What's new

Emulation is partially dead

Do you think emulation may die off in a few years?

• Yes

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 77.8%

• Total voters

Trotterwatch

CXBX doesn't run games at the moment - so unless you are a developer or a Beta Tester Valek, you are talking rubbish.

Oh, and running Halo with a GF2? Doesn't sound too likely.

Trotterwatch

Yes it would be a bit buggy and not perfect as Valek has stated... also go check the link that you have just given me, does it state that the new version plays games? Nope

Believe me, I always try to check my facts before posting.

Stezo2k

S-2K
yeah, nothing really compares to it, they even used it to show off a few games at ETCS i heard :) plays every game ive tried very well :)

Stez

OP
tbag

tbag

Hmm.. well VisualBoy Advance its good but slow Boycott Advance is fast but not as compatible but Boycott Advance can run Worms World Party and VisualBoy Advance cant

If anything my bets on Cowbite it may still be buggy but its fastest kind of bad sound but great graphical interface and more features and it runs all games except for a few and its only Beta 3 or something...

Currently i use VisualBoy Advance & Boycott Advance & Cowbite for Demos since thats what its best emulating

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
iq_132 said:
I voted no.
PS2, Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, and X-box emulation are just starting to get interesting. Emulation in one way or another will never die.

*600th post w00t!!!*

wow looking at the number of post you have now and looking at the date you posted that message.... and looking at todays date.... :eek: lol you've posted more or less then 600 post in 18 days!! damn ive been on this board for about 2+ years and am only at 390+ lol

*hands iq_132 the you have no life award* J/k (as in just kidding)

OP
tbag

tbag

Ive been here about 2 weeks and ive got 185+ posts
Anyhow to keep this post on topic who here thinks how far SS Emulation is gonna get?

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Sega Saturn emulation? It's coming along well and I'm sure at least one of the active emulators will make it to the level of ePSXe.

OP
tbag

tbag

Same i found a copy of it but it was like a BETA and it sucked and that was on my old 166 mhz lol ;)