What's new

glNintendo64() v0.4 high-res framebuffer emulation

stormyandcol

Helium Wish are coming...
Looks great!

excellent work orkin :happy:

i think your plugin is 1 of the cleanest around and while support isn't as good as the others, each release is very noticably better.

you also seem to have a clear vision of where you're taking the plugin. i also like the fact that unlike Icepir8's plugin, there seems to be almost nothing broken with each release, making each 1 a viable release.

great work, definately up there along with rice's unofficial as the 2 to watch out for. :satisfied

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
^ what they said :emutalk: <--- needs a glnintendo64 owns joo sign :n64: :p

I wonder if the new way of doing the frame buffer will effect that screen that messes up in goemons great adventure (which shows this black wavy screen instead of the water/objects..ect during the underwater stages like in jabo's plugin, which was the only thing wrong with that game using his plugin, well the only thing I could see anyway)

Last edited:

linker

Emutalk Member
I wonder if dr.mario will be working in the next release now when you handle the framebuffer (in your own way). Well, i hate this game and every question about it, but just wondering ;).

Clements

Jabo's known issues don't even pose problems to you Orkin! Simply stunning. Can't wait to try it!

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
now, onto business...

* pj64er get on his knees

please, please add proper support for Radeons, Im feeling really left out with the quality difference between Radeons and Geforces :cry:

I may totally be talking out of my ass here, but wouldn't an ARB2 combiner fix the problems? I'm pretty sure ARB2 can do everything nVidia's extensions can do. I'm not, however, sure which ATi cards support it. I know the Radeon 9500 and up do, but I don't know about older cards.

CaptainN

Orkin said:

There are some downsides to this method though, for one thing I can't make it nearly as complete as regular frame buffer emulation (for instance, I can't emulate the CPU modifying the frame buffer), but it should work nicely with many games.

Is is possible to do the CPU framebuffer modification with a shader program (or whatever the executable code on the GPU is called)? It would only work for newer GPU users (I guess), but it would at least work.

Also is there any chance that the next version will work for us lowly TNT2U users :-D ?

thanks

L

Linkin Park

cool! its good and fast ( even with my gf2mx card ):blush:

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Actually, yes, the CPU modifications could be special-cased and manually HLE'd via fragment programmes. Well, some of them anyway. :)

And by the way, in the CATALYST3.2 feature set they mention that frame upload rates to main RAM have been sped up some 500%... hmm... cool stuff there too.

CaptainN

I figured out my TNT2 problem, its not a TNT2 problem :)

I have my plugins in the directory "plugins". Everytime I loaded the glNintendo64().dll it was trying to write a .ini file to the directory "plugin" (which is hard coded into the source), and that was crashing the emulator. I just created the "plugin" directory and now the plugin works (and beautifully I might add).

Maybe another method for determining the directory for the ini file could be considered for the next version?

Anyway, thanks for a great plugin, and I look forward to the next release.

Yogi

Is v0.4 out already? If not, then its still news. Anyway, the latest screenshots is not as good as this thread's IMO.

BTW, i came to this thread from another thread.

Clements

DarkInferno said:
I'd like to test this new version. alpha, beta, or whatever.
Can you post it on the download section?
I think we would all like to do that... It will be released when it is released, then you can test it to your heart's content :). Does look stunning though.

Shin_Gouki

:akuma:
these pictures have an outstanding quality im deeply impressed.
keep up the very good work orkin !!

I don´t know if its ok to ask here (If there is a generel thread where i can post glNintendo64 questions (and may be will be answered) plz give me a link)
so:
does any game run with glNintendo64?
If not is there a list of supported games?

wbr Shin Gouki

Clements

Shin_Gouki said:
I don´t know if its ok to ask here (If there is a generel thread where i can post glNintendo64 questions (and may be will be answered) plz give me a link)

The 'Plugin' forum would be the most relevant place to post your glNintendo woes. ;)

Shin_Gouki said:
so:
does any game run with glNintendo64?
If not is there a list of supported games?

The current version works with a number of games, some really well indeed, so you must try it out with your games (no compatibility lists exist) As for the next release, lets just say its a huge improvement. Orkin will reveal the details when he is ready.