What's new

For immediate testing

Ancient1

Have downloaded 1964 0.8.5 and the updated ini. You guys are geniuses!

It works - must have been my AMD K62 CPU.

I did everything else suggested.
I'm using glide64 0.2 for Banjo Tooie and the speed is great(by that I mean playable) and there is no shadow under Banjo.

Thank You, Thank You.

:D

Stezo2k

S-2K
seems VERY faster to me, quite a lot less slowing down in goldeneye cheers:) i advise u to play goldeneye using Nrages plugin & settings for goldeneye, and play the level where u have to photograph the satilite, that level is so fun with mouse/Kb

:)

Stez

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Maybe it'd be possible to "import" the way PJ looks at cheats and use it in 1964.. i've always noticed 1964 was facked when it came to cheats. :(:(

NavEMU

Cheats are dependent on contry codes. Games with different country settings use different codes. That may be why they are deactivated.

StonedConker

when you stop emulation(F4)there is no way to reset anymore(F2)without the need of reloading the same rom and waste cpu,ram.Why is that?It was working normal with older versions...Anyone else the same prob?

Boooooommm

The Wanderer
I believe I found a BUG. When I play Zelda: MM (PAL), for some reason Azimer's 0.30 (old) plug in stops playing the sounds. If I go to full screen mode there is NO WAY to return back to the windowed mode! I can play the game just fine (without the sound, because somehow the plug in stops working) but I can't use the menu's or switch between full and windowed mode.

Boooooommm

The Wanderer
Forgot to say: I tried the game with Jabo's 1.50 at first and I had this issue, but then I see the "Use Jabo's D3D7 1.40", so I switch to 1.40 thinking it will fix anything and the same things happens. Just in case any of you asked the question :)

By the way, the emulator is faster than ever! No graphical slowdown at all!

brightman

Goober
Boooooommm said:
If I go to full screen mode there is NO WAY to return back to the windowed mode!

For some reason this only happens to me when I'm using the Daedalus plugin. When I try to switch back, the game will freeze for a long time, and then crash.

PainoMan

I R, R U?
Using Jabo's 1.5 video, Nrage control, and Azimer's sound plugins, I report:

Duke Nukem 64:

Motion controls (forward/back) are inoperative. Duck/jump controls work, but cause graphical weirdness.

Duke also seems to be playing too fast even with the FPS limit on. A counter factor of 7 seems to put it right.

Earthworm Jim 3D:

Plays too fast even with FPS limit on. Again, a counter factor of 7 puts it about right.

Just as a control element, Mario 64 runs perfect at CF 2 (default).

Last edited:

PainoMan

I R, R U?
I forgot to mention that Earthworm Jim 3D goes into a loop right at the very beginning, just after loading the gfame. A cow flys by and Jim says "Gravity suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks!". Then it loops, until you press Start.

That flying cow is interesting because I don't see that part with PJ64, which does not loop. Well, actually, if I turn of the FPS limiter in PJ64, I do see this part, but then the game locks.

Funky!

guve25

mmm... maybe I miss something on the settings but I can't save on WWF no Mercy using 0.8.5 (also on 0.8.4)

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
Always after having closed 1964, I can't do anything else (i.e. making stupid posts in this forum), because Windows freezes completely!

Clarck

Hey schibo, I´m writing to let you know that the new executable(0.85) turned out good on my PC. I was having the problems listed for the AMD K6-2 users and it solved them. Thanx man and keep up the good work!;)