What's new

GTA3 + VC on XBox

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
pandamoan said:
lol, pcp makes you physically violent, maybe you are searching for a hallucinogen? That seems to be your implication. Maybe you mean gypsum weed?

just a thought. :D

and nintendo certainly is a monopoly in the handheld market. they have no real competition as of right now.

and if BLOCKBUSTER isn't a monopoly, maybe my definition is off. There's no other video chain but blockbuster in california.

and blockbuster is a part of viacomm, which is a part of.....etc etc. so yeah, these corporations are in many ways by most definitions, monopolies.

:(

but i will lay off the pcp, as it can really wreak havoc on your body, and is not primarily a hallucinogen anyway... ;)

Nobody was ever disputing Nintendo's current market dominance with regard to handheld consoles. However, as DuDe put it, this is only because of nobody else entering a better machine to rival their own. Does this make Nintendo's 'monopoly' something to scowl at? Hardly.

To summarise what I've tried to put across in the last couple of posts, I think that it's wrong to simply group the likes of Nintendo along with companies such as Microsoft, simply because it's a different situation altogether. Nintendo aren't making it hard for anybody else to compete with them. Microsoft, on the other hand, are doing everything they can to stop the likes of Linux ever becoming overly popular. Thus, it would seem Microsoft, and not Nintendo, are the money-grabbers in question.

And really, that's all I've got to say about that.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Just FYI, GameCube is second overall worldwide (not by much), but Xbox is second in the US and most of Europe (not by much). They're quite effectively tied.

Macca

heard of japan?

i dont see why people here dot ever look at figures anymore, the recent price drop of gc has done wonders in sales

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
pandamoan said:
and my definition of monopoly is a company WITHOUT competition.

Blockbuster does not currently have competition.... a few independents here and there straggling and struggling hardly define competition.

So because independent video stores aren't a network, they don't pose competition to Blockbuster? Well, if it was so, there wouldn't be any independent video stores out there, would they? Because the competition would kill them? But that is not the case, is it?

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
pandamoan said:
and xbox and gamecube are NOT tied in the us.
the xbox is demolishing the gamecube, so a tie in europe and a severe thrashing in the us doesn't really equal a tie over all. simply put the xbox has some very real advantages DESPITE it's serious cost disadvantage.

Actually, it's closer in the US than in Europe. Xbox is hardly 'thrashing' GCN here.

And if you look at Japan, the PS1 has in fact sold more than Xbox in some odd months in the last two years. :flowers: GCN is destroying Xbox in Japan.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Poor public image? Go to a video game store, and go look at the PS2 rack. Then look at the GCN's rack. If you can't tell me you see what the problem is, I honestly don't know what to tell you.