What's new

Get Pokemon Colosseum to Work

megatallica

Thought I might as well tell you guys, ive managed to get it to work on dolphin r126 x86, hope this helps out anyone who needs it, but for xd its blank nothing happens, imo this is the most stable version.

OP
M

megatallica

There is still the standard shader problem, but it very much playable, here are the screens
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

bll1301

I don't like such kind of this topic. If u know how to make it work, tell everyone. Don't just show some pictures and stop.

btw, I also played pokemon colosseum one year ago on Dolphin x64 beta 3 by using GC-tool to rename folder "Movie" in gcm file to "MovBA" , according to a forum.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
I don't have any trouble with Colosseum, except it's very dark when there's no text on the screen. Otherwise it seems near perfect. I haven't played very much though. XD won't work for me, period.

EDIT: well, with the most recent build I get a shitload of "FPSCR - exceptions enabled. Please report." errors.

Last edited:

snakecs

Hm,so its dark only when there isnt a text on the screen?Thats not so bad,i guess...So the battles should be ok,right?

bll1301

Excuse me all to hell, but didn´t he explain how in the first post?
Oh, sorry for my foolish statement. I didn't read carefully:nemu:

Btw, I quot here again the guide I received:

"For everyone who doesnt know how to run PKMN Colosseum...
Download GC Tool (http://konsolenprofis.de/downloads/files/gc/gctool12b.zip) open the iph-pmc.gcm with it.
Then click on the folder "movie" and rename it to "movBA".
Then start the game."
But it only work with dolphin and dolphin svn rev before 275, as revisions 276 onward has a change that make an error.
With dolphin svn rev 271, as I've just tried again, u can play with good sound and display.

To advoid the dark screen, u should use Dx9 plugin for video, but it seems also decrease speed.

Hope it help. And sorry again.:bouncy:

snakecs

Very cool!Thanks a lot!
...err...i know i ask too many questions but is there a way to get Gameshark or AR working with Colosseum?

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
AR codes are one of Dolphin's newest features. It always seemed like it'd be quite a hassle though, so I never bothered.

snakecs

Guys,i cannot believe this!Isnt there an Action Replay code for Colosseum that unlocks the pokedex(1-386) or lets me catch any pokemon???I still hope there is.Please post the code if it exists.That would be very apriciated! ;)

snakecs

Great!Still dont know why it wasnt in codejunkies.
Anyway,do you think that it doesnt work or have you tested it also?

bll1301

The first time I played it, dolphin didn't support cheat. The second time I played it, cheat didn't work. If u can tell me how to get them work, I'll play it the third time. Please.

snakecs

Sounds like its worth trying again.We should try to use the code that changes the pokemon in one of the slots.If that works it would be pretty cool.