What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

dumping and reloading?

silverneo188

Stationed at Area 41
ok I got the Rice's Video plugin 6.1.10 beta or something like that, and I need can some one give me a step by step tutorial on how to dump the bitmaps then reload them?

Iconoclast

In the configuration of your graphics plugin, make sure "dump textures to files" is checked from under Texture Filters tab while a game is running to dump textures to EmulatorDir\Plugin\Texture_Dump\InternalROMName.

If you receive a message that advanced options are not allowed to be changed then that means you need to uncheck "Hide Advanced Options" from the General Options tab.

Under this texture directory you will find probably five folders. Out of these five, ignore the ones containing the term 'bmp' in them; they are bitmap textures. Use ci_by_png and png_all to find all the textures dumped from the game. Sometimes one folder will contain textures the other doesn't. Such is the case with what I'd call trash textures in the other folders.

Last edited:

Datadayne

Make sure not to change the name of the texture when loading it.

Loading them, you have to put them in hires_textures located in the dirrectory.

Next time, please search on yur question befor asking.

Iconoclast

Yes, as long as the textures put into the EmulatorDir\Plugin\HiRes_Texture directory follow the same file name formatting as when they were dumped and you have "Load hi-res textures if available" setting checked under Texture Filters tab, textures used in the game will be replaced with those during runtime.

mudlord

Banned
*not being mean*

Are you serioslly asking that!!!. Search the forum or the stickies.

This annoys me greatly.....

I have written a complete tutorial for this in my plugin docs, yet still people STILL ask and don't look? Sheesh..I went to all that trouble for nothing it seems :( ..

Aquanistic

These seem like great instructions, but when I go to look for the texture_dump folder, it is not there :( The game window says it is dumping, but it does not show up in Windows Explorer. Does anyone know why this is happening?