What's new

I rarely post, but this was so damn funny...

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Mikrosoft, I think you should know that Redah and I both are adults, and can afford to buy our own PC components. Unlike some, we don't have to worry about how much allowance we get. And I know that I have a full enough life (I'm sure Redah does as well). We just like talking techie sometimes.;)

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Milkrosoft said:
This is funny: people bragging about who has richer parents and less of a life than other people.

Right. Everything I own that supports my hobby, I worked hard for and paid for myself.. being a techie happens to be a life to some (such as.. myself, it keeps me paid and I enjoy it. Imagine that!).. I wouldn't have it any other way. I hate when people generalize about having such great "lives" .. hey, if it's such a bad thing, why are you here?

People like you really, really, piss me off. Way to derail the thread even worse than it was.

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
* PsyMan shuts it up and brings some pop-corn and beers for everyone...

Last edited:
OP
Redah

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
This thread is really going from one side to the other, then back, again to a different side, then upsidedown and then it goes back in time. Or something. It's becoming an entirely different thread than I imagined though :)

So now to turn to a different side again... feel sorry for Redah ;)

Seeing as I have never lived with my parents, or know my father at all, and not all foster parents in this world are nice (I've seen my fair share of bad apples) I realised I had to provide for everything I wanted myself. So, in response to Milkrosoft, yes, my entire Rig is bought by myself. And so is my house with attic, basement, 3 bedrooms, garage, large garden, wide open view, etc. My dogs are bought by me. My car is bought by me. My company is funded by me. No rich parents. No lottery. Hard work, 24/7.

How about you, milkrosoft?

WhiteX

Redah said:
This thread is really going from one side to the other, then back, again to a different side, then upsidedown and then it goes back in time. Or something. It's becoming an entirely different thread than I imagined though :)

So now to turn to a different side again... feel sorry for Redah ;)

Seeing as I have never lived with my parents, or know my father at all, and not all foster parents in this world are nice (I've seen my fair share of bad apples) I realised I had to provide for everything I wanted myself. So, in response to Milkrosoft, yes, my entire Rig is bought by myself. And so is my house with attic, basement, 3 bedrooms, garage, large garden, wide open view, etc. My dogs are bought by me. My car is bought by me. My company is funded by me. No rich parents. No lottery. Hard work, 24/7.

How about you, milkrosoft?

Way to go, dude!:cowboy:
I work like a donkey 24/7 to live and buy my own things, my country does not let me have all i want but i am happy with my rig, i am an AMD whore and Intel sucks!:icecream:

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Yeah Redah, sometimes when people see these posts (I am guilty of this too) we see the post, so we bitch at the post, mock the user making the post, without ever taking into consideration that the user is a real human being. You have my respect, as I know it's not easy to turn nothing into something. Psyman, let me take this moment to inform you that I was guilty of this act with you. So, as with Redah, I'd like to bury the hatchet ok? I don't care if I'm wrong or right, I know some of the things I said were pretty indecent to say to a dog (much less a human) so I will take this moment to apologize to you. And also to knuckles. I apologize for being so quick to jump the gun. Whether or not anyone decides to accpet my apology, is entirely up to them, but I put it on the table. That said, I will try in the future to be more considerate with my posts. I know this community works better when there isn't as much bickering.

Miretank

Lurking
Ahhhhh... is the showdown ending already? I'm on the third drink yet!..:p
I'm just kidding :). You guys made a great discussion, and everybody learned things here. Discussions are normal things in life. Teach and learn as well.
No regrets man. You guys shown that you really know about the stuff, and everybody (at least me) gained so much with this thread.
Keep up the good fights, or, um, I mean, work!:p

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
generalplot said:
Yeah Redah, sometimes when people see these posts (I am guilty of this too) we see the post, so we bitch at the post, mock the user making the post, without ever taking into consideration that the user is a real human being. You have my respect, as I know it's not easy to turn nothing into something. Psyman, let me take this moment to inform you that I was guilty of this act with you. So, as with Redah, I'd like to bury the hatchet ok? I don't care if I'm wrong or right, I know some of the things I said were pretty indecent to say to a dog (much less a human) so I will take this moment to apologize to you. And also to knuckles. I apologize for being so quick to jump the gun. Whether or not anyone decides to accpet my apology, is entirely up to them, but I put it on the table. That said, I will try in the future to be more considerate with my posts. I know this community works better when there isn't as much bickering.
Just noticed that you didn't bitch to someone who just posted that AMD is better... And you apologized for your attitude... In the same post... o_O
Just for that, you gained my respect generalplot :)
Since you're happy with your rig there's nothing to prove and no reason to do it :D

Apology accepted btw :icecream:. Maybe I over-reacted a bit on my previous posts...

DOGG

Just tried this superPI. I'm running an athlon 2600+ (thoroughbred B) on 512 ram. I have WinRK (compression prog) paused in the background, using IE, and have GTA:SA running as well in the task bar. I use single channel ram. The default for my CPU is 2083mhz with a 166 bus. I've got it running at 2200mhz on a 200 bus.

took 51 seconds for the 1m test.

Branz_mf

You guys, finally started to behave yourselves.
For this you all deserve candies.... :icecream:
I was really tired of this tech-talk popping up everywhere.!!!!

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
This has been a long interesting thread to read. whew!

Just for the record Futuremark's hall of fame , for PCMark04 the top 3 are AMD chips. The rest of the list being divided fairly even from there between Intel and AMD, however note there is over a 700 point spread from the first Intel (4th place) and the top seed. Pretty darn impressive showing for AMD.

I also noted that all (unless I missed one) in the 3DMark05 and 3DMark03 section are AMD based. Yes these are graphic based tests, but this clearly shows that top rigs are built using AMD. (and you will note below that I am an Intel user, so no bias here just pointing out facts).

I did not do any in-depth checking to see whom is OC'ing and how much and all of that. I'm sure all of them are doing some or very extreme. Still the tests are quite demanding on a system and tend to show that AMD is the chip to beat currently. No different then the ATI vs Nvidia rivalry.

Lastly I like to always buy what best fits my particular budget and will get the job done for me.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Hey LazerTag, just for curiosity's sake, could yo give SuperPI a run on the 1M test? I've been very curious to see how a P4E would handle it (as I'm thinking I may go that way, since I'm getting tired of waiting for a P5 ;)).

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
CPU upgrades should be the last thing on your mind right now. :p Get rid of that FX 5200!

Northwood, CPC, outperforms Prescott in most apps. Unless you plan on getting a 3.6>GHz Prescott, keep your NW and OC it.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
cooliscool said:
CPU upgrades should be the last thing on your mind right now. :p Get rid of that FX 5200!

Northwood, CPC, outperforms Prescott in most apps. Unless you plan on getting a 3.6>GHz Prescott, keep your NW and OC it.
Well the thing is, I did take it up to a 250 bus, but windows wouldn't boot up entirely. It got to a point where it said my system.cfg file was corrupt or missing, and to run an auto repair off the cd. I turned the speed back down to 200, and it booted right up again. Tried it several more times, still same error. I put my vcore up to from default through all levels of the voltages to 1.7, and still no luck. I don't know if it's possible with this chip (on my old P3 it was) to increase the multiplier a little and the bus to say 230-240. The way I used to increase the multiplier was with the jumpers on the mobo, but this board I have now is jumperless. Also, I managed to flash the bios in my card (see sig) to a 5500, where the core speed used to be 250 and the memory speed was 400, it is now clocked at 335 core 590 memory.;) But I'm still waiting on my 6600GT to get here (ordered it already) just slow delivery.

Last edited: