What's new

glNintendo64() v0.4 high-res framebuffer emulation

Shin_Gouki

THX Clements :)
(perhaps its an idea to collect the working games here in a thread but as the new version aproaches soon i´ll spare this idea for this version)
wbr Shin Gouki

Trotterwatch

Perfect speed, even idle 36%? Very impressive.

Orkin, a small question but I know your main improvements are targetted at the Radeon 9700 series of cards, but would the Radeon 8500 also be likely to see improvements?

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Stop... tempting... me... :p

Trotterwatch said:
Orkin, a small question but I know your main improvements are targetted at the Radeon 9700 series of cards, but would the Radeon 8500 also be likely to see improvements?

I dunno about the framebuffer stuff, but he mentioned once that the combiners should work on 8500+ cards.

Clements

Even my GeForce MX works with the fast frame buffer. It's very fast. I should imagine most cards will benefit greatly from it. It is also at a high resolution too, as the screenshots show. :)

OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
The Khan Artist is right, the new combiner should work just as well with a Radeon 8500 as a Radeon 9800. I wrote the new non-GeForce combiner pretty video card inspecific; it'll detect whatever capabilities the card supports and use it.

The framebuffer emulation doesn't require any extensions, so in theory it should work with any card that supports OpenGL. Although it will probably work best on a card with at least 64MB of VRAM because the framebuffer textures take up a good amount of memory.

In the future I might make the framebuffer emulation use the pixel buffers and non-power-of-two extensions, but I'll still leave the old mode as well.

Orkin

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Well the pics look great! And by the sound of it, the plugin really has come a long way. We are in for a sure treat once it comes out me thinks.

gnearo

I'm new to theese forums ;-)

this plugin looks awesome, looks like its the first good looking plugin that works with Radeons... I am hoping it works with my radeon 9700 ;D

One thing i'd like to see in a n64 gpu is like petes plugin for PSX, a frame limiter that you can specify, eg running at 70 fps instead of 60 just makes it that much nicer to play. Just a wish ;-)

keep up the great work!!!!!

jack

gnearo said:
I'm new to theese forums ;-)

this plugin looks awesome, looks like its the first good looking plugin that works with Radeons... I am hoping it works with my radeon 9700 ;D

One thing i'd like to see in a n64 gpu is like petes plugin for PSX, a frame limiter that you can specify, eg running at 70 fps instead of 60 just makes it that much nicer to play. Just a wish ;-)

keep up the great work!!!!!

That's not a very good idea. The emu do have options to set either 50 or 60 fps. Except if you select the wrong setting, the sound would be out of sync, and a bunch of things would go wrong. I'm guessing that's why there's no such option yet.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
jack said:
That's not a very good idea. The emu do have options to set either 50 or 60 fps. Except if you select the wrong setting, the sound would be out of sync, and a bunch of things would go wrong. I'm guessing that's why there's no such option yet.

I agree with what you are saying, but I must say this cause it may be my only chance....

"YOU DON'T KNOW JACK!" :)

"that's right, that's right, we bad, un-huh"

just one of those moods I guess. :w00t:

Knuckles

I might me the first. :holiday: happy birthday Orkin!! :holiday:

From Emutalk :
Happy birthday to: dbuffett (28), crash1 (26), Grant64 (23), whodas (21), Orkin (20) , wisin_15 (17), drittz (17), beastdragon (17)

I hope you wont work on you plugin toda and relax :)!

Have a great day!

Last edited:

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
:beer: :party:

:holiday:

:luck:

glN64-Smilie.gif
:inlove:

I think that says it all. :D

NeoNight

lol what he said ^ haha am 1 year older then you orkin :p and happy b-day... 1 more year and you can get drunk legally!

uh the plugin told me to tell you this lol

Microcode CRC: 0xf89248e1
Microcode Data CRC: 0x00000000
Microcode Text: RSP Gfx ucode F3DLX 0.95 Yoshitaka Yasumoto Nintendo.

I got that from mario kart 64 (U) [!] during the first circut... while switching to the next level... that farm level.. I had the hardware buffer textures option on everything else was defualt... using 1964 the latest version

omg very good job on this plugin orkin! I was playing smash bros on nemu 64 and the game is emulated with about 98.9 accuracy! everything from the 2d sprites showing up properly to the "feel" of the game is like the way it would play on tv! (thats the best way I could describe it)

Last edited: