What's new

Glide64

Alchemist

I'm probably showing my true n00b colors right now, but I can't get Glide64 (any of the versions) to show up in the change plugin pull-down menu. I made sure it's in my plugin directory, I run the little evoodoo wrapper program and it still isn't there. It's making me really angry, because I want to play TWINE with gun gfx, but no plugin works with those except Glide (or so I've heard).

Clements

The eVoodoo wrapper (eVoodoo.cpl + Glide3x.dll) needs to go in 1964's main folder for it to work.

Trotterwatch

Screw Evoodoo is (unintentionally I am certain) disrespectful to the great work McLeod has done on Evoodoo. Though I do echo your thoughts and agree that you should definately check Hacktarux's quite stupendously good Glide wrapper too :)

Clements

Hell yes. If you don't mind playing in windowed mode then the Hacktarux Experimental Wrapper(TM) even after just a few weeks work is much better since it works with the FB effects to a certain degree. Fast becoming my fave! :p

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
Ok , i drove over , but Hacktarux' wrapper has a better compatibility and looks better ( Evoodoo crashes as soon as a FB effect is on the screen ) . I would prefer Hacktarux' over evoodoo , to screw it is a hard insult , ok , ya got me :p

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
I also admit that Hacktarux has made a very good job with his wrapper (some of my games run surprisingly good), but H3ad5h0tter ask yourself which wrapper you were using before Hacktarux's wrapper.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Clements said:
The eVoodoo wrapper (eVoodoo.cpl + Glide3x.dll) needs to go in 1964's main folder for it to work.
The cpl needs to be in the windows\system (or system32 on NT/2k/XP) to show up in the control panel. It's pretty much useless if put in 1964's main dir.

Clements

Doesn't conflict with other programs then and not all of us want eVoodoo in the Control Panel.

yumero

is it usually best to use a wrapper when running the emulator? i bought a laptop for college and it has MUCH better hardware than the computer my parents have but i had to use a wrapper to run certain games. so even on this upgraded system, would it be best to use the wrapper or just go with a normal plugin without the wrapper?

Clements

Well, if you were using Glide64 + eVoodoo due to your video card not meeting the requirements of the other plugins but now you have a laptop with a video card that does meet said requirements, then yes, you should be able to use the other plugins fine depending on the power of the card. You might find though that Glide64 and a wrapper can still be better than other plugins so it's good to experiment a bit until you find a plugin that works best for a game.

OP
Alchemist

Alchemist

strange, this wrapper works 0% for me. Won't even load games at all.

Although I do have a low-end machine. (PowerSpec)

minkster

Alchemist said:
strange, this wrapper works 0% for me. Won't even load games at all.

Although I do have a low-end machine. (PowerSpec)

thats close to the same with me it works very little nd mostly the screen is black but hopefully it will be fixed sooner or later