What's new

Emulation is partially dead

Do you think emulation may die off in a few years?

• Yes

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 77.8%

• Total voters
OP
tbag

tbag

Oh sorry you guys i'll stop that please dont ban me this is the only decent Emulation Forum that i know of and its the greatest :)

OP
tbag

tbag

Cool bye the way im switching sides from the Visual Basic side to the C++ side now if only i had listened to my brother about C++ eheh...

OP
tbag

tbag

Ive got C++ for dummies but ahh thats for RHIDE C++ a old dos sort of Borland C++ by Borland ;)

Unless there the same just different formats??

NOTE: I originally bought the book for Game Development for school i used to talk to a proper Game Developer who was in the industry :) lost his email :( that was when i was 12 and now im 14 a bit young i know but eh? Not my fault if my bro teached me heaps and no im not nerdy in fact i get D's for Maths and such lol ;)

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
I said No but I can see tbag's point - Without cart based systems things get harder and harder!!! I mean there are serious questions on wether a GC disk will ever be ripped and if not there will never be emulation!!!

OP
tbag

tbag

They of course can be ripped i mean thailand etc.. (no offence)
have high piracy rates around 98% of things pirated and im pretty sure theyve found a way of duplicating GC cd's as they can allready do X-box, PS2 etc.. they wont have any probs doing it i dont think anyway... just a matter of time.. just a matter of time..

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
I think this year has been like a transaction year!!! I mean the Saturn is really starting to take off - The DC is going commercial and the X-Box and PS2 emulation foundations have been laid!!! N64 dev has been less than past years simply cos it is becoming more finished!!!

Valek

Hell no, emulation isn't dead...sure, older consoles don't NEED any more emulators to be made; the current ones run every game there is. But newer systems (PS2, Xbox, GC, even n64) still recquire new emulators to get everything working. For every new console there will be new emulators for many, many years. (If you dont believe me, just look at SNES; new emulators were still coming out for it a year ago, even though the system is many years old)

GC and PS2 emulation will keep programmers busy for years...Xbox emulation, however, is allready mastered (; "CXBX" is the only Xbox emulator that I know of, and it runs every ROM that I can find perfectly. Anyway, no, emulation is not dead, and as long as there are new systems to toy with, it won't be.

OP
tbag

tbag

I thought CXBX wasnt ment to be even able to run any games at all? hmm...

Valek

I guess I should have clarified what I meant. CXBX doesn't run the ROMs, but creates a usable .exe file from an XBox game disc, or from an XBox ".xbe" file. Once a .exe is created, you just open it and play. And yes it works...I can run Halo perfectly.

Stezo2k

S-2K
Valek said:
I guess I should have clarified what I meant. CXBX doesn't run the ROMs, but creates a usable .exe file from an XBox game disc, or from an XBox ".xbe" file. Once a .exe is created, you just open it and play. And yes it works...I can run Halo perfectly.

wow, that sounds gr8, can u post pics?

Stez