What's new

I saw it...

2fast4u

ditto. the lightsaber battles were sweet though. i also liked how the story makes sense as a whole now, they did a nice job on that. by no means a bad movie but nothing overwhelming either.

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
To there own, each is
happy.gif

I liked it, ive not read a good review on it yet though.

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
I've heard from a lot of sources that the Spanish dub is much better. Could be true; hack out Hayden Whoeverthef-ckboybandreject's extremely wooden performance and complete lack of talent at conveying any kind of human emotion whatsoever, and throw in talented voiceover actors who are used to acting without things in front of them and you never know.
General Grievous may even usurp Jar-Jar's place as Worst CGI Creation Ever. A robot that not only has an annoyingly overdone voice but COUGHS..? COUGHS! WHAT IN THE F-CK IS THAT ABOUT... and I'm blanking the memory of that lizard thing out of my head forever. That atrocity just did not happen.
The stuff between Anakin and The Emperor was also rather rushed through and not entirely convincing in terms of motivation because of it. The "love" scenes were painful beyond belief - again down to Hayden. Had it not been for the gods-awful surfing part, the final fight would have actually made up for most of the film. As for the ending, I wish to personally eviscerate Lucas for the Darth Vader "NOOO". They could have done a lot more by extending the scene and having the place get REALLY trashed. Build some kind of intensity out of it. Throw in some kind of ceremony with Vader taken onboard a Star Destroyer and introduced for the first time, emerging from a shuttle much to the crews instant intimdation, have the Emperor present him with the Episode 4 red lightsaber then cut to the bridge overlooking early stages of the Death Star's construction and the rest of the film. A nice ominous ending.

Also I don't think I'm supposed to be practically cheering with joy at seeing Hayden cut in half... but hey. ;)

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

Have to agree with the above. Plus, I knew it was a bad idea to put Hayden in the suit. A short, scrawny Vader. Thanks George...

David Prowse > Hayden Christensen

revl8er

That Damn Good
I really enjoyed the movie, I thought the story of it was great and the fights were also equally great. The last scream that vader had at the end of the movie was lame though.

gokuss4

Meh...
Stalkid64 said:
A robot that not only has an annoyingly overdone voice but COUGHS..? COUGHS! WHAT IN THE F-CK IS THAT ABOUT...
If you saw the Star Wars clone wars cartoons, you would've saw his chest get crushed by force push.

I thought the movie was great. I do agree the acting was a bit horrid, but I knew it was gonna be, so I ignored that and just paid more attention to the fight scenes and special effects :p. Dude.. the love scenes were hella badly acted.

2fast4u

heh i totally forgot about the embarassing "NOOOOOOOOO"-scene. first problem is that this is so overdone its a movie cliché and beyond that, vader trying to scream is like ... uhm ... a lung cancer patient trying to scream. it was a bit whacked.

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
I love the fact that even though Hayden had a muscle suit and lifters under the Vader costume he still looked nowhere near Prowse standard.

Eagle

aka Alshain
GOing to see it this weekend... not reading this thread.

/me sticks his fingers in his ears

lalalalalalalalala I'm not listening.

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Isn't that one of the initial commands Lucas would use to `generate` a Star Wars movie these days..? ;)
It's followed by;
Load_ACTRHUMAN_OBI1
Load_ACTRCGI_YODA
Load_ACTRBLOCKOFWOOD_HAYDEN
Load_OBJ_SABER
Load_GENERICCGIBACDROPS
Load_STARWARSEPISODEIV_DIALOGUEMP3S /s RANDOMIZESNIPPETSMODE
RenderStarWarsMovie=1

(They just altered the number at the end for II and III respectively.)

Eagle

aka Alshain
I saw it, I agree with some of the above comments. I kinda thought they tried too hard to get everything in, and ended up going too fast. It almost seemed like one minute Anakin was reporting his findings about Darth Sidious to Windu, and the next he was killing Windu. Here I am good, now I'm evil. I expected more of a gradual fall into darkness, not and instantaneous change. It would have been better if they had less of the clone war in it and concentrated on the character developments. I though McGreggor's performace on the confrontation just after slicing Vadar was really well done. You can't get much more emotion than that. Padme's turnaround was just terrible. I mean, what the hell. In the first two movies shes this activist queen which goes to an activist senator and in the third she becomes a passive wife. I guess ol' Ani beat her into submission or something. Overall it was a good movie, but just didnt fit very well. It did explain a lot though, made all the pieces fit together in the story line into the original 3 movies. I cant help feeling some dissapointment though.