ultrahle2064.com/. Then, you have to paste the xengine folder into the project64 folder, and then paste uhle_video.dll from the plugins folder into the Project64 plugins folder. Then, go to settings, and select UltraHLE video plugin. Then, go to graphics plugins settings, and select directx7. Then, Zelda would play without graphics errors (except for flames, they never look right on Rage 128s). That's how I got Zelda to work on my old Rage 128, until I got a Radeon, which improved everything. But, if you need to keep the rage 128, my suggestion would help loads.

Edit- Whoops! Wrong URL!

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Also it sounds like you have installed Glide64 and Evoodoo, but have not told PJ64 to use it? There are no Direct3D or RGB HAL settings for that plugin. And, AFAIK, Conker does not work properly at all with Glide64 (this may or may not be true, but I have never got it to look anything close those screenshots when using GLide64).

Once you installed Glide64 and Evoodoo you should have gone to

Options > Settings > Plugins

In the PJ64 menu. From there you can select which graphic plugin PJ64 is going to use. Make sure to set it to Glide64.

Most of Glide64's settings are already great for playing games so there should be no need to adjust them, but feel free if you are so inclined.

GogoTheMimic said:

EDIT: I got those plugins and nothing is different... >_< Also, in Mario64, Mario's face is all black, in the beginning.

Marios face being black is a classic video card problem (happens with old matrox cards too), new card is needed my friend, you can pick up a crappy gf2mx for about £15 ($20) these days

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
I thought I was right, but since I only use Glide64 with wrappers I didn't want to say for sure.

Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well, I use a wrapper, too, but cbfd hasn't been supported for a long time :)
If it works, I'm probably one of the first to know :D