What's new

Hullo!! Come in^^ (nV vs. ATi)

pennsu

Hullo!! Come in^^

I always wonder whether ATi is better than Nvidia in playing games or absolute different??
Please tell me!!!

silenus

Poet from Hyperion
men are you trying to start an ati vs nvidia battle here

keep in mind that they always are trying to be the best
so from time to time one is better but the other comes with a better one

Coco

It basicly boils down to personal prefrence. Benchmarks will show ATI or Nvidia in the lead depending upon the month. They've been fighting it out for quite awhile and niether of them ever stay on top too long.

Either way it doesn't really matter, since both companies put out cards that are better then what you need to play any current PC game. Heck you can sit back on a Geforce 4 TI or ATI 9xxx sieres card and still play any game on the market today and they are 2 generations out of date already.

Fool

Me
raksmey1309 said:
I think ATi Chip is Better than nVidia.
I think nVidia chips are excellecnt and Ati chips are .. excelent too. Anyway Radeons X*** are good as GeForces 6***. Thats my opinion

Knuckles

1st: wrong forum for that
2nd:
sometime nV > ATi , sometime ATi > nV

you can't say "this one is better than the other" or "those sucks". On both side, some cards are better for some sort of thing. there's is "the best one" in general. It can be the best one for you if you play certain games that were based of a certain chipset ( like Doom 3 and nV).

anyway, it's up to preferences, some will prefer ATi , some will prefer nV. Both are good and there's no reason to insult or try to throw down one of them. On my side, I prefer nV cards but I know ATi ones are good ones too.

Clements

There should be no difference between which card Dolphin prefers to run under, but if there is a difference it is a bug that will be fixed.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
The only time one card is better then another is when using them in Linux, in which case, nVidia trouses ATI hands down because their driver support is inifinitly better. The X** line is just as good as the 6*** line.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
As many others already said the choise really depends on your needs. Specific graphics chips are faster with specific games. Other than that nVidia has better drivers support for non-Windows platforms, ATi cards require less power (which is good for laptops), nVidia's cards aready support SLI, Ati's cards are usually a little faster when Anti-aliasing is used... etc.

Last edited:

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
Everything depends on the games. Some games like nvidia som don't. Nvidia is better with Doom3, Ati is better with HL2. The drivers also controls what's best, i like the nvidias drivers better then ati's. But if we are talking hardware and performence i think that ati is leading (at the moment). But as they say it depends on the needs, the nvidia 6xxx series are supporting smartshader 3.0 ati's x series only 2.1.

Stezo2k

S-2K
They are practically the same, The Radeons are fastest in DirectX and the Geforces are the fastest in OpenGL, but still there is a balance between the 2 pretty much.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I've got an ATI card, I doubt there are any games I can't play properly that a nvidia person could ;) - If i put a nvidia card in here as expensive as my x800 pro it probably wouldn't make that much difference.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
I think that your signature image is too big and you should change it because it makes Baby Jesus very sad.

Stezo2k

S-2K
DuDe said:
I think that your signature image is too big and you should change it because it makes Baby Jesus very sad.
yeah agreed, you should resize it, i don't fancy adblocking it ;)

zeeky

EmuTalk n00b
pennsu said:
I always wonder whether ATi is better than Nvidia in playing games or absolute different??
Please tell me!!!
well if you can get a dual card setup then you shold get nividia

but if you can only get one card then you shold get ati

revl8er

That Damn Good
Like everyone said, it really just depends on your personal preference and what you need it for. I haven't tried an Ati card so I can't really say anything about them but I have always had a Nvidia card and I haven't had too much of a problem with them.

Miretank

Lurking
but i've a got a question: i have a GeForce4 MX 4000 64mb with Direct9 and the latest driver for it, i think its good enough for my emus but still can't emulate some thigs like blend mode. i wonder if its because of the memory (just 64mb) or it is because of being a Nvidia card...? does ATI cover up this lack? ah, i have 512 ddr and P4 2.4ghz