What's new

Dam...is Ott sooo much better then MoM?

blizz

I think nintendo have made an internal decision to develope the miyamoto franchies towards the "kids" since that is how they are percieved in the market and develop new ones for a "mature gamer"

having said that the cynic in me thinks they chose this style to regain the Japanese market since they love that chibi style ;)

also there is supposed to be a Golden Sun RPG in the works and hopefully they'll use a style which doesn't involve Cell Shading

linker

Emutalk Member
blizz said:
I think nintendo have made an internal decision to develope the miyamoto franchies towards the "kids" since that is how they are percieved in the market and develop new ones for a "mature gamer"

having said that the cynic in me thinks they chose this style to regain the Japanese market since they love that chibi style ;)

also there is supposed to be a Golden Sun RPG in the works and hopefully they'll use a style which doesn't involve Cell Shading

My only hope is there will be another zelda for gc (like zelda mom for n64) and won't be in "cartoon mode :colgate:". So we just have to wait, that's all (oo, i forgot, not only wait, but also hope :) ).

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
man, does gfx make such a big difference to u?

i play Zelda for its ingenius dungeon design, and inventive boss battles.

u guys seem to play it to look at link...

as long as the dungeons and bosses r great, zelda GC should be a must buy!

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Slougi said:
I like the CD-i Zelda games.....
:blush: ;) :D

Slougi, ur joking rite? those r not supposed to be even considered Zeldas! someone kill this madman quick, education must hav poisoned his mind.

linker

Emutalk Member
Yes, the gameplay is good, but...

pj64er said:
man, does gfx make such a big difference to u?

i play Zelda for its ingenius dungeon design, and inventive boss battles.

u guys seem to play it to look at link...

as long as the dungeons and bosses r great, zelda GC should be a must buy!

Pj64er, you are right, it's not only the gfx, but I will not feel the difference between the new zelda-s and the old ones. If the game looks perfect (perfect=awesome gfx, sound, music, gameplay) every self-respecting gamer would buy it. And you maybe know that if one of this components is not right (i.e. the gfx in this case) ... than what are we talking about, so... I hope that this cartoon style is a good thing...

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
ur speaking as if the gfx is lacking! if u look at it technically, it is the best cel shading yet. i just found it odd that a change of gfx style would distract ppl so much from what makes a Zelda game Zelda-y(or -ish).

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
i just hope that it will be a good game so i wont feel stupid for defending it against so much ppl:D

linker

Emutalk Member
Me too

Pj64er, I won't argue for something that I don't know (i.e. the new zelda). Maybe it'll be a good game, cause it is made by nintendo, and everybody know that the guys at Nintendo are genius. That's all from for now. :cool:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Zombie9920 said:
I'm disappointed with the new look for the GameCube Zelda.

It originally looked awsome. You can have a look at the original design for gamecube zelda here.

http://cubemedia.ign.com/media/previews/video/zelda/zeldademo.mpg

Hopefully Nintendo will release a sequal that will have those graphics. :)

feck, if gfx mean so much to u, then ur not a true Zelda fan. That goes to anyone else who thinks that the game is now ruined because nintendo had a change of gfx style.

Plus those were NOT the original design. it was a tech demo to wow the crowds at Spaceworld.

Honestly, do u play Zelda to check out Link's clothes?

blizz

/gives pj64er a cookie

I think the original design was meant to be something similar to the CG seen in the Oracles adverts

I freaked out the first time I saw Chibi Link but I'm happier with Chibi Link mainly because the more traditional Link that appeared first was just a little bit too fay for my liking to be the hero, and cute stuff sells well in Japan,

they ought to drop the Looney Toons humor though, because that isn't funny anymore, unless it's on Farscape ;)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Yes! a cookie!

why do everyone use the word Chibi to describe the new look? whats it mean?

also, i also realize that the reason nintendo gave made sense. they said something along the lines of it giving them creative freedom. it makes sense, when u think about it. now that link is like a cartoon, nintendo can throw any new play elements to the game without making the game unrealistic.

linker

Emutalk Member
I think that everybody understood what pj64er want to say - the gameplay is more important than the gfx... ok.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
ya linker, im feeling sick of repeating myself too, but there are always ppl who:

a) dont read the whole thread
or
b) think their smart when they say they like the OLD GC Zelda design, and r disgusted by the new

and thx blizz, didnt a while ago they used to call it just 'Super-Deformed' or SD ? (ie SD-Gundam)

blizz

hehe the difference is that SD basically look like cute small versions, Chibi has this overly sinister cute thing going on with huge eyes ;)