What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Dumping all textures?

Dragonshadow

I want to make a reskin (texture pack?) for super mario 64. I'm not happy with the current ones and want to make one to my own style. Problem is I have no idea where to start... is there something that will just dump all of a game's textures so I know what the structure is?

And while its on the topic, is it possible to replace models and sounds in a game?

death--droid

You can't replace models and sounds in a game and probably will not be happening any time soon.

You can't dump every single texture straight out the game, you would have to run through the whole entire game to dump every single texture because the plugins only dump the textures when they are loaded into memory.

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
These plugins dump the textures which are currently loaded for the elements on screen. If you were to dump all textures it would be confusing, so its best to do it like this.

So pick a location, activate texture dumping, and tackle a retexture project one location at a time!

death--droid

I've actually got a tiny theory on how to replace sound. But I have no idea how the audio plugins work so it probably won't work properly.
I may go look into doing it now but I will probably end up failing miserably. :)

Last edited:

mode7

Well I'm not a coder but I also think it shouldn't be to hard to do it on a very high level.
The music format is reverese engineered so the parameters for playing back a certain sound could be read out.

A patch could alter the game to make a mute version ( a plugin maybe could do this on the fly) or disable playback

When playing the game in the emulator an external player/plugin could read out the parameters and play a MP3 accordingly.

Of course the main question is: Does the plugin even read those parameters? And I think this is the main problem: Since the N64 has no spu all the emulator does is emulating the CPU without looking "inside" the code.

sorry we got far offtopic here. there's a good thread about this in the coding board.

mode7

It is possible yes. But I was talking about replacing the music with higher quality

OVERLORDCHAOS

ok i want to ask something, on pokemon stadium and pokemon stadium 2, the start screen looks as a solid image (not created ingame) i want to dump the the original image from a rom. the myglide64 from 1964 mod only dumps at me all the textures of the pokemons and the menus but that image is missing.
so there is any utility to "open" the rom as if it where a compressed file and extract big images? (such as the backrounds and this start screen?
i want to do this since the ingame plug ins even configured to work in hi-res pixelate the image since it gets stretch out. also the original images are pixelated from "factory" since even on a real nintendo 64 on a normal tv they look somewhat pixelated.
on an emulator streched out looks like gigantic pixels.
anyway help me out pretty please?

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
ok i want to ask something, on pokemon stadium and pokemon stadium 2, the start screen looks as a solid image (not created ingame) i want to dump the the original image from a rom. the myglide64 from 1964 mod only dumps at me all the textures of the pokemons and the menus but that image is missing.
so there is any utility to "open" the rom as if it where a compressed file and extract big images? (such as the backrounds and this start screen?
i want to do this since the ingame plug ins even configured to work in hi-res pixelate the image since it gets stretch out. also the original images are pixelated from "factory" since even on a real nintendo 64 on a normal tv they look somewhat pixelated.
on an emulator streched out looks like gigantic pixels.
anyway help me out pretty please?
I didn't got it dumping with MyGlide/Glide dumping, too.
But I changed to 1964 video and it dumped fine. BUT it's a giant puzzle! The whole title screen is made via multiple layers which consist of multiple (300!!!!! for the titlescreen background) small textures, but it's a lot of work to puzzle them together correctly.
I uploaded the Pokemon Stadium 2 logo and the title-screen as an attachment. Hope it helps. Happy puzzling! ;)

Attachments

• titlescreen background + logo.rar
    201.3 KB · Views: 57