What's new

Dolphin Final Release Compatibility Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiRES

Emulator Developer
DarthDazDC said:
8 months?! No-one's worked on it for 8 months?! What about the beta's that we were bein told and shown about in the threads?? u mean that beta that knuckles and others showed us was from the same beta?? And it could have been released before now?

well, we have played around with some recompiling techniques and fixed some small things, so there are different versions. but for ~8 monthes nobody has implemented any real improvment iirc.

cheers
FiRES

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
FiRES said:
well, we have played around with some recompiling techniques and fixed some small things, so there are different versions. but for ~8 monthes nobody has implemented any real improvment iirc.

cheers
FiRES
Ok. :plain:

Knuckles

Just get the Teaser compatibility + the beta compatibility (beta shots section) and you get the Dolphin Final compatibility! :p

xdaniel_FWB

Living RCP Hungup
Installing DirectX 9.0c fixed the video plugin crashes, thanks FiRES!

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle: slower then in the Teaser but with sound instead - hearing Sonic say "Did you insert a Memory Card?" on the memcard screen on my PC was quite something XD

...btw: would it be possible to make some kind of "null video plugin" that just ignores everything it receives? Just for listening to Dolphin emulating the GCN's audio hardware...

shadow1500

Unregistred User
xdaniel_FWB said:
Installing DirectX 9.0c fixed the video plugin crashes, thanks FiRES!

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle: slower then in the Teaser but with sound instead - hearing Sonic say "Did you insert a Memory Card?" on the memcard screen on my PC was quite something XD

...btw: would it be possible to make some kind of "null video plugin" that just ignores everything it receives? Just for listening to Dolphin emulating the GCN's audio hardware...
is there music?

xdaniel_FWB

Living RCP Hungup
shadow1500 said:
is there music?
Music and sound effects also work, yeah. I started up City Escape, exited, went into the sound test and listened to a really choppy Escape from the City for a while - everything else sound-wise was there as well.

Knuckles

SA2 is almost one of the most compatible game. sound, music, etc. (choppy tho)

If you want to play A LOT to it, put the CPU to interpreter , it will go faster but there won't be any "polygons sticking out of models" bugs and other bugs like camera and characters wrap, not black screens, see in the beta shots I played some hours (aproxx 10 or 15 mins of gameplay :p)

Burnpro

Supar ***
FiRES said:

cheers
FiRES

but no real fixes because of skill limitations or real life limitations? :D

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
007 Nightfire - Intro/ Awsome full speed music etc.. but then when u press start it hangs.

Animal Crossing - ingame

F-zero GX - hangs on SEGA/NINTENDO logo

Jeremy McGrath Supercross World - Ingame.. but very slow cause of grml "what" msgbox popping up every second.. i know this box has it's reason, but why not disable it somehow.. then the game would work better. (many others too)

Metroid Prime - Goes nowhere, same as before.

Metroid Prime Echoes - Pretty much the same as Metroid Prime

Sonic Mega Collection - same as in teaser, menu's etc ok, no rom emulation

Last edited:

END-TIME-X

Alpha & Omega
Just tried out Rouge Squadron 2: Rouge Leader, with different settings. The booting message comes up, then I get the error "READ:Unkown Address", over and over and over.

Anyone else been able to get this game to run at all?

MAD_BOY

weird guy
Mrioparty 6: hangs at niintendo logo
Mariokart doubledash: goes ingame but VERY dark
Alien hominid: Freezes at 03 entertainmetn screen after some errors

Last edited:

MAD_BOY

weird guy
Action replay and Freeloader: only a load of errors
Cubivore: blackscreen
Hitman 2: only shows "Licenced by nintendo"
Luigi's Mansion: freezes after intro
Tom & Jerry, war of the whiskers: Black screen
Soulcalibur 2: freezes at Licensed by nintendo screen
Starsoldier: works fine with prety choppy sound

Last edited:

TaN00Ki

MGFox said:
Any chance of it running on an OS other than an XP-based system?

When I try to run it on either a 98SE or a 2000pro system I get told that UxTheme.DLL is missing. This file is the controller for the XP-Styles on the XP-based OS's, and as it probably isn't crucial to the running of Dolphin, can this be by-passed in any way?

Cheers,
Fox

running win2k and having some prob here

why code an emulator around xp shit, XP sucks fuck it

Status
Not open for further replies.