What's new

iDeaS 1.0.0.6 Compatibility List

DeathRain99

Well, this has to do with compatibility, and about Sonic Rush (U), so I figured I should post it here. I figured out how to make it run partially... um, read on, you'll see. Someone tested and later I did, not knowing it had already been tested. According to the flash compat. program neither of us got it to work... however, now I've figured out a way to get to the menu's, very strangely, maybe it'll work for other games?

Okay, well, first you have to run a working rom, like Mr. Driller for example. (Not all might work) While it's at the intro doing it's thing with logos, click the 'open file' button folder thing. Choose Sonic Rush (U), and "just press play, you gotta do it anyway". Give it a couple seconds, and the bottom screen should blink a random color. It could be red, blue, white, or green from what I've seen. Anyway, knock in a combo of enter and z buttons, and you should make the color go to the top screen, keep doing it and the logos will start... Keep goin' :plain: ... Now you should give it a sec and it'll have the menu up. Just keep pressing enter and z till It gives you three options. All of them will make it crash unfortunately.

Now, if you ask me, it's strange that it works, and perhaps it can make other games that have black screens work as well. I only tested Lost Magic too, and it didn't work :(

The reason I post this is because I really want someone to try this also. Please. You never know if something like this could work, it did for Sonic Rush...

If you think I'm trying to make you waste 5 minutes of your life, I got some screens for proof:
sonicrush7dc.png

The top left screen is the top screen of the first step into the menu. The bottom left screen is if you let the game sit on the main menu, it appears to go ino a cinematic, but then it just crashes. The screen on the right is the screen after you pick the first option at the main menu. My crappy paintbrush text explains the rest.

Please test this also, I might just have some king of weird defectiveness with my computer :plain:

Edit - My bad. Sorry for the double post.

PS - Incase you didn't get my point, this post wasn't all about getting Sonic Rush into the menu's, but rather perhaps a method of getting other games that hang on black screens to work also.

PS2- Also, could someone try this with another version of Sonic Rush, like (E) or (J)? I can't get my hands on one at the moment.

Last edited:
OP
L

Low Lines

From what you are saying, it sounds like you are skipping intros, ie like with gamecube emulators how some of them need to be skipped in order to reach the menus. That would be great and all, but I don't think it should be counted or anything (with Compatibility I mean) because you said it crashes any soon afterwards meaning it still Doesn't Work. Maybe if Evrain or Lino hears about this, they could possible use it to increase compatibility for the next release or something, you know skipping the black screen like you said, but perhaps in a more stable form?? Who knows??

DeathRain99

Yeah, in my opinion it's worth me fooling with, but I just tried with Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (U) and Lost Magic (J) and it didn't seem to have any affect :(

I'll keep trying though, see what I can find. :)

(Great work with the compatibility list and keeping track of all this Low Lines. Keep it up :))

Last edited:

Cyberman

Low Lines I put a list of your meanings for the compatibility list as a sticky. If you change something I'll change it as needed. This will prevent people misunderstanding what is 'playable' etc. and unnecessary confusion. I should tell you that if something can be taken wrong it generally will be. LOL

The mods are here to help and keep everyone on the same page :)

If you want the thread the 'flash' list appears in Stickied I can do that. It also might be good to begin a bit of a FAQ in the forum. If you have the unction. (my goodness should I use longer words?)

Cyb

OP
L

Low Lines

Cyberman,
I'll think about, but thanks for backing us up and all and removing any unwanted no-thinkers, ie that dude who whined about NDS Emulation a while ago.

And hey DeathRain99, guess what!! I tested that hack thingy you told me about and it does work for Sonic Rush (U) sorry, I don't have access to the others regions. But I also tested some other games and I struck gold!!

Super Princess Peach (J) is able to go INGAME!! though cos its in JAP and the textures are all messed up, its not playable. But I also have some new info on this hack thing. You should check this thread for any games that change color of their screen and stay like that. Cos Princess Peach gets a white screen upon load and it doesn't need another game like Mr. Driller previous run to bypass the intros. Aww man!! As cool as this hack is, I refuse to include it with the compatibility list, since several other games I tested caused the Emulator to force shutdown which doesn't do too good for your PC. You should make your own thread for this and get other people to test this hack on more games, cos I bet there's at least a dozen others that will boot.

