What's new

How to scare Bush

Eagle

aka Alshain
Sukh said:
Finally, I appreciate other people's cultures and to a lesser extent their religous beliefs BUT this is the main reason for conflict. As a person, I believe in the ideal of a fairly equal (i.e. no poverty, access to clean water, food, and broadband :D) world where people are free to move around without restrictions. Therefore I (and I stress I, not you :D) don't feel that I should in anyway support a nation just because I am a member of it or that I shouldn't disrespect someone else's country because it's their way of life. The only time I would 'fight for my country' is if my or my family/friend's lives were threatened, or for that matter the ideals that I uphold.

To conclude, frankly, who gives a shit? People shouldn't be so sensitive, conservative and il-liberal!

Yes, well thats what I'm trying to say but some people are offended by it. Personally I didnt care what he said about Old Glory, but other will and it seems as though my attempt to prevent an arugment between vamp and someone else started one :( Hindsight is 20/20. But then again it would be best if he had refrained from saying anything of that nature.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Eagle said:
Personally I think the majority of all our government leaders are incompetent but well thats just me, but just becuase the government consits of idiots doesnt mean the rest of the coutry is like that

Well, more important is who put them there. I don't know whether or not you decided to vote last election period, but if you didn't, and this goes for everybody, then your partly at fault. The hard cold reality is, most americans do not utilize their right to vote, and complain when the system goes in favor of the wealthier members of the nation, because the fact is, they DO vote, because they actualy pay attention to whats going on, and its not their fault that everybody else choses ignorance, because we do give them that right.

/me takes it off topic further in remembrance of a previous discussion.

And people still wonder why I am decensitized towards anybody who says that the wealthy only live off of the sweat of the poor, because they have the ability to fix their problems, just 9 times out of 10, when it realy comes down to it, they simply don't give a damn. ???

Eagle

aka Alshain
AlphaWolf said:
Well, more important is who put them there. I don't know whether or not you decided to vote last election period, but if you didn't, and this goes for everybody, then your partly at fault. The hard cold reality is, most americans do not utilize their right to vote, and complain when the system goes in favor of the wealthier members of the nation, because the fact is, they DO vote, because they actualy pay attention to whats going on, and its not their fault that everybody else choses ignorance, because we do give them that right.

/me takes it off topic further in remembrance of a previous discussion.

And people still wonder why I am decensitized towards anybody who says that the wealthy only live off of the sweat of the poor, because they have the ability to fix their problems, just 9 times out of 10, when it realy comes down to it, they simply don't give a damn. ???

Yes, I voted, and it was for Bush, but I was choosing the lesser of two evils. The problem is nobody who would be any good at it ever runs for president.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
well, you also have to remember the primary elections too, theres an even lesser turnout for that, and usualy a lot of good candidates run. I voted for John Mcain in the primary, but too many religious zealots (which our country is chock full of) hated the guy because he made a negative comment about religion, whereas bush happens to be protestant (or some christian demonation, hell if I know which specific one) thenceforth bush won the primary.