What's new

Graphic problemssss

zhorax

mmmm, PJ64 still doesnt work..
I used to play N64 roms all the time on my old pc, but i bough myself a new one, and now i have the following problem :

I downloaded PJ64 on your official site. I unpacked it and opened it, and it said : "Direct3D failed to initialize your HAL device. Make sure you have a properly configured 3D graphics card compatible with Direct3D 6.0.

"Failed to initialize graphics".

I have an ATI RADEON 9600 256 MB video card. I also have Direct3D 9.0 installed on my computer,,, so whats the problem?

I would like to hear as soon as possible from you, cause i dont know what to do without the ocarina of time, soooo plzzz reply... :D:D

laterzzzz...

(and plz dont tell me its a bad card :(..... )

OP
Z

zhorax

zhorax said:
I used to play N64 roms all the time on my old pc, but i bough myself a new one, and now i have the following problem :

I downloaded PJ64 on your official site. I unpacked it and opened it, and it said : "Direct3D failed to initialize your HAL device. Make sure you have a properly configured 3D graphics card compatible with Direct3D 6.0.

"Failed to initialize graphics".

I have an ATI RADEON 9600 256 MB video card. I also have Direct3D 9.0 installed on my computer,,, so whats the problem?

I would like to hear as soon as possible from you, cause i dont know what to do without the ocarina of time, soooo plzzz reply... :D:D

laterzzzz...

(and plz dont tell me its a bad card :(..... )

OP
Z

zhorax

sry, but i sended it in twice... (cause it was my 1st topic, and I didnt quite know how to do so,,, so...)

Still hoping for lots of replies...

thnx

OP
Z

zhorax

I only have 2 graph plugins: direct3D 6 and 7... sry guys, I dont know much about that kind of stuff :(...

Matata

Novato Experimentado
Mhhh. I´m not sure if it will fix it but you could try downloading the lastest drivers for your card.
And yes, you have an exellent card...

OP
Z

zhorax

I allready have the newest drivers for my card, so that can't be the problem,,,

(sry for my bad englisch as well :D)

Trotterwatch

Ensure you are using DX7 or above.... (edit: just noticed that was in your first post... hope you edited that in, and I'm not going mad!) lol

Also try turning your desktop to 16 bit colour.

Last edited:
OP
Z

zhorax

I have DirectX 9.0b and 16-bit standart....., what's next?, btw, how can i edit my profile, so u can c what kind of pc i have?

Last edited:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Radeons don't require 16-bit color. 16-bit color *only* applies if you have SiS or Intel video hardware, unless the video hardware was manufactured before 2000.

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Yes they don't require it, but it's worth checking just in case. I can remember this solution helping at least one person in the past.

I understand that the 32bit rule generally only need apply to those cards either unable to run 32bit full screen (voodoo 3 etc) or unable to run 32bit windowed.

/back on topic

Try going to:

Start>Run>and type: dxdiag
Now go to adaptor tab - ensure D3D HW Acceleration is active, you may wish to run the diagnostic tests while you are there.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Trotterwatch said:
Yes they don't require it, but it's worth checking just in case. I can remember this solution helping at least one person in the past.

I understand that the 32bit rule generally only need apply to those cards either unable to run 32bit full screen (voodoo 3 etc) or unable to run 32bit windowed.

/back on topic

Try going to:

Start>Run>and type: dxdiag
Now go to adaptor tab - ensure D3D HW Acceleration is active, you may wish to run the diagnostic tests while you are there.

Onboard SiS, Intel and Voodoo 3 video hardware don't support 32-bit color, even windowed. To run 3D games, with the above hardware, you are required to change the desktop color setting to high color (16-bit), otherwise, the games will fail and many 3D software will display an error message.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
off-topic sorry

"The Rocking PC Wiz"

Are people allowed to type their own descriptions in now?

OP
Z

zhorax

I tried all the direct3D tests from Direct3D7 to 9, and they where all completed succesfully. 16-bit doesnt work as well.... Thnx for your tips though...

(im gettin quite desperate here........)

OP
Z

zhorax

Tried everything you all have posted so far, and it still doesnt work,,,, I
apreciate it though... But still desperate :(