Here's Super Princess Peach (J)!!!
View attachment 30888View attachment 30889

DeathRain99

Haha! Yeah! That's sweet. And my mom thinks I do nothing on the computer, just 'cuz I click random things 'till it works. :D I'm still confused about how it happens, but if it works, hey, I have nothing against it.

I haven't tried any new games, but I plan on it later tonight, so hopefully I'll be able to edit with some news.

(Should there be a note in the compatibility file about running certain files, like 'intro hack' or something? Or should they still be left as unplayable due to the difficulty of opening it?)

Cheers,
DeathRain

spotanjo3

Cool but hack is not good so I think your, Lino, is better because it is normal that way just like real NDS so..no hack, ugh.

DeathRain99

^ I didn't really understand that, but I agree, I'd rather not run another file first, I just wish Lino luck or being able to skip the intro's or w/e is holding back those files from running. Hopefully, if we know why now, it'll make his job easier.

OP
L

Low Lines

That's precisely the reason why I'm not putting anything about this hack into the compatibility list, because it does not occur normally. Though I'm sure once Evrain sees this, he might become a little bit curious, but again it just isn't true emulation if you are playing around with it in a way that honestly shouldn't happen. Not that's it's bad or anything DeathRain99. I actually think it is either a falt in the code or the controls. Because iDeaS is clearly quite capable at emulating 2D graphics, probably because they are so similar to GBA, but it seems to have a few tweaks with the boot code or something. I bet provided that a game could go beyond the boot-up stage, there maybe 50 or so games that will suddenly work because they all have the same sort of format which they go by.:bouncy:

DeathRain99

Low Lines said:
That's precisely the reason why I'm not putting anything about this hack into the compatibility list, because it does not occur normally. Though I'm sure once Evrain sees this, he might become a little bit curious, but again it just isn't true emulation if you are playing around with it in a way that honestly shouldn't happen. Not that's it's bad or anything DeathRain99. I actually think it is either a falt in the code or the controls. Because iDeaS is clearly quite capable at emulating 2D graphics, probably because they are so similar to GBA, but it seems to have a few tweaks with the boot code or something. I bet provided that a game could go beyond the boot-up stage, there maybe 50 or so games that will suddenly work because they all have the same sort of format which they go by.:bouncy:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I hope we have the next update coming soon, hopefully with the boot-up fixed (Not to rush Lino or any others working on the project at all, time is meant to be taken :bouncy:)

spotanjo3

273 - Tottoko Hamutaro - Nazonazo Q Kumo no Ue no Hatena Jou (J) - touchscreen issues

274 - Onegai My Melody (J) - Nice intros but touchscreen issues

0275 - LostMagic (J) - Black Screen

spotanjo3

0276 - Biohazard Deadly Silence (J) - FMV is nice but fairly slow..ingame is graphic errors and when you choose your character...Chris for hard mode or Jill for normal but wont let me go any further...maybe touchscreen issues as well?

Last edited:

spotanjo3

0277 - appare shogi jiisan washi to shoubu ja (J) - ingame with some graphic errors but touchscreen issues ?? When I played it...wont do anything.

0278 - Kouchuu Ouja Mushi King Greatest Champion e no Michi DS (J) - Warning sign ...maybe save is need ? Cannot read the japanese warning sign.

0279 - Otona no DS Golf (J) - black screen

0280 - Spider-Man 2 (J) - black screen

0281 - yakitate choujou kessen pantastic grand prix (j) - Screen appears with "start or skip" but it crashes immediately before I have a chance to do anything about it.

0282 - zettai zetumei dangerous jiisan dangerous sensation (j) - Shown K.S.G logo and thats it.

spotanjo3

Thanks. I will continue to do so because iDeaS deserves it and Lino and his team did a great job, indeed. :)