What's new

glN64 v0.4

gnearo

I'm getting other errors in Majora's Mask, In the menu the background looks like what happens when you walk through walls in doom2 ;-) it starts replicating and stuff. And after pressing "R" or "Z" buttons the screen locks up completely.

I've tried using hardware frame buffer textures, It didn’t make a difference as where it does in OoT

http://www.drop-zone.org/mmmenu.jpg

IceFlow2

Bit of positive feedback from a radeon owner:
Perfect Dark looks really good and hasnt crashed yet.

Also Killer Instinct Gold is really well emulated but unfortunatly it crashes. Your plugin looks like it will be very good indeed when you work out what is causing the crashes and weird graphics.

What sort of settings should us radeon owners be looking at using for most games?

You know in 1964 how if you right click on a game in the hud it brings up a whole host of options? Do we have to change anything there?

Bandit82

One problem...

problem.JPG

dazey238

Orkin - great stuff, the plugin just keeps getting better and better and this new release is a huge step forward, well done!

My favourite game is Mario Golf and it looks like your plugin is getting closer to problem-free emulation. The only things that are wrong are that some of the grass textures are corrupted in-game, and when taking your shot the graphics are corrupted like they are in Jabos plugins (pre 1.5). If these are fixable in a future version then you would undoubtedly be a god among men! :)

Again, well done on such a great plugin!

wow.. it is amazing with my Radeon 7000/K6-2 computer, very fast, and beutiful ( as far as that combo goes ). But i still perfer this computer with it's Voodoo 5 and Glide64. But does it have 2xSai? NO, which stinks, so i have to use my K6-2 for that. Also, it runs 98, and it's perfect with 1964 and every game i have except Mario Party 2. it doesn't go in to the game with glN64 0.4, but it does with older versions and jabo's DX6 plugins. Strange, but i don't play MP2 that much..

IceFlow2

Banjo Kazooie works well now.
The game speed is much better with your plugin compared to jabo's and the text is not as rugged.

Good stuff
I really want to see KI Gold and Mario Tennis better emulated cos so far they are unplayable with any plugin.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Banjo-Kazooie is nice on this plugin, but if i switch to full screen while playing it alot of textures get screwed up, I have to restart the emu to fix this problem

Last edited:

Moose Jr.

Raging Moose
Sayargh said:
Banjo-Kazooie is nice on this plugin, but if i switch to full screen while playing it alot of textures get screwed up, I have to restart the emu to fix this problem

I successfully replicated this problem in 1964. Switching full screen bit depth to 16 bit should do ya' right. :) Tell us if it works.

IceFlow2

Some more feedback:

Playable & better:
Perfect Dark- much faster & looks better
Banjo Kazooie- looks fantastic & correct speed
Diddy Kong's Racing- little better looking
Majora's Mask- looks heaps better
Wayne Gretsky's 3D Hockey- Looks better

Playable:
Mario64- sort of jumpy, a little unstable perhaps.
[edit] might be 2xSaI
Airboarder 64 - Won't stretch in full screen & Slow.

Not playable but better:
KI Gold- crashes
Mario Golf- crashes after an error message

Unplayable:
Starfox64- weird graphics
Mario tennis weird graphics then crashes
F1 World Grand Prix- screen goes black then crashes

Won't load:
Conkers Bad Fur Day
Starcraft 64
Starwars-Shadows of the Empire
Donkey Kong 64- black screen

Overall This plugin is excellent because it allows me to play three games so far that I could'nt previously & the in-game text isn't as blocky as Jabo's, Thankyou.

Last edited:

IceFlow2

When I try to play BANJO TOOIE it comes up with this screen and I cant do anything!!!

Its really weird. I could swear that that screen is from Banjo Kazooie and the music in the background it from Banjo Kazooie too!!!

Last edited:

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
For me, Star Fox has the same border problem as Wave Race. Also, when at the level select screen, the plugin's CPU usage gets very high, and makes the game slow down a lot, similar to Jabo's. If 2xSaI is on at the level select screen, the plugin will crash after a few seconds. Otherwise, it just keeps getting slower.

Finally, some of the ground polygons get clipped when they are not supposed to be.

nullroute

Lost and loving it
Very nice improvements, but with an extreem performance hit with my GeForceFX, according to 1964's status bar, cpu usage when from 11%-16% with v0.3.2 to 56%-70% with v0.4. Also, the health meter in Mario64 does not show any health at all (did in v0.3.2).

One curiosity about uCode detection/emulation... I'd like to see if it is possible to recompile ucode into Cg or hlsl rather than writing special case software for each ucode. Where can I find some info on this microcode?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Moose Jr. said:
I successfully replicated this problem in 1964. Switching full screen bit depth to 16 bit should do ya' right. :) Tell us if it works.

Didn't help at all.

As for Banjo-tooie, enable the RSP plugin or it won't work, also this game is the sequal to banjo-kazooie of course its gonna be similar :p

Orkin, Banjo-Tooies missing the lensflare effect in the intro :)

Last edited:

dukenukem

lord freiza
Well gln64.4 now seems to work but eventually crashes my system when in full screen mode but the emu is fine and running.

DrewDown

glN64 0.4 wont work with PJ64?!?!

Why is it that glN64 wont work for me with Project64 but works fine with Nemu64 and 1964? When I go to load the rom, the emulator crashes. I have a ATI Radeon 9700 and I am running WinXP.

Thanks All,

DrewDown

gnearo

DrewDown said:
Why is it that glN64 wont work for me with Project64 but works fine with Nemu64 and 1964? When I go to load the rom, the emulator crashes. I have a ATI Radeon 9700 and I am running WinXP.

Thanks All,

DrewDown

I'm also getting the same Error

I'm also on a Radeon 9700 pro with Win2k

mojo

I run Pokemon Stadium on 1964 0.85 and encountered this bug. A error dialog appeared, said "Win32 exception 0xC0000005 occurred in glN64" then the emu crash.

mojo

And with Super Smash Bros with following settings:
Windowed Res: 640x480 32bit
Enable 2xSal texture
Enable Force Bilinear Filter
Enable Fog
Texture Bit Depth: 32 bit depth only
Texture Cache: 64MB
Enable Hardware Frame Buffer Textures
At the intro (see screenshot), 1964 crash.