What's new

Fixing Scratched CD's

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
aprentice said:
your only solution is shaving a layer off the bottom, if you can't do that then theres no other real solution left
How would you shave a layer off without scraping it to death?

smcd

That's what those skip-doctor things do. they have a mildly abrasive wheel which removes a thin layer of the disc.

OP
aibrubusfosusej

aibrubusfosusej

Yes that's my shoulder
It's ALIVE!

Sorry for the post revival, but i just found a GREAT way to fix mutilated cds.have you ever heard of the 'Brasso' Solution for fixing iPods?I tried it and it worked, so I thought I'd try it on a cd.It worked a miracle form me, My THPS4 on xbox went from not working at all, to working like brand new! I also was able to revive my Back in Black (AC/DC), but i never tried it on a dvd. I'm sure te same principles apply, though. I just took a cotton ball, and rubbed some in for a LONG time until I couldn't wait any longer, and then I used some windex, and wiped it off. I was a little scared because it was all misty looking, but it worked just fine.Now I can play THPS4 again, and listen to the killer soundtrack, too!

ShadowDamien

Shadow's Secret Clone
Whoa...

I just read this and used the toothpaste idea on my "Dookie" CD (aibrubusfosusej, nice avy) and it WORKED!!!! YAY ^.^!!!

BTW... I just realized that aibrubusfosusej is Jesus Of Suburbia and the best Green Day is OLD DOOKIE GREEN DAY (actually, I always knew that!!!)

OP
aibrubusfosusej

aibrubusfosusej

Yes that's my shoulder
ShadowDamien said:
Whoa...

I just read this and used the toothpaste idea on my "Dookie" CD (aibrubusfosusej, nice avy) and it WORKED!!!! YAY ^.^!!!

BTW... I just realized that aibrubusfosusej is Jesus Of Suburbia and the best Green Day is OLD DOOKIE GREEN DAY (actually, I always knew that!!!)

Thanx man. I totally agree with you. green day's going downhill unfortunately.

EDIT: Sorry about the thread revival. Didn't realize how long it's been lol