What's new

Dolphin (SVN) Shots

cerebus5

Very nice, esp in high definition. This is a major breakthrough for Dolphin Wii emulation.

Slightly O/T but how on earth did you get your E2160 to run at 3.4ghz?

Last edited:

solidesnake

SolIdEsNaKE
Very nice, esp in high definition. This is a major breakthrough for Dolphin Wii emulation.

Slightly O/T but how on earth did you get your E2160 to run at 3.4ghz?

its very easy , if my mother board supported more than DDR2 800 i can get more than 4 ghz per core

cerebus5

Interesting, it's the same CPU I've got but I've never attempted to go beyond 2.28.

Anyhow back on topic, awesome screenshots. It proves that Wii emulation is really 'there'...wherever 'there' is...

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
its very easy , if my mother board supported more than DDR2 800 i can get more than 4 ghz per core
Why not just smash your computer with a baseball bat? It'd use less energy while dying that way.

Last edited:

Olly

(Y)
Why not just smash your computer with a baseball bat? It'd use less energy while dying that way.
QFT. It's not worth wrecking your PC for a few more FPS.
Also, I have no idea it was possible to go in-game with Wii games yet. Does it work with any others past the menus?

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Overclocking is FAR from dangerous when done by someone with experience (that just means keeping voltages and temperatures within a safe range). Any potential amount of life shaved off of the hardware is outside the scope of it's life, anyway, making that a moot point.

I've overclocked every CPU/GPU I've owned since 2000, and never once did one die prematurely.

So... the 3 posters above this, stop pushing bullshit uninformed facts, thanks.

Last edited:

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Blackness is ALMOST gone in SSBM, if you set it to a high enough resolution. This one is originally 1600x1200.
Untitled-5.jpg

Untitled2-1.jpg

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
It is common facts, overclocking will shorten the life expectancy. However, you are taking it a bit too seriously. Lets take an example here: Say it can originally last 6-7 years (Which it absolutely can). Overclocking can shorten it down to about 4-5 years, if done correctly. FACT. If you fail to do it correctly, then it can be MUCH worse. See, i DO know what i talk about. No bullshit.

And i don´t CARE how long you have overclocked, how do you know for sure that i don´t have more experience then you? My first overclocked CPU dates back to the summer of 1997. It was my brothers computer. I was able to run Nightmare Creatures a BIT more smooth. It died in 2002-2003, not entirely sure. I DID revert it back to original speed in 1999, because i had a close meltdown, and had to replace some parts.

I DO know it was a bit different back then, but it really hasn´t changed much.

NOW...Back on topic, m´kay? Discussion closed. Here are some pics. Attachments does not work, i´ll keep the size relatively small for now, so i don´t piss off people.

Blackness is ALMOST gone in SSBM, if you set it to a high enough resolution. This one is originally 1600x1200.

*shoots self*

You're an idiot, and DON'T know what you're talking about, sry.

Overclocking will no doubt shorten the life of anything you're overclocking. I have no idea what you do not understand.

You're effectively drawing more power and wearing out the hardware faster and harder than it was designed for. It is bound to die out before it would have under "normal conditions".

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Any processor is likely to live for 15-20 years under "normal" conditions. Overclocking may reduce a couple years off of the CPU's life, but as I said before, that's WAY outside the scope of the processor's market life. Therefore, practically, it's NOT dangerous when done by someone with experience.

(The "takes lifetime off of the CPU" notion is only applicable when the CPU is overvolted - when OCing at stock voltages, no harm is possible)

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Spyro: A Hero´s tail now goes in-game. I don´t know how long this has been possible, but it used to go back to the title screen automatically when you pressed new game before. The shots are clickable, so both 56k users and...Heavier users are satisfied.:p Attachments still doesn´t work, btw.

Last edited:

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Well, you are able to add a link to the pic, so i can just post small pics, and link them to a bigger one, like i just did. Works about the same, takes a LITTLE bit more time. So it could be worse. I do hope it gets fixed, though.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
High voltage accelerates electromigration, potentially shortening lifespan.

Heat generally doesn't increase past unacceptable levels, unless you increase voltage.

;)

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Just know when I'm right. You're welcome to research what I've said; that is, unless you are afraid of being in the wrong.