What's new

Here comes the winter!

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Yep, it is that time of the year again, where all the bitches stack on lots of clothes, and makes us men go to great lengts to score a little something-something. Nah, i´m just kidding:p

Anyway, the cold season is upon some of us. At least that´s the case here. 3 1/2 degrees minus last time i checked. This is great for me, because in the winter i like to do some early morning strolls, before the sun comes up. Here is the perfect start for me: I get up REALLY early, 4-5 am tops, get on my favourite jacket, grab my mp3 player and i go out. No goal whatsoever, i just go. My longest walk is 6 1/2 glorious hours, with breaks that lasted under a minute. I am dead serious, believe it or not.

I would suggest to you all (Especially the chubby ones) to take advantage of the cold weather, and work on a sweat. I find it easier when it´s cold, and it works. And it feels great. A minimum limit should be at least 2-3 hours. YES. I don´t think you will regret it. And for crying out loud, don´t do it in the evening, you won´t be able to sleep.

Seriously...Try it. No exercise in the world (At least not anything i´ve tried) beats an early morning stroll in the cold weather. Wear a nice and comfy jacket though, your not supposed to freeze.

Enjoy, assholes:p

A.I.

Banned
12 years ago I used to live in Antartica - true story - i was stationed with a bunch of scientists annaylising penguin droppings, since i had no scientific background i was the guy who collected the stool samples, i scooped them up and put them in a container and labelled them. Then i woke up from watching documentary...

Allnatural

I do a lot of hiking in the winter too. I love the cold, and there are no bugs.

No 6 1/2 hour jaunts thank you (crazy bast) but I generally do about 3 miles a couple times a week.

OP
E

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
The 6 1/2 hour hike wasn´t exactly planned, it just happened. I don´t regret it, though. Btw, when i woke up today, things looked so light outside through my curtains, and ZOMG!!! Snow dudes, snow. In october. Holy sh!t! That has not happened for as long as i can remember.

A.I....o_O

EDIT: Holy cow, it´s snowing now. Really big snowflakes, too. Wow, what a sight!

Last edited:

Azimer

Emulator Developer
F Snow! F Cold! F Winter!!! I'll take my chances with malaria infected mosquitoes than subzero weather.

OP
E

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Bullshite, Az! You know you love it!

I honestly can´t imagine living in a country where it´s warm all the time. I mean, you HAVE TO get tired of it, c´mon! A friend of mine in Aus think 20 degrees is cold, what a pussy! Try 20 degrees MINUS, then you´ll get an idea of what cold is.

If any of you take the walks i....prescribed, you will actually feel quite warm. Just perfect, if you dress up for it. A nice jacket with a warm hood, and you´r good to go.

It has stopped snowing here, and it started raining instead. Snow gone.

OP
E

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
It is SNOWING here, people! Pure, powder white snow(Shut up, i mean REAL snow)
NICE. Maybe we will get the first white Christmas in MANY years. Nothing like a white Christmas.

Christmas evening, lots of snow outside, dimmed lightning in the room, presents under the tree...That is my DREAM! I´m kinda cheesy that way.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
It is SNOWING here, people! Pure, powder white snow(Shut up, i mean REAL snow)
NICE. Maybe we will get the first white Christmas in MANY years. Nothing like a white Christmas.

Christmas evening, lots of snow outside, dimmed lightning in the room, presents under the tree...That is my DREAM! I´m kinda cheesy that way.

:yucky: :yucky: :yucky: F Snow! F Scraping my Windows every day! :yucky: :yucky: :yucky:

A.I.

Banned
Believe it or not i have only seen snow once in my life when i was a small boy. My house is in the middle of a desert, no not really...

smcd

We had a mild snow/freezing rain combo last night but not terrible. I managed to drive w/o having to spend 10 minutes scraping the windows on my truck first

Cyberman

Yes Always good not scraping that white 'stuff' from a vehicles windshield (dang it).

And snow is a four letter word here, (think epithet) one gets tired of the same old white stuff being removed from your car your hair your shoulders your sidewalk your driveway. The road, however I guess winter is necessary to just really dry at times.

Cyb

OP
E

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
:yucky: :yucky: :yucky: F Snow! F Scraping my Windows every day! :yucky: :yucky: :yucky:
Az...With all due respect (Because you are a mod) Shut the fuck up. I heard you the first time:shifty:Just playing, dude. I hate the snow sometimes too. But when they are in...reduced portions, so to speak, then it´s nice. I thought the snow would melt away now, since it has been vanishing a bit for the past few days, but it has started snowing again now. When the snow melts a little, and THEN freeze again...That is shit. That is the worst.

A white Christmas. The reason i want that, is because it´s a kind of magic. And childhood memories of past Christmases with me and my brothers playing in the snow...Good times. Very good times. Besides, snow and Christmas lights are a match made in heaven. It´s strange really, we haven´t had a white Christmas in many years. Had a close one, the day before Christmas, but the next day it was gone. WEIRD:eek: