What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Hey! Offering Texture Help

Sebaslegrand

Re-Texturizer Newbie
Hey! Offering Texture Help -- Conker's Bad Fur Day!

Hello guys!
As you can see, I'm relatively new to this website, however, I have used a lot of your retexturizations in the past for Mario 64 and others... You've all been a great help and I find this community to be very nice!

Alright enough about my boring life experience! Onto about boring ME :king:
I'm 17 years old, I live in Quebec, Canada, my mother tongue is FRENCH but I am fully bilingual and english does not bother me one bit. Recently, I have downloaded, and finished Conker's Bad Fur Day for Nintendo 64 emulator, and since I do lots of Photoshop (Not really TEXTURES, but I still work with it a lot) I decided I would help retexturizing this game, as it needs to live on for many more years, as it is one of the best games on N64 ! I have checked some threads about this modding, but I intend to do area retexturizing and just work on it when I can ( I don't PROMISE it will be finished, I don't even know if I'll be good at it!) and post my creations here... So, I can't really say if it's going to be shitty or not! I hope you will give me credit where it's due and bad comments when they are needed! If it's bad, I need to know! I won' be mad, in fact I'll be happy =]

Anyways so yeah, I was wondering if someone could extract as many textures from Conker's BFD and put them in a RAR and I will edit them then! I have never extracted them before, if it's not too hard you guys can just tell me how I haven't checked yet for tutorials on how to do this, so sorry if there is a thread about this here!

Also, I will be doing practically nothing for the next weeks, it's summer vacation and I'm really bored since it's always raining here! :( And since I like hockey, well it's a bad time for it, don't ya think? )

So yeah, I'll stop here in case people just "TL;DR" Me :whistling :saint:
(TL;DR : Too long ; Didn't Read) :p

So if you have any comments, Ideas, or you can get me these textures, it'd be greatly appreciated! Oh, and I'm studying in computers, so I'm not illiterate in this domain ;) I have done some retexturizing of Mario 64 textures I downloaded from here, from those great packs you all made! :king:

Thanks Again!
Sebas

Last edited:
OP
S

Sebaslegrand

Re-Texturizer Newbie
I read some of the threads about conker retexturizing and I am surprised at how many people want this done, however, still no reply whatsoever :plain:
If you guys want me to do this, tell me :king:

mode7

Well, I love Conker and I once really wanted to do this - would be much fun actually.
But there is already a remake of conker on the xbox - so why bother?

death--droid

Because many people don't have the xbox version of it :( (Like me)
Plus you can play the nintendo one on the computer.

OP
S

Sebaslegrand

Re-Texturizer Newbie
Well, I love Conker and I once really wanted to do this - would be much fun actually.
But there is already a remake of conker on the xbox - so why bother?

Quite frankly, I really don't like it. When XBOX made it, it completely ruined the experience we once had with CONKER'S BFD on N64... I really hate it a lot, and when I first bought it thinking it'd be an awesome sequel... Well I was wrong and really deceived at the fact that it was so bad now... It looks more like a shooting game than the fun game it used to be. I don't want it to become Halo 4 I want my old conker back :( Sorry for the rant :unsure: :party:
And uh... I returned the game to the store without finishing it :borg:

Because many people don't have the xbox version of it :( (Like me)
Plus you can play the nintendo one on the computer.

I have (err, no... HAD) the Xbox version, but like I said, Didn't like it, and returned it. And the fact that you can play those old awesome classics on the computer makes me want to continue on this project (Well, start it, nevertheless :p) because I'm a computer geek and my old 64 is buggy now :( And modding the graphics makes the experience even better and enjoyable :)

So..... If you're interested let me know :) I need those textures so if anyone can get them or tell me how to do it, it'd be greatly appreciated! =]

Last edited:

Kazangwa

Quite frankly, I really don't like it. When XBOX made it, it completely ruined the experience we once had with CONKER'S BFD on N64... I really hate it a lot, and when I first bought it thinking it'd be an awesome sequel... Well I was wrong and really deceived at the fact that it was so bad now... It looks more like a shooting game than the fun game it used to be. I don't want it to become Halo 4 I want my old conker back :( Sorry for the rant :unsure: :party:
And uh... I returned the game to the store without finishing it :borg:

I have (err, no... HAD) the Xbox version, but like I said, Didn't like it, and returned it. And the fact that you can play those old awesome classics on the computer makes me want to continue on this project (Well, start it, nevertheless :p) because I'm a computer geek and my old 64 is buggy now :( And modding the graphics makes the experience even better and enjoyable :)

Amen. A thousand times amen and a round of applause for you sir. Everyone always passes aside requests for a conker retexture, simply mentioning the Xbox version as compensation. But they really did change the whole feel of the game, even with tweaks other than the minor script changes. Conker was cool because it made do with the technology at the time, and it did what not many other Nintendo games before did.

