What's new

Direct64 v0.5 ALPHA

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
What do you mean? Conkers Bad fur day is nearly perfect with Jabo's 1.5 and Glide64(I think).

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
ScottJC said:
What do you mean? Conkers Bad fur day is nearly perfect with Jabo's 1.5 and Glide64(I think).

Well... sure, he was probably talking about jabo and glide64 in a thread about direct64....

ViCyniC

Isn't Conker's BFD supposed to have shadows for Conker? If it is, then that's one thing that Jabo 1.5.1 missed. I hope Direct64 can achieve that.

OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
I haven't figured out CBFD's lighting yet, I'm working on the black Paper Mario characters thing, and OoT is as close to perfect as any plugin has gotten on my rig...not sure what's up with that.

Anyways, I'm working on a couple long-standing issues right now, and then once I get the thing stable again (new code always brings new bugs), I'll release.

Orkin

gandalf

Member ready to help
There is a small problem i OoT,in the pause screen,in the map section,in hyrule field or any town, with direct 64 alpha i can see blue dots instead of yellow.
But anyawy, the game is really well emulated (i like the zelda logo with the fire :) ).
Card FX 5200 128 Mb

Last edited:

ViCyniC

Orkin said:
I haven't figured out CBFD's lighting yet, I'm working on the black Paper Mario characters thing, and OoT is as close to perfect as any plugin has gotten on my rig...not sure what's up with that.

Anyways, I'm working on a couple long-standing issues right now, and then once I get the thing stable again (new code always brings new bugs), I'll release.

Orkin
I believe I had to use one of your older revision of Direct64 alpha to get Zelda looking like normal. The latest one in your first post give me problems with 1964. Some other user posted an older revision that worked with Zelda and your anti-alising. But I can't point out which one it is at the moment.

On another note, have you looked into KI Gold? :whistling

gandalf

Member ready to help
gandalf said:
There is a small problem i OoT,in the pause screen,in the map section,in hyrule field or any town, with direct 64 alpha i can see blue dots instead of yellow.
But anyawy, the game is really well emulated (i like the zelda logo with the fire :) ).
Card FX 5200 128 Mb
Ooops,it´s true,it´s blue and not yellow (i recently played Zelda OoT in my N64 and i checked it),so.......it´s perfectly emulated?
Oh,and i see that when i charge energy with the sword,the fog in N64 is smaller than with direct 64 (you post a thread with that)

Orkin said:

Orkin

Do you need any screenshots from the real n64?

OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Hmmm...I hadn't realized the problem with the OoT map until you guys mentioned it. Yeah, CrispyXUK, screens would be helpful.

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
Orkin said:

Orkin

Ooh, the black characters in Paper Mario thing has been bugging me for a while. :D

JuSt_BasIc

first of all since its my first time in this forum, i would like to thank orkin for is great work and his patient.
2nd
i have some question: isn´t super smash brothers graphics perfect??
second one:does orkin needs screenshots?

revl8er

That Damn Good
One thing I have been waiting to see and I hope you can achieve it Orkin is to have the Rocket Launcher working full speed when aiming on Conker's Bad Fur Day multiplayer.

olivieryuyu

hello

can somebody send me a savestate of Link's sword while standing in Hyrule field with the fog effect that Orkin spoke about few weeks ago.

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
I guess school picked up again. Too bad, I was hoping to see a release. Orkin's brief reappearance got me all excited and now I'm crushed beneath a mountain of despair... Ok, so that was a little melodramatic, but you get my point.

MushroomGuy2

YES!!! I love this :happy: :happy: :happy: Try playing with Majora's Mask, there's little lag and the blur effects are present! Yes, you own dude :p

MorpheusEternal

I gotta agree, the graphics from this plugin are lovely.

But I have a problem - it all worked fine and dandy yesterday. I started up today with banjoe kazooie and loaded a save game. Now (with Direct64) it pauses for about 2 seconds every 5 secs or so.

I deleted the registry entry for Direct64, and restarted PJ64, reset the setting but same deal.

How come it was perfect yesterday and does this today? What have I changed.. ?