What's new

DeSmuME 0.0.3 WIP - Compatibility List

OP
L

Low Lines

There has only been 1 rom dump of Sonic Rush (U), and I would know since I have spent hours going through all the nfo sites and gathering information. The only thing I can think of is that what happened might be similar to a glitch in iDeaS 1.0.0.6, where for instance (in some games) if you rapidly press keys you can actually skip the intro and advance further into the game. I highly doubt you had a bad rom, you probably did something different (in the loading process) that made it happen.
The Sonic DS games seem to be very odd, especially since they don't always do the same thing. I wonder if there are any others??

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
no there hasnt, there's been 3 dumps, each one according to region, i.e, (U) (J) (E)
oh and...500TH POST! :D:D:D

OP
L

Low Lines

I don't think you understand how this works. Regions can be/are very different, and yes I knew there was a jap and eur version of the game as well, I'm not stupid nor do I have a poor memory.
If you had been following this talk with the Sonic game carefully, you would KNOW that they were talking specifically about the USA version of the game, which has had only 1 dump!! Get it?? No one else argue with my facts when it comes to NDS roms dumps, cos when I get questioned about it, I feel that spending nearly a month with my head buried into nfos was all a waste for nothing!!
:angry:

sigloiv

Yeah, I just figured it out. I needed to press Start (I forgot to do it on this particular ROM). After that, I managed to get it ingame, but not playable. Thanks Musiolik! :D

Paull

Client closed between each attempt. Attempts at passing the black screen failed unless otherwise mentioned. Left seemingly paused games running for two minutes each to make sure nothing was going to happen.

0281 - Yakitate!! Japan Game 1 Gou Choujou Kessen!! Pantasic Grand Prix! (J) - fairly playable (at 6fps)
0282 - Zettai Zetsumei Dangerous Jiisan DS - Dangerous Sensation (J) - gets a few screens after the menu
0283 - Iron Feather (J) - black and white screen
0284 - Billiard Action (E) - black screen
0285 - Snowboard Kids Party (J) - shows an error screen in japanese (Unable to save. Turn off power and insert the DS card, please.)
0286 - Puyo Puyo Fever 2 Chew! (J) - pauses on startup
0287 - Metroid Prime Pinball (J) - shows an error screen in japanese (Unable to save. Turn off power and insert the DS card, please.)
0288 - Peter Jackson's King Kong (E) (M10) (v1.1) - black screen
0289 - Mawashite Koron (J) - crashes client
0290 - Table Game Spirits (J) - playable (yay, emulated solitaire)
0291 - Tiger Woods PGA Tour (J) - goes to menu then crashes client
0292 - Bleach DS - Souten ni Kakeru Unmei (J) - black screen
0293 - Eigo ga Nigate na Otona no DS Training - Eigo Zuke (J) - playable... if only sound worked, you too could learn engrish
0294 - True Swing Golf (U) - black screen
0295 - Danshaku (J) - can get to a menu
0296 - Greg Hastings' Tournament Paintball MAX'd (U) - pauses on first screen
0297 - Mario and Luigi - Partners in Time (E) (M5) - playable, not sure to what extent though
0298 - Chronicles of Narnia, The - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (E) (M4) - black screen
0299 - Croket! DS Tenkuu no Yuushatachi (J) - gets to a menu
0300 - Hippatte! Puzzle Bobble (J) - playable... for some reason the top and bottom screens kept switching

Paull

i don't know where to post this.... using the new file on yopyop's site, the backgrounds and graphics now show correctly on Phoenix Wright... that means it's probably a new version (can't seem to find mention of a version or build number or anything like that) so i guess i'll try a few other games and see if i might need to redo all of my tests (after seeing if it'll let me play further than Ideas did when i tried to play it on there, heh)

Paull

ok, i've retried all of them and no new games work... every game still pauses where it paused before... amazingly enough, though, every game that DID run now runs both much faster and looks much better... still getting a few small graphical errors in those though, like the switching of screens from top to bottom, and for some reason in Lunar the buttons at the store are backwards while the surrounding screen all shows the correct way, and in Phoenix Wright, a few of the info screens are invisible... oh, and the screen refresh time is still very slow... amazing job, developer person

DeathRain99

Oh cool, so it's more of a GFX+Speed update, rather than compatibility. It's still v0.3 though, which is weird. I just downloaded it. A fix, I suppose.

Edit - OMG! Mario and Luigi - PiT looks INCREDIBLE! Once you get in the game, the mario and luigi sprites are now correctly colored and look fantastic! Same with those collapsed Toad-ripoffs! Heck, Bowser ever. All the character sprites no longer are scrambled and tinted a weird color. (As in iDeas and the previous DeSmuMe) They all appear perfect to me. Still freezes in battle, but the graphics are hella better than I've seen in a DS emu before.

Sorry about this post, I just got really excited, big leap in the right direction. :)

Last edited:
OP
L

Low Lines

Mario & Luigi 2 is one of the games I'm hanging out for (I thought the first one was brilliant!!) and to hear that things are starting to pick up in it is very exciting. Move over DeathRain99, excited dude coming through!! I bet that alot of other games should have fixed up a little too, since they should mostly use the same basic format.

Oh and with all this speculation about the new DeSmeME released, the proper title for it is DeSmuME 0.3 WIP 2. Whereas this thread began on DeSmuME 0.3 WIP (1). But it seems the reason why YopYop hasn't furthered it to version 0.4 or something may be because he wants to get all the 2D graphics displaying right before he continues with compatibility. So it should be fine to continue this compat list without the worry of things changing, apart from arm7 graphics.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

He is great! He is smart to focus on 2D graphic first in first step. Thats great! Way to go, author! ;)

Membrane32

308 {Arashi_no_Yoruni_JPN_NDS - Playable, with minor glitches ( couldnt really get anywhere in the game, dont know JAP :p

309 {Asphalt_Urban_GT_JPN_NDS-MODE7} - Black Screen

310 {Minna_no_Mahjong_DS_JPN_NDS-MODE7} Playable. Minor Graphic glitches

311 {Oekaki_Puzzle_Battle_Gaogaiger_JPN_NDS-MODE7 - Hangs at a loading screen or something (dont know JAP once again :p

313 {The_Sims_2_Hachamecha_Hotel_Life_JPN_NDS-MODE7} - Black screen

Last edited:

spotanjo3

sigloiv said:
Were those last two on the new WIP 2 version?

Yes.

0314 - Resident Evil Deadly Silence - (U) - Showing Capcom logo and on the bottom "This game contains scenes of explicit violence and gore." then that's it.

ArgJuli

Argentine emutalk-tennisplayer
I don't know if this problem is in the correct place but I have problems with DeSmuMe 0.0.3 2 (french version). I Open (Outrir) the roms and then I execute but the 2 mirrors of the emulator don't work, it continues grey, like when you open the emulator. I tried 3 roms but nothing happens..and the FPS runs..What's the problem?