Even the low polygon count that looks so primitive is part of the game. The only thing I would ever want changed is the textures. The amazing multiplayer from the Nintendo 64 version was removed from the Xbox port as well, and that was one of the selling points for all my friends and I.

Conker's Bad Fur Day is the one game I really want retextured.

OP
S

Sebaslegrand

Re-Texturizer Newbie
I was hoping people would agree with me, because when I said that in real life to people, they all looked at me like "Wtf, are you retarded? Did you see those crappy graphics? L&R looks so much better !"........ And I thought I was pretty much alone thinking this at the time, lol...

And anyways, yeah, back to the subject...
I will then do the conker retexture, I can't wait to start doing it, so if anyone can send me those textures in a RAR I'll start right away! Or a link to a tutorial on how to extract these textures, because I didn't seem to find one here yet... I didn't really check but meh... I'll go now and edit this post if I do find one :)

OP
S

Sebaslegrand

Re-Texturizer Newbie
Alright, I found this tutorial teaching me how to dump texture files... It worked perfectly and it also gave me 3 hours worth of sorting through 22 000 files and get the textures I needed! I finally got rid of 21 000, leaving me with approx. 1 000 textures. Now I looked at that and I was like... WTF ? They are so small! I will try my best I guarentee nothing, so bare with me... First thing I'll retexture is the "B" stand where you get to do some actions when you press B, that little "slope" or button, or however you wanna call it! and I'll post the results here when I'm done. Now I'm going to bed so it'll be tomorrow or in 2 days! :)

Thanks, and bare with me, hehe.... ;)

mode7

I'd be really interested how it will look. Conker is a massive game with an insane amount of textures (just to get the relations: OoT has a huge amount of textures in it's 256mbit - conker has 512 (yeah I know a lot of speech in there too))!.

So what I want to suggest to you experiment with it , thats ok but don't do it Rambo style. A retextures going in there alone and get killed in the jungel (to keep the metaphor). With the exception of Dipij, no on can do such a thing alone (And even he was working on that for 5 years). Believe me, I know what I'm talking about.

Another problem was (back when I tried to do Conker) that it isn't 100% emulated, so this is another issue.

cerebus5

Conker's BDF on the N64 actually had great textures - for the N64. I remember being pretty impressed when it came out.

mode7

Very true, some of the expansion pack games actually have very nice textures. The best example is Goldeneye which hardly needs a retexturing at all.

I think it's harder to retexture a game with good textures. That's the reason why Mario 64 is good for practice - it has shitty textures by todays standarts. OoT has some really good textures so it's harder - at least the resolution is low since it is a none expansion pack game.

OP
S

Sebaslegrand

Re-Texturizer Newbie
Yeah, I know what you mean about how long it's going to take! I saw the 5 year project, and it's unbelievable! But I don't think I will do a full conker retexture, because there are so many but OH so many small textures you don't even know with what they go... And even then, I'll have to find a way to make them bigger, and then make them higher quality... What do you think I should do? 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, 32x, 64x ? Is the game going to lag if I do everything in 64x for example, probably it will lol..., but what do you guys think is the best ratio for it to stay un-laggy and playable?:drool:

mode7

hm, it depends on the texture. some textuzres are massively scaled so you need to put a higher resolution there. For most cases 4x to 8x will be enough. Of course you can always go for a higher resolution and rescale later.

OP
S

Sebaslegrand

Re-Texturizer Newbie
Yeah ok, I'll browse through what I have and I'll selectively choose what to retexture first, and post my results here for further commenting and tips :) :p

OP
S

Sebaslegrand

Re-Texturizer Newbie
Alright I made some random texture real quick ( It is BAD I know, It was a 2 minute job just for testing) Now here is the file, I increased the size of the original texture to 800% the size... Now can someone tell me why it doesn't load ingame??

Before :
91juvo.png

After :
1z71ycm.png

You can all try it if you want, the name of the file is this :

BFBC65F3E7D28D20B0692F7EB7B32727.png

Thanks for the help :)

Last edited:
OP
S

Sebaslegrand

Re-Texturizer Newbie