What's new

Hullo!! Come in^^ (nV vs. ATi)

Clements

It's the low amount of pixel pipelines and the 64-bit (some models use 32-bit) memory that cripple it rather than memory amount. Even a GeForce4 MX 440 is much faster since it uses 128-bit memory. It also lacks any pixel shaders. It's not because it's an NVIDIA card, I have an NVIDIA card and it's no slouch. ;)

omnislash124

I must say, it's based on preference more than needs. There are some definite advantages for one or the other, but both will be able to play any high end game out right now. My Geforce 6600GT is an awesome card that is capable of playing anything as long as my Processor meets the requirements. (1800+ is not impressive). But yes, I've seen some of my games run extremely smooth and fast. Then again, it's probably because I came from a S3 Graphics ProSavage DDR card to a Geforce 6600GT, but nevertheless, a great card. But I've heard great things about the other, so they're both strong condenders, especially the Radeon X*** series.

flow``

flow``
yeah.. your gf4mx was a value line card, also it is 3 generations behind current technology and lacks a lot of features on newer cards.. so regardless of drivers/dx version you're not going to be able to do certain things with it.

btw zeeky: sli is a joke :p